JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If they do that, you can pay no gas tax. They will need to caculate your milage...so there are a couple wires you can add a swtich to...to turn off your power to your dash and it will not record milage. I doubt they will be able to attach something to your car to monitor your driving.
Well that's what they want to do they are testing it as we speak

You live in Auburn I see so you know the 405 toll lanes have done nothing to solve the traffic problems but they keep them there to collect money

They are pushing more and more taxes on us that DRIVE cars to pay for mass transit up here is Seattle they are trying to make every road a toll road they want to put a tracking device in every car to make you pay for every mile you drive

Portland will be adding tolls to existing roads as soon as next year presumably yo pay for road maintenance even though Portlanders already pay for such (gets used for other purposes) and also to discourage private vehicles. Hope I'm outta Oregon before that happens. I absolutely refuse to use those roads once it goes into effect and too bad for the businesses that will be impacted.

my auto ins. co years back wanted to add a tracking device that 'would record mileage driven' and they would give a discounted ins. rate....sure.....that's all it does....

Portland will be adding tolls to existing roads as soon as next year presumably yo pay for road maintenance even though Portlanders already pay for such (gets used for other purposes) and also to discourage private vehicles. Hope I'm outta Oregon before that happens. I absolutely refuse to use those roads once it goes into effect and too bad for the businesses that will be impacted.
I know they have them back east also and I heard the other day the toll on road going into DC from Virginia was 30 bucks that's are future remember they said the 405 toll will be max at 10 buck but it will never get that high mmmmm geuss what it's 10 bucks every morning and every afternoon and now they want to raise it

If they do that, you can pay no gas tax. They will need to caculate your milage...so there are a couple wires you can add a swtich to...to turn off your power to your dash and it will not record milage. I doubt they will be able to attach something to your car to monitor your driving.

They already have the tech to do this. People use them all the time here for toll roads and bridges. I have them on all my vehicles. When they pass the pay by the mile they will just make the transponders part of the vehicle license. They will then of course have people licensing cars in other states but they already have this going on. That is something people have done as long as I have been alive. Local Governments have various ways to deal with this and they will do the same with this. Send out enforcement to catch those doing this. Then make the fine so high that it will get a vast majority to comply.

I know they have them back east also and I heard the other day the toll on road going into DC from Virginia was 30 bucks that's are future remember they said the 405 toll will be max at 10 buck but it will never get that high mmmmm geuss what it's 10 bucks every morning and every afternoon and now they want to raise it
It's all in what the voters will allow. Until enough of them get mad you can't blame the politicians. They do what people who put them in office allow.

I drive the 405 to get work I only get in the toll lane if I have to and only when it's like 50cents but I have the advantage of driving in none peak hours

I live in Anacortes but I work out of Sumner so I drive down twice a week and back home twice a week 436 miles a week that's just to get to work and get home lol worth every mile I used to live in Tacoma I don't go to Tacoma unless I have to lol

Let the free market run then and allow the company to privitize routes or tracks. I am 100% sure that this would raise the prices of tickets but why should americans be forced to subsidize someone elses commute.

I am pretty sure train tracks are private.

AMTRAK is the service / train engines / cars - that is subsidized.
One of the major complaints of train use is that most all track is for Freight - there is no money for passenger service. Highways are greatly subsidized and unlike a post, not just fuel tax - which pays only a portion of maintenance. The Trucking firms benefit greatly from that.

Of course my info could be out of date.

Hang on - it is W's fault. He spent all that money on the (fake) wars that none was spent on infrastructure.

road going into DC from Virginia was 30 bucks
Variable rate. Lowest at non-peak times about $6.75. But you go the speed limit. Some have pointed out that the toll was higher, at peak, than the Amtrak fair from Baltimore to DC.

Check out Stanley's U-tuby channel for the creative ways San Franciscans, and others in the bay area, cheat the tolls.

Let the free market run then and allow the company to privitize routes or tracks. I am 100% sure that this would raise the prices of tickets but why should americans be forced to subsidize someone elses commute.

If that is the case lets privatize the entire transportation system in the the US. No more public spending on roads, airports, or shipping and see how that works out. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. The airline, trucking and shipping industries in the US are very heavily subsidized although few know about it.

neither here nor there but the Interstate freeway system was put into place as part of our national defense and designed to allow tanks on trailers and such to travel under overpasses etc.

neither here nor there but the Interstate freeway system was put into place as part of our national defense and designed to allow tanks on trailers and such to travel under overpasses etc.

That is true. Ike as Allied Commander got to see first hand the usefulness of the German Autobahns as military supply lines for fast movement of troops, tanks and supplies in the event of war to go hand in hand with the rail network. I have read that some portions of the Autobahns were also used as for aircraft takeoff and landing strips. This is the reason he worked hard to get The Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956 passed.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top