JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Filled my tank on the way home. Grabbed three cans of Copenhagen and two cases of beer. Have two gallons of whiskey, plenty of food and lots of ammo to feed the beasts if needed. Bring on the idiots and the mayhem!!!

the gas station down the road from my house was lined up so i filled up on my way to visit my parents near silverton where there was 2 other cars fillin up

Just consider this dress rehearsal for the real SHTF/Armageddon situation.

I plan to, by staying home at my BOL and not going out.

Most of the people at work plan on doing the same thing to avoid the traffic.

I don't think it will be bad in the morning - probably most people will be where they want to be - but after the eclipse is done, then the roads will be a mess everywhere for quite a while.[/SIZE]

I cannot confirm it, but was told the one gas station in Terrebonne is out of gas. I sure hope residents in that area were paying attention and prepared ahead of time.
I am pretty sure most of them are. Most people have big diesel and gas tanks that they can fill up from for their farm equipment. I know my aunt and uncle do, right about 1000 gallons of diesel and about 500 gallons of regular gas.

They are most likely heading out to Prairie City in the Ochoco Forest... a private 55,000 acre ranch.

IMG_4458.JPG

....uhh, Clark? The $hitr is full

I think watching what people do is going to be more interesting than the eclipse itself.
Yeah. My parents are going up to our vacation house in Washington but since my dad is a CDDA he gets called every time something related to the 3 units he supervises happens. His phone is already ringing 4-5 times a day.

They are most likely heading out to Prairie City in the Ochoco Forest... a private 55,000 acre ranch.

View attachment 384684

....uhh, Clark? The $hitr is full

Saw that picture today too. I think some guy has owned all that ground for a long time. Set in up in an LLC, years ago and decided to have a blow out party and put a couple million in the bank for himself. Then close/ bankrupt the LLC and walk away from the mess with the cash.

Tested out the solar filter I built for my DSLR using some black-silver solar filter material and cardboard. Looks like it should be perfectly functional to try and capture the event as it happens. Not bad for a simple at-home build. This is full sun at about 5:00pm today.

IMG_8752a1.jpg

Last Edited:
Tom Petty puts on a great show !!

Yes he does. I have seen him 4 times, couple back in the early days and about 10 years ago and in 2014 in Portland. He has put together one of the best backing bands in the business. Those guys are some of the best musicians you will ever see. The whole band is so tight and on the spot it is unbelievable. I have met Scott Thurston a couple times, he is from Medford and I ran into him at the store there once and again at a local nightspot a few years back. When I was comatose in the hospital 6 years ago, my son put my mP3 player on me and somehow I was able to pickup every chord progression and run on most of Pettys songs, and to this day can play them well, while stumbling on others.

I am spending the money to see these guys live because the show they put on is so good, and face it at 65 plus for Tom they are not going to tour that hard anymore. Going right back to Seattle in September to see The Eagles and The Doobie Bros, and then George Strait in Vegas in December. YOLO.

Yes he does. I have seen him 4 times, couple back in the early days and about 10 years ago and in 2014 in Portland. He has put together one of the best backing bands in the business. Those guys are some of the best musicians you will ever see. The whole band is so tight and on the spot it is unbelievable. I have met Scott Thurston a couple times, he is from Medford and I ran into him at the store there once and again at a local nightspot a few years back. When I was comatose in the hospital 6 years ago, my son put my mP3 player on me and somehow I was able to pickup every chord progression and run on most of Pettys songs, and to this day can play them well, while stumbling on others.

I am spending the money to see these guys live because the show they put on is so good, and face it at 65 plus for Tom they are not going to tour that hard anymore. Going right back to Seattle in September to see The Eagles and The Doobie Bros, and then George Strait in Vegas in December. YOLO.

That is exactly the same reason we decided to go all in this year going to as many shows as we can afford.
I'm starting a thread to get us off this thread hijack.;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top