JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The post-ecliptic apocalypse...

US97_at_Ogden_Wayside_N_pid2643.jpg

Last Edited:
When oh when will we a have some millennium, hippy chrystal, mothership coming, Y2K, spirit guide, total eclipse event that ends in a flaming, tsunami waveing, volcano spewing, you get the ammo, I'll get the guns, apocalyptic, disastrous, Satan is here, betsh slap for humanity! I've been waiting patiently since 1965!!! :( Sigh!!!

IMG_1169.JPG

Last Edited:
screw this. java crew is closed today... ive waited long enough... im goin out.

went to dutch brothers... for the small-ish town i live in there is a CRAPLOAD of people tryin to get to I5. tried driving my kid to sleep on my normal route(passed wheatland ferry and do the loop) Mission accomplished but there was a lot of people and traffic( which on a backcountry road there never is traffic and I mean never) was backed up pretty far so I turned around.

going home with my coffee now

went to dutch brothers... for the small-ish town i live in there is a CRAPLOAD of people tryin to get to I5. tried driving my kid to sleep on my normal route(passed wheatland ferry and do the loop) Mission accomplished but there was a lot of people and traffic( which on a backcountry road there never is traffic and I mean never) was backed up pretty far so I turned around.

quit driving and typing!! :D

The idiots are flying past my location trying to get past L.A. Pine, Rt 97 south bound has a 20min-2hr delay. Gravel road out front....sheriff cruiser just went past.

Foreverlost,

From 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., I drove south from downtown PDX to Salem, exit in Highway 22 traffic on I-5 Northbound is bumper to bumper over 90% of the way from The Market Street exit in Salem, all the way up to I-205. Side roads along the way are also choked up, as well as many of the East-West roads on Bridges crossing over I-5.

yeah, it appears people finally discovered river road - or they were locals who knew about it already and the non-locals did not. or someone followed someone who did know and the rest of the herd followed too. but early on river road was clear for a while. my bet is on locals knowing and non-locals not.

Interesting watching the travel patterns. In a SHTF situation, depending on the scenario, I would bet the main routes would clog up first, then the known alternatives, then the lesser known alternatives.

One thing I did not anticipate. Apparently Madras airport is clogged with private small planes that flew in and are flying out now. I did notice more planes today when I was outside watching the eclipse - I am under a flight path from Hillsboro to Salem - then it quieted down as totality arrived, and less afterwards. So I assume some percentage of that was watchers going south - most seemed to be going south. I guess there were events at airports for watching.

So yeah, if the weather is okay and you know someone with a plane willing to fly you out of danger, maybe that would be a good way to bug out.

yeah, it appears people finally discovered river road - or they were locals who knew about it already and the non-locals did not. or someone followed someone who did know and the rest of the herd followed too. but early on river road was clear for a while. my bet is on locals knowing and non-locals not.

Interesting watching the travel patterns. In a SHTF situation, depending on the scenario, I would bet the main routes would clog up first, then the known alternatives, then the lesser known alternatives.

One thing I did not anticipate. Apparently Madras airport is clogged with private small planes that flew in and are flying out now. I did notice more planes today when I was outside watching the eclipse - I am under a flight path from Hillsboro to Salem - then it quieted down as totality arrived, and less afterwards. So I assume some percentage of that was watchers going south - most seemed to be going south. I guess there were events at airports for watching.
yeah no kiddin! there were planes all over the skies today. neighbors hd their drones up in the air too

Yep - just came back from LaPine - bumper to bumper heading South - and Huntington is backed up as far as I could see from Burgess.
............with luck the local county mounties have blocked off the residential streets and are keeping traffic on Huntington thru Burgess and back on to Rt97. Just no way to get past a one horse town

Foreverlost,

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads