JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Robber: Give me that $20.
Victim: No! I'll fight to keep it!
Robber: Then give me $10.
Victim: OK, that's not worth fighting you for, and maybe getting hurt.
Robber: Thanks for compromising.

:(

Bruce

1684784288100.png

Aloha, Mark

Assaults on children.

OMG.

Looks like the culture war is on.

Better put my goggles on.
Do you have children? When they come home from school and argue men can have babies or tell you how many of their teachers are LGBTXXX, keep your goggles on.

When I went to school, I couldn't tell which teacher was LGBT outside of the girls swim coach. Even then, nobody cared.

Just because some people aren't aware of what's happening in schools doesn't mean everything is going well. The school board in a lot of districts have redefined their roles. I've had the conversations with some principals/vice principals and left the meeting shaking mad. Some are more concerned with the message than your kids life as long as the numbers work.

Last Edited:
College is even worse, never thought I'd would hear some of the stuff I have and that's from both my daughter with a BS and my wife (although the wife is aware of the disconnect and not drinking the koolaid) with a Masters.

It borderline's criminal imo if not already crossing the line.

The stores will play it safe (many will just shut down). I'm in Oregon where the law is stayed for the moment, but I tried to buy a couple of magazines for a Ruger 10/22 from an out of state catalog store, and they said, "no dice." The businesses won't attempt to skirt the letter of the law.

One thing I came away from the show wondering about. At the show office desk, they had a little notice out that NO semi automatic rifles with detachable magazines could be bought or sold. When I asked, "Does that include a Remington Model 742, which has always been a sporting rifle and doesn't feature a barrel shroud?" This was answered in the affirmative.

On the way home, I stopped at a rifle range in Renton and the discussion was continued with two men I met there. They too stated that ALL centerfire semi autos with detachable magazines were included in the ban. I said, "Remington 742, Ruger Mini -14, and US M1 Carbine?" They said yes.

If true, I must've missed this in the final bill.
I'm thinking that there are a lot of people who missed a lot of things in the bill. It had so much garbage in it and then everyone had their own opinion on what it actually said. I had a gun shop employee say that we would still be able to buy an AR22 upper because it was rimfire and rim fires were not covered. I wish it were true but I don't think so.( I hope that's just my opinion)

I haven't read the most recent stuff but it was my understanding that only .22lr simi-autos with tube magazines were exempt.

I believe the 10/22's are a no go now as with any AR pattern rifle in .22lr.

I've been wrong before and will be again so don't quote me on it.
GS a little south of me is gearing up for selling a bunch of 10/22 accessories but says they can't sell AR22 uppers. But here again, just one mans opinion.

I had a gun shop employee say that we would still be able to buy an AR22 upper because it was rimfire and rim fires were not covered. I wish it were true but I don't think so.( I hope that's just my opinion)

GS a little south of me is gearing up for selling a bunch of 10/22 accessories but says they can't sell AR22 uppers. But here again, just one mans opinion.
I don't know the definitive answer; for one thing, I don't really know what an AR22 is. If it's an AR15 with a .22 LR conversion kit, it's likely covered under the new ban. If it's an AR-looking rifle originally made in .22 LR, and takes a box magazine of 10 rounds or less, from my reading of the final bill it should be okay. Because rimfire isn't covered insofar as evil assault rifle features are concerned. The new law clearly says "centerfire." But per RCW 9.41.101(16), a .22 LR cannot have a magazine over 10 shots capacity. If I'm not mistaken, .22 LR semi auto rifles are subject to the provisions of I-1639 as "semi-automatic assault rifles."

Over time, I suppose various concerned people will write to the state AG's office for clarification of certain points. In the meantime, some dealers may take a cautious course and refuse certain business due to unanswered questions. When a local dealer says he "can't sell AR22 uppers," it may because an out-of-state supplier won't sell to him because of doubt.

Not at all, I agree…

Unless you start ranting about that member being a FUDD and touting your moral high ground about fighting for gun rights when it appears that you only woke up to reality a year ago.

I have no issues with being passionate about something until you are bashing others to get your point across.

I don't think @nwslopoke and I have ever met IRL - maybe we have it's hard to remember every person Ive met here, but I know he isn't a FUDD and doesn't deserve to get ranted on because his comment was either taken incorrectly or plain did not sit well with another person.

I took a few years off cuz I got tired of the drama from the new kids and the website powers that be supporting them.

I'm not alone. Think about the prominent posters that disappeared around the summer of 2020 - I still am in touch with quite a few and they all left for the same or similar reasons.
It is sad to see the experience leave. Some of us Not young (72) are just new here. We need to find a way to band together otherwise Dictator Inslee wins.

What is a fudd?
It is a derogatory term used for people who own guns and likely hunt but are not Edgelords like the people whom call them that. Generally if one is not ranting and raving all the time about how they are going to be put in a camp by an imaginary government because they think free-er thoughts than the rest of us, and how everything in the universe is a slight against them, one is a fudd.

What is a fudd?
It is a derogatory term used for people who own guns and likely hunt but are not Edgelords like the people whom call them that. Generally if one is not ranting and raving all the time about how they are going to be put in a camp by an imaginary government because they think free-er thoughts than the rest of us, and how everything in the universe is a slight against them, one is a fudd.
Not really. More accurately, it's a derogatory term referring to gun owners who are, at best, unaware or ambivalent about anti 2nd initiatives, legislation, etc. it also refers to those that are opposed to owning types of firearms outside of their often limited opinion what "shouldn't be legal". Such as an old fart hanging out at the local barbershop, ranting about how he believes in the 2A & goes duck hunting every year but doesn't think anybody "needs a handgun", or "needs semi automatic firearm", etc….. or the guy that goes deer hunting with his buddies every once in a while, but doesn't believe that anybody should have a gun that holds more than three rounds, etc.
Because of their limited beliefs, they are often maligned for not supporting pro second amendment initiatives. Or at least failing to oppose anti-Second Amendment initiatives, because they believe themselves to be unaffected by infringements. Worst case, they very well may vote in favor of restrictive measures or candidates due to their bias.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads