JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
National news said Gabby Giffords and her husband are starting a gun control PAC.

She doesn't represent anyone in Arizona anymore but she will garner a fair amount of sympathy and probably be touted by Obama and his friends as another convincing reason to push his agenda.

Many people are prone to supporting emotion-driven efforts to create a perfect world. Calm and well-reasoned explanations and facts are needed to put things back into proper perspective. People pushing for more "controls" like nothing better than to goad 2A supporters into wild or angry tyrades so they can portray them as extremists.

In today's military, for the most part you don't rise to the top without being a ticket puncher and/or towing the political line. Most groundpounders will tell you that. That's why most mustangs never make it past Colonel and we have so few Pattons and Pershings anymore.

OR

They've got something on this guy and now they are calling in the chips.

Keith

Having served six years in the US Marine Corps and five in the National Guard, I agree. Especially in regards to the US Army. I respect the General's service, but have no respect whatsoever for his lack of regard for the US Constitution.

How the hell this ended up in the General Discussion ? This is gun politics!

Let's face it. Grunt's get the bubblegum done. There's only two officer's I would follow into hell, General Mattis and Ret. Colonel Jeffrey Powers. A legend in his time. McCrystal, ha......puppet.

I don't trust my car mechanic to do a root canal, no matter how good of a mechanic he is. Any person you may absolutely trust in one context just may not be qualified for a number of other things.

Let's face it. Grunt's get the bubblegum done. There's only two officer's I would follow into hell, General Mattis and Ret. Colonel Jeffrey Powers. A legend in his time. McCrystal, ha......puppet.

Mattis is a tough old bubblegumer. He was one of two Marine Officers that made me want to get my degree and go back in as a mustang.

What boggles my mind is that antis think we are all bubblegumin stupid hicks and that if they buy a gun we'll all just agree with whatever they say.

The clouded mind of a liberal anti-gun politician:

"Well I'm pro 2nd amendment! I went down and bought a shooter thingy from the guy earlier today!"

"Really? What kind of gun is it?"

"It's silvery and shoots bullets but, it doesn't have any high capacity machine clips because those are evil and it might mercilessly slaughter children..."

"That makes no frackin sense at all..."

"It means I like hunters!"

I did 3 deployment's. You figure out real quick like what a confident, outstanding leader is whom will forgo themselves to bring you and everyone else back, before themselves. Self-sacrifice, duty, conviction..

An officer is breed to be a jack of all trades. They don't stay in their original career field if they wish to advance in Rank. Most stay for 4 to 6, after that is where you see real leader's, for the most part. By the rank appointed "General", he better be able to fix your car and pull your teeth at the same time. He is responsible to make it happen with no excuses. They delegate their authority, like what was done to them as a "butter bar" and so forth.

This "puppet" believes that civilians are nasty creatures, incompetent to know how to "safely" use a CIVILIAN version of a military characteristic in shape,size and color, weapon system. A battle rifle. The rifle you have that you might hunt game with to him, is NO different than what I was deployed with. Even thoughnthe ONLY REAL difference is, what the shooter behind the trigger is extending to shoot or even possibly kill.

Now tell me, what "kill's" worse with being hit with 3 round's. A .223 from a Bushmaster or a .30 .30 from a Marlin? Dead is dead, no matter from what round or weapon used.

You just don't "know" officer's and their responsibility to their people AFTER they have retired. It never changes, if their worth a damn from the start, it's to the people they swore an oath to protect...that they will countinue to have the right to protect themselves. That the government shall not be stronger then it's people THEY work for.

What did your first statement have to do with the topic? It was just like mine, an opinion presented.

S/F

She was shot in a head - it's brain damage.

All joking aside. One has to wonder if her cognitive abilities were effected by the damage and she's just being used by someone who's pulling her strings.

I have a daughter with serious brain damage due to unavoidable surgery, very similar to what Giffords would have suffered. It's obvious to me that Giffords can barely function and is being coached in every public appearance in all her actions. It looks to me like mostly there's nobody home there anymore. She's just being used.

Last I checked, being a 3 Star General didn't give you the right to overstep the Constitution and set up your own military state of unarmed peasants and heavily armed soldiers. As much as I respect our generals, I also fear them.. Hence, why our intelligent Founding Fathers, who also served generals they both respected (at one time) and feared (as events progressed) decided to implement a 2nd Amendment to defend themselves from bureaucratic tyranny. Good thinking Founding Fathers! Too bad the tyrants are working hard now to undo all those dang laws you made, which is making their road to authoritarian rule much harder! However, they are trying hard..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top