JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You keep wanting to confine the discussion to retail firearms sales owners, but this thread it about the proposal of FFL license requirements for private citizen sales of personal property.

You just made my point though. On top of the licensing fees, the learning curve and maintenance of an FFL license... to include subjecting yourself to random audits and inventory inspections... it'll cost you another $204 annually for a records service provider... just to have the right to sell a few items of personal property that, combined, you may not even make a $200 profit on to even cover your record keeping bill(??)

It may be "blah blah blah" nonsense in your pro-gooberment/regulation mind, but to those why believe in the rights of the people... It stands... if they want to put a stop to private party firearms sales... make it prohibitively expensive, cumbersome and under the control of gooberment to terminate your rights at will.

:s0128:
Exactly, FFLs are already burdensome to the 2nd Amendment, let alone if they then are required of anyone who may be selling/trading firearms, not just businesses!

Exactly, FFLs are already burdensome to the 2nd Amendment, let alone if they then are required of anyone who may be selling/trading firearms, not just businesses!
Nothing to see here:

They dont need a warrant. I mean its fun to act like the sky is falling but just spouting off stuff that is blatantly false is fun too. If the ATF deems you have violated the terms of your licensing they can close your business and seize your records without a warrant. They can make copies , whatever. When a dealer goes out of business they have to surrender their records to the ATF. HAVE TO, Its not optional.

You are.

I can't afford to lose my home, my livelihood etc…

Perhaps you can, or wish to risk all of the above.

I do not wish to. Unless you guarantee in writing along with several million dollars (call it 10 million) in escrow for legal fees, living expenses & our retirement.

But sure, throw down yer thang on an Internet forum…
Exactly why our Constitution is diminishing in front of us. No one is collectively willing to risk anything, but will too lose those things from the unabated reach of a Tyrannical Force.

For those that didn't read the article:
According to 18 U.S.C. 923(g)(1)(A), FFLs must maintain records such as a bound book and copies of the ATF Form 4473, which Kiloton Tactical did maintain. During an inspection, an IOI is able to look over records for policy violations but does not have the authority to inspect the documents off-site. This action is expressly prohibited by 27 CFR § 478.23(cd).

The statute reads: "The inspections and examinations provided by this section do not authorize an ATF officer to seize any records or documents other than those records or documents constituting material evidence of a violation of law. If an ATF officer seizes such records or documents, copies shall be provided to the licensee within a reasonable time."
At the time of the seizure, no wrongdoing was suspected. The IOI insisted he was within his legal rights to remove the documents from the store. The IOI's deviation put him at odds with federal law.

For those that didn't read the article:
Potentially but with their new zero tolerance policy if the IOI has the authority to shut the business down on the spot for violations, which I believe they do, then the ATF by default takes possession of 4473. There is no time period where the ATF cannot have them any more so they basically just take everything.

Reminds me to clean up my books.

Last Edited:
They dont need a warrant. I mean its fun to act like the sky is falling but just spouting off stuff that is blatantly false is fun too. If the ATF deems you have violated the terms of your licensing they can close your business and seize your records without a warrant. They can make copies , whatever. When a dealer goes out of business they have to surrender their records to the ATF. HAVE TO, Its not optional.
Exactly correct. I just closed my FFL business (on my terms). The process was I had to write the ATF a letter stating I was closing, what date I was closing and then return all of my records to them. FFL's are subject to one inspection during a calendar year, however additional inspections require a search warrant.

Exactly correct. I just closed my FFL business (on my terms). The process was I had to write the ATF a letter stating I was closing, what date I was closing and then return all of my records to them. FFL's are subject to one inspection during a calendar year, however additional inspections require a search warrant.
ATF came by more than once a year but I never saw a warrant

More from DOJ - the rule hasn't been published yet, so take it with a grain of salt.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews