JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's awesome guys! In '79 I was at work and we just walked out for the duration.
I did step out and saw it today. It got dark, it got light! :D

Last Edited:
Photos from my wife and kid in different places:

IMG_1891.JPG IMG_1895.JPG IMG_1896.JPG IMG_1897.JPG

We just went to the local community college(the prestigious Lower Columbia College...my alma matter). they had a neat little presentation and handed out free glasses so we didn't have to split two pair between the four of us. They also had a couple filtered telescopes set up.
Then we watched from the parking lot with eclipse themed music playing on the stereo..
Bonny Tyler: total eclipse of the hear, Soundgarden: blackhole sun, and of course Pink Floyd: Eclipse.
My daughter, badly sprained ankle and all, decided to climb on top of the jeep for a better view. Good times.:s0155:

IMG_0494.JPG
Ya I know, I need to wash the Jeep...

1979, mrblond!

Guy on TV in Madras said people were hitting the road half way through totality! Google showed the green roads red within five minutes of the end of totality!

We've gone from the total eclipse of the sun to the total eclipse of the roads! :D

That was fabulous! I started watching from the yard about 9:30am with both cutting goggles and welding helmet... loved how the air temp didn't change but skin got cooler. Shadows disappeared and twilight happened. Took my headgear and goggles off and the neighborhood looked neat with all the streetlights coming on. :D

Now I'm watching the road show on TV and enjoying a Henry Wienhard... it must be 5pm somewhere. LOL

1979, mrblond!

Guy on TV in Madras said people were hitting the road half way through totality! Google showed the green roads red within five minutes of the end of totality!

We've gone from the total eclipse of the sun to the total eclipse of the roads! :D

Yup - Madras are, south and north is red now. Almost everything going north is red - although there are some roads like river road that they are missing while I can see some are taking detours like they have no clue where the road goes. Not bad off the main roads - yet, but all the regular main routes northbound are red. They are getting into Tualatin now, only a matter of time for PDX.

I don't see much if anything coming in from the coast. Maybe people out there are just sticking around and enjoying the beach for a while?

Wife texted to say I'm the hero of the med center where she works-I sent one of my welding hoods with her this morning. All the nurses are taking turns watching it now. I've got the DiL and her kids out on the porch with another hood and cutting glasses.

I had cutting glasses under the hood... was perfect, stared as long as I wanted. Wife even came out for a bit. My daughter in Bentonville just passed totality a minute ago.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top