JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In this state I am kind of surprised the shows have survived at all. The newest blow will be next year when all sales have that stupid 10 day wait. After that seems like few will want to bother with looking for a gun at a show since the shop would have to hold it for the wait. Guess maybe make a good place to see several shops inventory to fondle in one place assuming people even bother to set at them after that point? I quit bothering long ago as all I eve seemed to see was prices way too damn high and junk.

I haven't been to a gun show in...

Oh, maybe a decade?

They just have not been worth it?
I suppose one of these days when one falls on a day I have some time I should go see one of them the place here has at the fair grounds. Just to see what the hell they are doing these days. I have not been to one since Clinton was in office and that one I only went to trade some mags I did not need for some I did. Maybe something is going on if people keep going here?? Suspect I will walk out feeling I wasted money but what the hell, maybe give it another shot.

I suppose one of these days when one falls on a day I have some time I should go see one of them the place here has at the fair grounds. Just to see what the hell they are doing these days. I have not been to one since Clinton was in office and that one I only went to trade some mags I did not need for some I did. Maybe something is going on if people keep going here?? Suspect I will walk out feeling I wasted money but what the hell, maybe give it another shot.
I used to go to most of the WAC shows in Puyallup or Monroe, but that tapered off about 15 years ago. I went to one or two Portland shows at the Expo after I moved here (2011-2012) - but I don't recall going to any since.

Last gun show I recall going to was 2007. My better half went to some, though not many, after that and say she still likes them. I can't say I even remotely miss such events, but to each their own.

That aside, good news if a grossly unconstitutional law is flushed. :)

Gun shows used to be a good place to find rare and unusual stuff. There were lots of vendors there, including collectors with some of the less common non-store FFL types or even avid hobbyist that did not do enough volume/profit for the ATF to require them to have an FFL. The ATF redefinition of what is required for an FFL killed most of the small time vendors on both sides of that line. Nowadays most of my local gun shows are barren, with only a handful of regular FFL types and basically zero other vendors. The inventory issues that have been plaguing the industry mean that even those vendors have nothing interesting to look at. Not even worth the trip out, and the fairgrounds where they are held is only 15 min from me.

They are good for new or interested firt timers to see what's available and get exposed to the culture. I've come across some deals in the, just under $500 range for pistols. Some CZs and Sigs.

Newbies can see the accessories, training aides and survival jerky. You can meet some nice people and cantankerous old guys at the booths. My wife met a nice woman selling knives and likes to deal with her.

Guns shows serve a purpose to a community. There are more dangerous people in strip clubs and bars to worry about. And more illegal guns there.

Gun shows used to be a good place to find rare and unusual stuff. There were lots of vendors there, including collectors with some of the less common non-store FFL types or even avid hobbyist that did not do enough volume/profit for the ATF to require them to have an FFL. The ATF redefinition of what is required for an FFL killed most of the small time vendors on both sides of that line. Nowadays most of my local gun shows are barren, with only a handful of regular FFL types and basically zero other vendors. The inventory issues that have been plaguing the industry mean that even those vendors have nothing interesting to look at. Not even worth the trip out, and the fairgrounds where they are held is only 15 min from me.
None of the Gun shows I go to have this problem. It must be a north Oregon/Washington thing. The last gun show I attended had 180 tables with only 7 that were brick and mortar FFL types. The rest were small collectors/hobbyists with quite a few people selling estate sale stuff as well. Even the Big Reno gun show has more Private sales tables than large Gun store type FFL tables and that show has well over 1,500 tables. There are still many great deals to be had, but it seems that many people just got burnt out on the gun shows of the 00's when there was a glut of non firearms related items. Not that way down south anymore.

None of the Gun shows I go to have this problem. It must be a north Oregon/Washington thing. The last gun show I attended had 180 tables with only 7 that were brick and mortar FFL types. The rest were small collectors/hobbyists with quite a few people selling estate sale stuff as well. Even the Big Reno gun show has more Private sales tables than large Gun store type FFL tables and that show has well over 1,500 tables. There are still many great deals to be had, but it seems that many people just got burnt out on the gun shows of the 00's when there was a glut of non firearms related items. Not that way down south anymore.
I will have to get out the the one the WAC puts on here every so often just to see if things have changed. At least then will see if things improved. If nothing else take the Wife and have a meal around there :D

I go to the Saint Helens shows - its ran by Hellar Tactical. Hellar has done most of my transfers. I will support them best I can. I will go out of my way not to support Rose City Gun Collectors
They pissed me off when they stopped having shows out here.

Went to the most recent gun show they had locally. There were, I swear, about a dozen firearms total and they were either overpriced ARs or granddad's hunting rifle. Plenty of jerky knives and jewelry though. Oh and PUPPIES.

Went to the most recent gun show they had locally. There were, I swear, about a dozen firearms total and they were either overpriced ARs or granddad's hunting rifle. Plenty of jerky knives and jewelry though. Oh and PUPPIES.
The big gun shows in Phoenix also have bed sheets & china plates & dishes. There were lots of revenge purchases made by frustrated housewives/girlfriends

In Oregon, SB941 literally killed the gun shows IMO. By requiring bg checks and FFL transfers for private sales off premises, it drove potential sellers and buyers away. There was already law that said buyers had to do BG checks at the gun shows on premises for purchases even if private or from FFLs. The State did provide the bg check paperwork to vendors but.. the majority of vendors since then have been either FFLs(pawn shops/gun shops), collectors with collections of high priced firearms, knife sellers, or random resale/flea market sellers of holsters, sheaths, belts, things of that nature... or shops hawking wares tangentially related to defense carry.. in addition to the usual "exotic but not that exotic" Jerky and survival vendors

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top