JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So there would need to be an out of state FFL that converts them into WA compliant firearms. That's dumb.
It isn't dumb so much as the law doesn't give an in-state FFL the legal ability to import banned guns, just like you don't have that ability either. Ruger or the distributor could do it.

It isn't dumb so much as the law doesn't give an in-state FFL the legal ability to import banned guns, just like you don't have that ability either. Ruger or the distributor could do it.
You're right, dumb is the wrong word. Asinine would be better. Or ridiculous. Or maybe preposterous - that one doesn't seem to get enough use nowadays.

Not at all, I agree…

Unless you start ranting about that member being a FUDD and touting your moral high ground about fighting for gun rights when it appears that you only woke up to reality a year ago.

I have no issues with being passionate about something until you are bashing others to get your point across.

I don't think @nwslopoke and I have ever met IRL - maybe we have it's hard to remember every person Ive met here, but I know he isn't a FUDD and doesn't deserve to get ranted on because his comment was either taken incorrectly or plain did not sit well with another person.

I took a few years off cuz I got tired of the drama from the new kids and the website powers that be supporting them.

I'm not alone. Think about the prominent posters that disappeared around the summer of 2020 - I still am in touch with quite a few and they all left for the same or similar reasons.
I didn't say he was right or that I agreed with his position. Just saying throwing around site tenure like that is dismissive and implies that his opinion is somehow less valid because of it.

Yes, new guy should slow his roll and not spout off against members like that. We're all pissed about the law, and frustrated that we're stuck with it until the court battle is finished - pointing fingers and name-calling is not going to make it go away. That kind of behavior erodes and fractures our community. Now is the time for us to be standing together, not tearing each other apart. That goes for all of us, newbies and old farts alike. Next time you go to express your frustration, apply the firearm safety rules to your comments:

1. Treat all comments as loaded.
2. Never point an angry comment at someone you don't intend to upset.
3. Keep your finger off the "post reply" button until you've reviewed your comment and are confident it complies with the rules of the forum.
4. Know what you are commenting about, as well as what/who is around or behind it.

Not at all, I agree…

Unless you start ranting about that member being a FUDD and touting your moral high ground about fighting for gun rights when it appears that you only woke up to reality a year ago.

I have no issues with being passionate about something until you are bashing others to get your point across.

I don't think @nwslopoke and I have ever met IRL - maybe we have it's hard to remember every person Ive met here, but I know he isn't a FUDD and doesn't deserve to get ranted on because his comment was either taken incorrectly or plain did not sit well with another person.

I took a few years off cuz I got tired of the drama from the new kids and the website powers that be supporting them.

I'm not alone. Think about the prominent posters that disappeared around the summer of 2020 - I still am in touch with quite a few and they all left for the same or similar reasons.

….…or the prominent posters that have turned off any and all financial support and donations.

Does anyone distribute a Mini-14 with no handguard?

Or, is it possible for an FFL to order a gun, remove the "evil features" and offer it for sale as a compliant firearm?
1. A Mini-14 is perfectly functional without an upper handguard. Existing such firearms would be transferrable without a handguard which is easy enough to remove.

2. As to new guns, it's my feeling that manufacturers may offer work-around guns,. Which happened when New York banned certain guns with certain features,. Hence the M1A with the "New York front sight." BUT: This possibility may be stillborn due to the also recent enactment of the law allowing manufacturers and sellers to be more easily held liable for misdeeds done with their products. SB 5078, I think it is.

There are many work-around AR's that have evolved to comply with California's ban. Most are laughable and guns I wouldn't want to own.

I don't think semi-auto .22's are included in "the ban" as I've read it. Centerfire is specifically mentioned. At the WAC show, their notice said semi-auto .22's were okay for sale and purchase. They are still covered under I-1639, however, and subject to those transfer rules.

That's another limiting factor about buying at the gun show. If it's a handgun or semi auto rifle (that is still allowed), you have the wait time. Which might involve a dealer that is some distance away. Or necessitate another rendezvous at the gun show, another one or two month wait. This is just a nuisance for legit buyers.

For the time being. Then in 2024, we have that law coming into effect that causes a wait time for ALL firearm transactions.

Okay, I've gone back now three times and read the "session law" version. Which is the final word of the legislation. Yes, the banned rifle doesn't have to be on the list to be evil. After the list of specific models, the legislation says this:

"(iv) A semiautomatic, center fire rifle that has the capacity accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:" And the many evil features are listed.

Repeat, "a detachable magazine and one or more of

I don't think semi-auto .22's are included in "the ban" as I've read it. Centerfire is specifically mentioned. At the WAC show, their notice said semi-auto .22's were okay for sale and purchase. They are still covered under I-1639, however, and subject to those transfer rules.

That's another limiting factor about buying at the gun show. If it's a handgun or semi auto rifle (that is still allowed), you have the wait time. Which might involve a dealer that is some distance away. Or necessitate another rendezvous at the gun show, another one or two month wait. This is just a nuisance for legit buyers.

