JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is a fudd?
It is a derogatory term used for people who own guns and likely hunt but are not Edgelords like the people whom call them that. Generally if one is not ranting and raving all the time about how they are going to be put in a camp by an imaginary government because they think free-er thoughts than the rest of us, and how everything in the universe is a slight against them, one is a fudd.
Sounds like a fudd's definition of "fudd".

What is a fudd?
It is a reference to Elmer Fudd in the Warner Brothers cartoon who hunted Bugs Bunny...
A derogatory term generally aimed at older firearm owners viewed as not strongly 2A enough by the person making the comment. Can also be directed towards someone who has not embraced newer technology like red dot sights, lights on their firearms, appendix holsters, etc...
The equivalent of MAGA supporters referring to long-term Republicans as a Rhino.

And what , pray tell, is an edgelord?
Basically, how "edgy" one presumes themselves to be.

Urban Dictionary ===>>> https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=edgelord

Or a graphic is helpful...

Edgelord.jpg

Regrading the question of "real " gun shows in Washington...

Well that would depend on your definition of "real".

The requirement of a BGC for private sales really put a damper for my enjoyment of gun shows.
The added fee of 30 odd bucks to a firearm purchase or trade...can make or break a purchase or trade.
Especially if the firearm in question is of a low dollar amount of worth or a fixer upper special.

" Luckily " the local gun shows have a FFL there..so it is not a hassle to find a FFL willing to conduct a transfer...and unlike the closet FFL to me that does do transfers...they don't charge $50 for doing so.

Before the Magazine Ban and the "Separate but Equal " Semi Auto ban ...
Guns shows , at least the local ones...seemed to be filled with AR type of rifles and parts...
With a smattering of other firearms...
That said...the above wasn't always true in every case.

Now this is not to say that I am in favor of bans and restrictions of magazines or firearms of any type...
'Cause I ain't.
I am saying that at one time...many local shows , had more of certain types of firearms and parts , than others.
And I understand the why of that....folks want to buy , sell and trade what is popular and in demand.

In any event...the newest firearm laws here in Washington , haven't done any favors for gun shows or gun owners.
Are the shows "real"...sure as in they are gun shows...but they are a shadow of what they once were...

What the firearm laws have done is :
Made more folks into "criminals" through non-compliance of the firearm laws....new , not so new and old.
Andy

That's the short game, and it doesn't really matter if the next subsequent generations can't "get theirs," interest wains as availability is restricted and before long, "the right" is meaningless to generations who've never grown to appreciate it.
This is the goal. I scream this at every "do not comply" boomer out there when they point to low compliance rates in various places across the country.

Your compliance is not required, they dont want you. As with everything, they want your kids.
This is why they do it, along with laws blocking 18-21yr olds from buying.

Its to kill the culture.

This is the goal. I scream this at every "do not comply" boomer out there when they point to low compliance rates in various places across the country.

Your compliance is not required, they dont want you. As with everything, they want your kids.
This is why they do it, along with laws blocking 18-21yr olds from buying.

Its to kill the culture.
Same way they peddle marxism.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany