JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

The referenced article they used:

The EO from March:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2023/03/14/fact-sheet-president-biden-announces-new-actions-to-reduce-gun-violence-and-make-our-communities-safer/#:~:text=The Executive Order directs the,as possible without additional legislation.

Updating with comment rule articles from Aug 31st:

Last Edited:
The only downside to these BGCs/PPTs is you now need to obtain an FFL if you read it.

Last Edited:
The biggest issue (rumored) is that any person that conducts more than 5 GCA firearm transactions per year will be considered a "dealer" and must possess a valid FFL license. This includes transactions through FFLs with background checks. Most are saying that it only applies to those selling more than 5 firearms per year, but some are saying that it will be buying and selling.

ATF: "You sell over 5, you need to get an FFL."

You apply for an FFL.

ATF: "No, you are not a business."

Bruce
I also believe that they will be going after home-based FFLs (other than C&R). Unless your property is zoned for the business, you're out. These are all things that can happen with an EO.

5 or more sales...Hmmm....
Back in the good days of gun shows....a fella might have been able to do that over the weekend.

In any event...I agree...It ain't much of a leak...since the banning of private firearm sales has been desired by some for quite a while now.
The fact that there are "plans" to do so...should be cause for gun folks to band together and try to prevent this from happening.
However...I ain't betting on that happening....sad to say.
Andy

Last Edited:
And I will say it again . You are all free men, free to behave like the criminal you are falsely painted to be.
You are.

I can't afford to lose my home, my livelihood etc…

Perhaps you can, or wish to risk all of the above.

I do not wish to. Unless you guarantee in writing along with several million dollars (call it 10 million) in escrow for legal fees, living expenses & our retirement.

But sure, throw down yer thang on an Internet forum…

What is the limit for BK parking lot deals?

Asking for friend.

1691447827772.png

You are.

I can't afford to lose my home, my livelihood etc…

Perhaps you can, or wish to risk all of the above.

I do not wish to. Unless you guarantee in writing along with several million dollars (call it 10 million) in escrow for legal fees, living expenses & our retirement.

But sure, throw down yer thang on an Internet forum…
This, I can't defend my daughter and wife if I'm in the Gulag, so best stock up ahead of this. But ultimately, I'm not going to sweat it because God is in control, and I am not going to take on excess stress I don't already have over a stupid, blatantly unconstitutional law that will be challenged, and most likely injunction the very next day if it even makes it that far. Funniest thing about is they act like they will actually consider the publics opinions like they did for the brace ban amirite? Funny how there were no dissenting opinions from the public, makes you think hmmmmm?

Not sure why the 'leak' aspect is a big deal, they have been saying for years that all firearms sales should require a BGC
That makes it more sensational, like there's some sort of conspiracy going on. There is not. The law facilitating it was passed some time ago.

I am sure you have noticed other 'conspiracy bits' in the thread as well. It's kind of a thing. A sad thing.

This seems like a non-issue as far as the Northwest goes, Oregon already requires an FFL for any sales and my understanding was that Washington was as bad and worse if for no other reason than the mag limits. Yeah, there's always a wink and a handshake parking lot deal but in the decade or so I've been collecting I've never once met someone who was down to sell a firearm without going through an FFL.

Am I missing something?

This seems like a non-issue as far as the Northwest goes, Oregon already requires an FFL for any sales and my understanding was that Washington was as bad and worse if for no other reason than the mag limits. Yeah, there's always a wink and a handshake parking lot deal but in the decade or so I've been collecting I've never once met someone who was down to sell a firearm without going through an FFL.

Am I missing something?
SB941 in Oregon. August 2015, signed into affect via emergency clause.

Prior to such person to person sales between in state residents were perfectly fine without the FFL step.

Do you "feel" safer because such baloney law was instituted? I do not. Just caused me lots of money & time wasted. Criminals still criminal...

Well....
I have been collecting for far longer than a decade...
And it was a Hell of a lot easier and better without the requirement of a BGC to make a legal private sale.

As for what you are missing....
Can't miss what you never knew....sad to say at times.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR