JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure I agree personally with the 'taste' they used or theme but kids are dressing like hookers by 12 now (it's hard to find trendy clothes that are more conservative - at least that's what my kid ran into).

It is very hard to find safe things they 'want' to do so I do applaud the bar for organizing an event for young people and providing security to keep them safe (apparently adequate enough to keep things from popping off until parents were picking up the kids at midnight - I like that they used actuall Armed security and not flashlight jockeys, no offense to unarmed guards at all).

I volunteer at a comic con type convention and the dress rules are basically 'needs to cover what a swimsuit will - bikini style' and some kids wear way to little or in a way I wouldn't send my own kid out in and that's at a G-rated event and there are hundreds of kids dressed this way out of thousands of attendees.

In summery the theme may have been less then desirable but I think we need more protected events like this everywhere as an option.

i agree with what your saying, but this idea just has red flags on it. A reserved pool party at a rec center would think appropriate, but I know a nightclub doesnt have a pool. "showers" probably.... its not so much the dress code as it is the theme and location that raises the flags.
so they had armed security,which is good, but it just dawned on me what security team doesnt catch someone sneaking a gun into a swimsuit party?

but it just dawned on me what security team doesnt catch someone sneaking a gun into a swimsuit party?

Good point, I'm sure lots of kids had bags of some kind.

I was just impressed with the fact they had armed guards and not just tasers.

As far as family values go I'm a 1%'er I'm sure, as are all of the other great parents here - funny how gun communities include such nice people.

It is hard to imagine and I have a wife in child services so I get a little more of the story about the other side of the coin then most. There are just simply too many mediocre (I'm being generous there:confused:) parents out there and their kids need something like this available or the alternative is getting in trouble like we all used too. However now, there's no wrist slapping it's go straight to jail and do not collect your $200.

I guess I've been playing the devils advocate a bit on this story. Personally it is not something I would send my kid too nor do I agree with the theme but do like that they took a gun free zone and actually spent the money to protect the kids while under their supervision.

After they got picked up, if the parents were all armed then maybe the damage could have been minimized.

Mostly I'm just happy that they paid for armed guards for the kids.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top