For the time being. Then in 2024, we have that law coming into effect that causes a wait time for ALL firearm transactions.
So ARs with CMMG 22lr kit are good to go except for I1639 restrictions?

So ARs with CMMG 22lr kit are good to go except for I1639 restrictions?

Probably not given how readily one could convert it.
Here is a section from the bill that may answer the question:

"(iii) A conversion kit, part, or combination of parts, from which an assault weapon can be assembled or from which a firearm can be converted into an assault weapon if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;"

However, there are tons of .22 LR factory-built AR rifles that you can buy. Since they aren't centerfire, it would seem that they are legal.

Is it legal to sell semi auto 22 rifle parts? Like marlin 60 parts
I haven't read the most recent stuff but it was my understanding that only .22lr simi-autos with tube magazines were exempt.

I believe the 10/22's are a no go now as with any AR pattern rifle in .22lr.

I've been wrong before and will be again so don't quote me on it.

The definition of "semi automatic assault rifle" from our previously passed 1639 reads as follows:

(25) "Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge. 1639 banned nothing, just implemented annoying restrictions like training and waiting periods.

Now we have the definition of an "assault weapon" in 1240 that is centerfire, and, has at least one of the following features etc.

Using their own bill language, an "assault weapon" can be a "semiautomatic assault rifle", but a "semiautomatic assault rifle" can only be an "assault weapon" if it's centerfire + features, so rimfire in any pattern, even AR with pistol grips and detachable mags and flash hiders should be perfectly unbanned.
If our overlords in OLY are implying anything .22 rimfire semi auto with assault weapon features listed in 1240 are banned, Houston we have a problem.

Last Edited:
That's the short game, and it doesn't really matter if the next subsequent generations can't "get theirs," interest wains as availability is restricted and before long, "the right" is meaningless to generations who've never grown to appreciate it.
Exactly right.

The old saying "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink" comes to mind. We can leave our collections of hunting and/or fighting guns to our heirs, but if they're unaware of (or disinterested in) the need for the 2A, it won't matter.

The politicians who are pushing for gun control didn't suddenly pop into existence - they are representative of a large and growing number of citizens who want gun control. I don't know if this trend will continue - but if it does, the 'national divorce' that I see happening will also continue. Three of my friends and acquaintances have already either moved out of Oregon or are planning to move soon.

If you want to see where all of this is headed, look at the cities like Portland, Chicago, Baltimore, etc. Then add in the growing numbers of people who truly hate the USA. Some are immigrants (legal and illegal). Some are "college graduates" who don't know if they're male or female.

I hope I'm wrong, but it looks to me like we're heading into some very, very hard times. I'm doing my best to build a sort of 'lifeboat' for my family - but it may not be enough.

These laws and restrictions are indicators of who and what our nation is becoming.

Then add in the growing numbers of people who truly hate the USA. Some are immigrants (legal and illegal). Some are "college graduates" who don't know if they're male or female.
Oh, right, the Amerika haters. Gotta watch out for those. Buckteeth.gif.

Last Edited:
Exactly right.

The old saying "You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink" comes to mind. We can leave our collections of hunting and/or fighting guns to our heirs, but if they're unaware of (or disinterested in) the need for the 2A, it won't matter.

The politicians who are pushing for gun control didn't suddenly pop into existence - they are representative of a large and growing number of citizens who want gun control. I don't know if this trend will continue - but if it does, the 'national divorce' that I see happening will also continue. Three of my friends and acquaintances have already either moved out of Oregon or are planning to move soon.

If you want to see where all of this is headed, look at the cities like Portland, Chicago, Baltimore, etc. Then add in the growing numbers of people who truly hate the USA. Some are immigrants (legal and illegal). Some are "college graduates" who don't know if they're male or female.

I hope I'm wrong, but it looks to me like we're heading into some very, very hard times. I'm doing my best to build a sort of 'lifeboat' for my family - but it may not be enough.

These laws and restrictions are indicators of who and what our nation is becoming.
Most of what you point out I agree with, except, we are not powerless and yes the struggle will be hard. Most struggles are.

Obama was scared to push the line. We gave up so much ground in the meantime, not only are they openly doing gun registrations and confiscation there are open assaults on our children.

A conservative leaning (not just Republicans, moderates or openly conservative) population is afraid to challenge the new status quo with nothing or very little to show for it. My compromising days are behind me. Not that I agreed with any proposals I can think of. But I'm am no longer pressured into agreeing we should compromise.

I did see how the 2020 Trump rallies and support really shook them into mental breakdowns. I saw 20 mile rolling rallies on I-5 from the 217 to Woodburn Outlets exit. It doesn't have to be for Trump per se, but that single focus and unbreakable drive sends them shaking.

If we could partners with real God fearing churches and other like minded groups, it's already proven that the numbers do exist in Oregon. We just don't pull together. Yet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top