JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I booked a vacation day for Monday, figured I'd share the eclipse with the family, take the pup to get her sutures out, then pack up and head to the woods for a little target practice... That was the plan until this morning...

Now my wife informs me she wants to experience the eclipse from within the path of totality...

May try to make it to the Evergreen Museum in McMinnville, via the back roads from Hillsburrito....

Woe is me...

I booked a vacation day for Monday, figured I'd share the eclipse with the family, take the pup to get her sutures out, then pack up and head to the woods for a little target practice... That was the plan until this morning...

Now my wife informs me she wants to experience the eclipse from within the path of totality...

May try to make it to the Evergreen Museum in McMinnville, via the back roads from Hillsburrito....

Woe is me...

Good luck with that little adventure! You couldn't pay me to drive anywhere on Monday. If my wife wanted to go I would probably ask her to sign over papers to the house and tell her to have fun. :D

I just stopped at Subway in my little town of 890. Employee told me that schools will be closed. They hadn't decided yet whether they'll stay open or not. I haven't heard any other local businesses say they'd be closed. Can't say I've noticed an increase in traffic yet. There are 2 major junctions within a couple miles of town so there's always RV traffic rolling through.

Had to go to Salem for an annual VA Med; came home....fought my way home via Newbergistan...East bound traffic worse than usual.

Gonna stay outta town until Tuesday; monitor ham repeaters: 529er, MT Hood, and KGW, monitor scanner, and the AmRRON freq on the PL600.

Bend is about normal right now - actually maybe a touch less traffic than normal - I think maybe the first BIG wave has passed through for the festivities in Prineville. Albertson's was about normal.

I have some things coming from Amazon and the 2 day delivery is not happening, should be over hte next 5 days I would think.
I had some 14 shade lenses that I was buying for the eclipse on order from Amazon that was originally scheduled arrival for tomorrow. Note yesterday I had a "new" scheduled arrival date of the 22nd. I canceled the order

I'm pretty sure I'm going north up thru Longview out to Astoria and then a little south from there. I know I'm headed home that way.

I'm hopeing that will avoid too big backups like further south.

I'd cancel it but this is the first little day vacation we have been able to swing in a lot of years and we have put it off twice cuz 'life' and the kid goes back to college on Monday so Sat is pretty much the day of no return - I won't be out and about Sunday or Monday unless it's west Vancouver.

Taking rations and equipment to plan for the worst but will hope for the best:D

I'm pretty sure I'm going north up thru Longview out to Astoria and then a little south from there. I know I'm headed home that way.

I'm hopeing that will avoid too big backups like further south.

I'd cancel it but this is the first little day vacation we have been able to swing in a lot of years and we have put it off twice cuz 'life' and the kid goes back to college on Monday so Sat is pretty much the day of no return - I won't be out and about Sunday or Monday unless it's west Vancouver.

Taking rations and equipment to plan for the worst but will hope for the best:D

101 is going to be a zoo. The cops are going to ticket anyone stopped at the side of the road.
Just trying to move through Garibaldi on Garibaldi days is a nightmare. If the whole of 101 is like that I shudder to think of your chances to get out of the gridlock.

Best chance is to move at night when most of the tourists are sleeping.

101 is going to be a zoo. The cops are going to ticket anyone stopped at the side of the road.
Just trying to move through Garibaldi on Garibaldi days is a nightmare. If the whole of 101 is like that I shudder to think of your chances to get out of the gridlock.

Best chance is to move at night when most of the tourists are sleeping.

Think it'll be that bad on Saturday? We aren't staying overnight.

AR still isn't finished!:oops:

I have an SKS but like it so much I'm not taking it with me.

Shotgun or 22 might be my options.

I'll bring something though! As well as 2 pistols;)p

Joe if your driving your wifes explorer you might be better off bringing a couple cans of gas with you. no muss no fuss. pull over pour it in and your back on the road. Be safe brother I'm sure there will be idiots all over.

but it only takes one idiot to screw it all up on a two lane highway

And by my very careful calculations, over many years, I have concluded that at any given time, in the city of Portland, 1 in 5 drivers are one of those idiots, morons, inconsiderates, etc. Granted we're not talking Portland here, but?.....

Sucks to live in Central this next week huh?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top