JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Man with 'assault style rifle' kills ten at dance club in CA

At least ten people have been killed and another ten rushed to hospital after a mass shooting at a dance club in Los Angeles. A man with an assault-style rifle reportedly opened fire at the ballroom near a Chinese Lunar New Year event in Monterey Park. The gunman, who has not been named, is still believed to be at large following the deadly attack just after 10pm on Saturday.

As if any ban on firearms or magazines. Doing away with the 3-day wait period, etc. would have prevented this.
But its a sure bet that LEVO and the AG will scream that it would. Hand wringing will ensue. I don't see the Honorable Raschio's TRO standing much longer.

10 dead and at least that many injured ,Monterey Park,Ca .Happened last night about 10:30 pm. Shooter not found, manhunt is on of course.
AFAIK the perp used a hand gun. Latest news reports this morning have little new to offer.
This just sucks .

No law against mass murder using a Semi Automatic Rifle?

Assault weapons and BMG rifles are also banned in California per Penal Code 30600 PC. The law specifically prohibits doing the following with these firearms:

• manufacture,
  • distribute,
  • transport,
  • import,
  • sell or
  • give away.

It really sucks to have this new loss of life..
With its timing, I'm sure the heartless politicians will pounce on this and use it as an opportunity to make new laws and restrictions that clearly have zero impact on violent crazies doing what they do. No current laws stopped this crime, no proposed laws will stop this type of crime.

Man with 'assault style rifle' kills ten at dance club in CA
Hate to see innocent loss of life , But I have read the articles on FOX and CNN and neither mentioned a type of gun ?
CNN of all outlets said "Authorities do not believe that an assault rifle was used by the gunman in the Monterey Park,"
FOX "Meyer said no further information on the firearm used was available at this time."
where did you read the evil black rifle was involved in this ?

178B6DCA-5300-42B0-A1F9-3BC6FD3A47AF.jpeg

Woke up yesterday to a shooting about 100 yards away. Two cars with running gun battle. I wonder how many times those pricks have been in and out of jail? So tired of these politicians and snowflakes blaming guns when at every opportunity they are creating policies enabling and supporting crime and violence.

Last Edited:
It really sucks to have this new loss of life..
With its timing, I'm sure the heartless politicians will pounce on this and use it as an opportunity to make new laws and restrictions that clearly have zero impact on violent crazies doing what they do. No current laws stopped this crime, no proposed laws will stop this type of crime.
The problem here is simply not enough people carry. And those few that do are plagued with GFZ laws further restricting carry.
Shooting sprees will continue to fuel more gun control laws until all guns and carry are prohibited, or more people carry and stop these attacks the moment they unfold.

The problem here is simply not enough people carry. And those few that do are plagued with GFZ laws further restricting carry.
Shooting sprees will continue to fuel more gun control laws until all guns and carry are prohibited, or more people carry and stop these attacks the moment they unfold.
Good point. Also in addition to stopping the attack soon after it starts, good guys with guns might stop the attack from ever happening. FE lets pretend the gunman knows that half the people he is about to attack are armed. My guess is he would not do it. How many mass shooting take place where it is known there are armed people present?

Good point. Also in addition to stopping the attack soon after it starts, good guys with guns might stop the attack from ever happening. FE lets pretend the gunman knows that half the people he is about to attack are armed. My guess is he would not do it. How many mass shooting take place where it is known there are armed people present?
Well there's those facts too but the problem with my statement is I don't have confidence more people want to carry guns or ever will be a popular trend.

And that is to the demise of gun rights.

10 dead and at least that many injured ,Monterey Park,Ca .Happened last night about 10:30 pm. Shooter not found, manhunt is on of course.
AFAIK the perp used a hand gun. Latest news reports this morning have little new to offer.
This just sucks .
a second incident happened the same night in Alhambra at another celebration
but that time, the Asian man with the gun was jumped, beaten and his gun taken away before he could shoot
Police now have the firearm, but the gunman got away

Hate to see innocent loss of life , But I have read the articles on FOX and CNN and neither mentioned a type of gun ?
CNN of all outlets said "Authorities do not believe that an assault rifle was used by the gunman in the Monterey Park,"
FOX "Meyer said no further information on the firearm used was available at this time."
where did you read the evil black rifle was involved in this ?
A law enforcement source briefed on the matter said the gunman used a high-powered assault rifle at close range. Some witnesses described a white cargo van, which Luna said should be considered "a van of interest."

Wong Wei, who lives near the scene of the shooting, had four friends who were at Star Dance studio Saturday night, including his sister. He had been invited to go with them but decided not to go. Wei said one of his friends had been injured in the shooting and was lying on the ground with blood on her face.

The gunman was holding a "long" gun and appeared to be firing indiscriminately, Wei was told. The "boss" of the studio, referred to as Ma, had also been shot and was on the floor."

Problem is urban california, even if you want to lawfully carry, many counties' sheriffs will not allow most average citizen to get a permit.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top