JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A shooting at a night club in Florida, hosting a teen party (ages 12-17) was the target of another shooter. No info yet on the shooter (or shooters, several have been detained as possible suspects). 2 are dead at this point, around 20 injured. The story is still developing, so we'll have to wait until more details come out.

What I thought was interesting was a post by the club owners. Seems they are rushing out to basically say "it's not our fault". Apparently they had armed security on staff as well. Maybe the armed security is why it wasn't worse than it was?

And in response to their question of what more could have been done? Well, for starters, how about staying away from venues like this, which have seemingly become targets in whatever war it is we're waging right now.

Club Blu
2 hours ago

We are deeply sorry for all involved. We tried to give the teens WHAT WE THOUGHT WAS A SAFE PLACE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME. Ages 12-17. There was armed security as well as full security,inside and out. As the club was closing and parents were picking their children up.....that's when all this took place. There was nothing more we could of done az you see it was not kids at the party that did this despicable act. Our condolences to all parties involved.

Source: <broken link removed>

On a side note, who let's their 12yo go to a all hours of the night "swimsuit glo" party at a club?o_O

Having a teenage daughter that just passed those years I have some insight on that - otherwise that would be my same reaction.

Often these events are Highly supervised so the chances of rape or whatnot are very small and they even had Armed security.

Kids are staying at home longer but growing up at that age faster. The internet tells them all the things they are almost old Enough to do and they want to do it too.

I'd rather have a locked door policy, no one leaves without a parent or the event ends (which sounds like what happened here) then have her trying to do things she shouldn't be and end up at someone's house unsupervised.

Now granted I'm not one of those parents (I or my wife meet people before she was allowed over) but know people with kids in the 12 year old age that act like my kid did at 16-17o_O.

Just saying that I'd rather see these types of venues available to kids then letting them get in trouble somewhere, because instead of the slap on the hand by the sheriff and the belt by dad you just get booked and in the system.

(Malls probably have about the same concentration of kids so they aren't safe there and no guards to help).

knowing all the crap i did when i was 16-17 i have 14 years to be a good example and raise my son right so my sons like me now and not like i was 12 years ago ha.

kids are going to do what they want no matter the upbringing. my parents are awesome. always have been. ask me what i thought of them when i was 16-17. i knew everything. i was an idiot.

Joe13,
Your comment about the mall and concentration of kids is a big worry for me.
Imagine a attack say on Black Friday.
(Not that I want that to happen or am advocating for any attack anywhere at anytime.)
Way too many folks in the mall , just wandering about and not paying the least bit of attention to what's going on around them.
Andy

Joe13,
(Not that I want that to happen or am advocating for any attack anywhere at anytime.)
Way too many folks in the mall , just wandering about and not paying the least bit of attention to what's going on around them.
Andy
no doubt, i couldnt even imagine what it was like at clackamas town center back in dec'12. close to Christmas time and everything... all i know is that if i was there that day i would have had my EDC. never know when somethings going to happen. always be prepared.

U
Having a teenage daughter that just passed those years I have some insight on that - otherwise that would be my same reaction.

Often these events are Highly supervised so the chances of rape or whatnot are very small and they even had Armed security.

Kids are staying at home longer but growing up at that age faster. The internet tells them all the things they are almost old Enough to do and they want to do it too.

I'd rather have a locked door policy, no one leaves without a parent or the event ends (which sounds like what happened here) then have her trying to do things she shouldn't be and end up at someone's house unsupervised.

Now granted I'm not one of those parents (I or my wife meet people before she was allowed over) but know people with kids in the 12 year old age that act like my kid did at 16-17o_O.

Just saying that I'd rather see these types of venues available to kids then letting them get in trouble somewhere, because instead of the slap on the hand by the sheriff and the belt by dad you just get booked and in the system.

(Malls probably have about the same concentration of kids so they aren't safe there and no guards to help).

Valid points and I might consider letting my 14yo daughter go to a dance party at a teen club in a couple years but IMO this being a swimsuit dance party where I assume there was no pool, was a deliberate attempt to create a sexually charged environment that is too mature for a 12yo and frankly kind of creepy and gross.

Police are now saying that this is not a "terrorist" incident, yet no motive has been released.

My next question, if they have no motive, how can they be certain it was not a 'terror' incident??? Or are they simply jumping out with that statement so it doesn't further make the anti-gunners gathering in Philly look even worse during their already messed up DNC this week?

That said, this 'incident' sure is well-timed to try and get attention off the whole Debbie Wasserman Schultz issue with the DNC. Looks like things are already looking worse for the DNC this week than it did last week at the RNC.

A few things. I don't like the idea of a swim suit dance party, for teens it my just be a Florida thing. My daughter always had a Pajama day at high school, I wouldn't let her take part in.

A few people in the story said they ran over to the club after hearing the shots. It didn't sound like they had kids at the club. Stop going to these scenes just to look or take pictures. One day they'll be a small incident to lure people into a bigger one.

Joe13,
Andy
Always go heels when you go to the mall. Disregard stupid signs that say it's a shooting gallery...

I read that it is not confirmed yet, but suspected to be gang related. More young people are shot every weekend on the streets Chicago than there are in mass shootings. The Anti's almost never talk about that or how their proposed new gun laws will prevent that from happening. I guess those lives don't matter? Actually, they don't want to discuss the fact that the gang banger's don't actually plan on turning in their guns due to the new miracle laws.

I read that it is not confirmed yet, but suspected to be gang related. More young people are shot every weekend on the streets Chicago than there are in mass shootings. The Anti's almost never talk about that or how their proposed new gun laws will prevent that from happening. I guess those lives don't matter? Actually, they don't want to discuss the fact that the gang banger's don't actually plan on turning in their guns due to the new miracle laws.

Wow, Hawaiian, that's well said! Now I realize that I have something in common with the gangsters!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top