JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know this may sound a little crazy but this thought has come across my mind.

What if Kim Jong-un decided to attack on the Eclipse? Oregon is one of the the places he can supposedly reach with a missle. With all the people coming to Oregon it seems like it would be the perfect opportunity for an attack.

I know this may sound a little crazy but this thought has come across my mind.

What if Kim Jong-un decided to attack on the Eclipse? Oregon is one of the the places he can supposedly reach with a missle. With all the people coming to Oregon it seems like it would be the perfect opportunity for an attack.

Our local infrastructure may be diminished but I can fairly well say that our military has no such impediment;).

No surprise. I think the high volume stations get deliveries daily around here, and that's normal times.

No worries, as we have enough stabilized gasoline put up for 1 refill. Was thinking on getting a few more cans, but am thinking more on getting an old diesel 1 ton or 3/4 ton pickup. Maybe a suburban...

Diesel is much safer and easier to put up as well. When I was a kid, my dad used to put diesel up in cardboard boxed plastic 5 gal cubes originally meant for laboratory grade water & saline. He'd pick them up free from where he worked...as can I.

If the tankers are stuck on 26. No gas or supply will get through

No disrespect intended, but aside from what is being fed to us via the media, do you know this to be true...that NorK can hit the mainland?

I am not the only person who is looking behind all the rhetoric to see there is one rebellious nation yet to come under the control of the world banking system. And for that reason our ships loiter off his coast in an attempt to provoke while the media and our leaders wage a war of words and propoganda.

All the while our B2 Spirit bombers sit on Guam fully capable of neutralizing NorK in short order.

After working I 5 yesterday and also monitoring odot cams I have come to this theory. Traffic will probably be great until Tuesday.

Friday traffic was like Saturday. I never get out of 205 that easy on a Friday. With all the roads closing, I think it might be acting like a buffer as to what i5 is receiving. I don't know. I was hoping most people would already be where they need to be. It's possible they are. As we get closer to Monday it's self, it's just doesn't make sense for people to show up late to something happening at 10 something in the morning. North bound out of Albany at 15:00-16:00 was backed up a ways. Accident maybe. I don't know. So far everything is looking good until Tuesday imo.

After working I 5 yesterday and also monitoring odot cams I have come to this theory. Traffic will probably be great until Tuesday.

Friday traffic was like Saturday. I never get out of 205 that easy on a Friday. With all the roads closing, I think it might be acting like a buffer as to what i5 is receiving. I don't know. I was hoping most people would already be where they need to be. It's possible they are. As we get closer to Monday it's self, it's just doesn't make sense for people to show up late to something happening at 10 something in the morning. North bound out of Albany at 15:00-16:00 was backed up a ways. Accident maybe. I don't know. So far everything is looking good until Tuesday imo.

I figure every one coming through PDX has to have had reservations somewhere. SPENDY reservations! They wouldn't be coming in until Sat night or Sun afternoon considering what they are paying per night. I figure that's when the traffic will get to the worst. And then again after, on Tuesday morning, or maybe all day Tuesday.

I'ma just hoping we don't burn the entire Oregon high country desert because of this BS! Just figure all the folks that will pull of the road at the perfect time, in 8" tall dry grass, with those hot catalytic converters?

I figure every one coming through PDX has to have had reservations somewhere. SPENDY reservations! They wouldn't be coming in until Sat night or Sun afternoon considering what they are paying per night. I figure that's when the traffic will get to the worst. And then again after, on Tuesday morning, or maybe all day Tuesday.

I'ma just hoping we don't burn the entire Oregon high country desert because of this BS! Just figure all the folks that will pull of the road at the perfect time, in 8" tall dry grass, with those hot catalytic converters?
You're right about the per night prices. That's concerning.

OK! I've been thinking of this whole, "disappearing sun, corona watching, millennial freak fest!" as a big joke! Now that I've been reading this darned thread I'm starting to freak out myself! I'm sitting in my chair, checking my M1-A, loading its last empty magazine and thinking about oxygen, water and supplies! :(

OK, OK, I'm fine! :) I just enjoy sitting in my chair, fondling my M1-A and loading magazines! Thinking about oxygen, water and supplies! ;) So sue me!!!

You da man.

Would you trust a Harbor Freight instant dark welding helmet?
I heard on the radio yesterday, it's not so much the suns brightness, but all the other spectrum's of radiation that can do irreparable harm to your retinas.

The worst traffic will be after it is all over and everybody wants to go home.

There will be those who are packed up and ready to go the minute it is over. Then those who follow not long after. Then there will be those in the following hours who at some point decide that they waited long enough for traffic to clear and they will head out. There will also be those who sit around much of the day continuing to party who will get on the road mid-afternoon to evening, and there will be some drunk driving resulting in accidents.

So while I don't anticipate bad traffic in the morning commute, from mid morning into the evening I think it will be a mess. Most of my office have said they will work from home that day to avoid it, including myself. Even the cleaning crew and others have just said they will wait it out.

It will be interesting to see what happens Monday. I am just a bit north of the path of totality, but for me this isn't anything super special, certainly not worth taking time off (for which I would not get paid) and traveling through the mess of traffic to watch. I will step outside for a bit, but I don't have glasses so I will just watch the sun later online.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top