JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I heard this on the radio then went and looked all I could think is I feel for anyone who has to drive that area today. If I was on the other side of that I would be calling off. What a mess. Will be interesting to see what they claim happened, and what we end up hearing later. Lawyers must be circling like crazy.

Kinda makes losing my driving job last week a bit less painful. My run was Clackamas to Seattle and back daily. I was on that part of I-5 twice daily.

I miss the job, but not the company's policies.

Good luck to all affected by this, and to all on the train.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

Last Edited:
Very sad event.

I saw the picture before the story headline and thought I know that bridge. I drove by it once a week for work.

Hope that those injured find a speedy recovery for this holiday season. I'm saddened for those who have loss someone so close to a happier time of the year.

WOW, I had plan to go up to Hobart today to pick up some metal ducting but my plans have changed. No biggie.
I feel so bad for all that are affected by this, sending thoughts and prayers to the families and friends.:s0058:
We can only wonder if something like this could happen to any of us at any given time.
Always let your family know that you love them, often.

Thoughts and prayers for those dead and injured and their loved ones.

I remember back when the oil tanker train derailed in the Gorge and everybody went on and on about the environmental damage, but I kept thinking "What if it was Amtrak instead of oil?". It was a blessing in disguise then because the track giving out then likely saved lives.

If you watch the news reports, they are saying that Sound Transit has been upgrading the line for high speed trains such as the one that derailed this morning.

If you look closely, you can see where the new cement rail ties end and the old ones start which is just before the curve where this all happened.

Check out KIRO 7 website, and you will see what I am talking about.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

800 million for this project.
God knows how much in medical fees, lawsuits, emergency services, and clean up.

And local govt keep pushing mass transit.

This is truly sad, heartbreaking for so many.

I would love to comment on the accident, but there's not enough info at this time.
Too much mis-information from the media.

It is much worse in Kommiefornika. They want to connect most everybody by high speed rail. All ready that boondoggle is estimated to cost over three times the original amount. But the voters down there passed it. High speed passenger trains scare me.

Unrelated maybe. Back in 1972 while in the fire academy we had to watch old black and white films made in WW2 on how to derail trains and what to look for when inspecting right of ways and track. Seems there are many nasty easy ways to derail any train. :(

Last Edited:
It is much worse in Kommiefornika. They want to connect most everybody by high speed rail. All ready that boondoggle is estimated to cost over three times the original amount. But the voters down there passed it. High speed passenger trains scare me.

Unrelated maybe. Back in 1972 while in the fire academy we had to watch old black and white films made in WW2 on how to derail trains and what to look for when inspecting right of ways and track. Seems there are many nasty easy ways to get them off the tracks. :(

This is on Utube, anyone can watch or download it. I have and sure the terrorists have also. Not that I am a terrorist.

800 million for this project.
God knows how much in medical fees, lawsuits, emergency services, and clean up.

And local govt keep pushing mass transit.

This is truly sad, heartbreaking for so many.

I would love to comment on the accident, but there's not enough info at this time.
Too much mis-information from the media.

They are playing the Lakewood Mayor's statement a while back on how this is a dumb bureaucratic project that will be horrible for the community and will get people killed due to omitted safety equipment.....

Nothing must ever stand in the way of progress! And did I hear that right, this was the first day it was 'in service'? I'm going to guess sabotage. It all just fits a little too well. Anyhow prayers for those affected.

$799,999,999 spent on the new station.... and $1 spent on the train and tracks.

The responsible bureaucrats are now going to spend many additional millions trying to discover what went wrong, blame anyone but themselves, and in the end add the word "memorial" to the station's name, redefine "high speed" as under 30 mph and declare things fixed. :mad:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top