JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nothing must ever stand in the way of progress! And did I hear that right, this was the first day it was 'in service'? I'm going to guess sabotage. It all just fits a little too well. Anyhow prayers for those affected.

Yah, heard first day of service.

I'm going to lean more towards incompetence, not of the specific operators mind you.

More of a general upper level incompetence to get some form of high speed rail system in place, without actually spending the monies on where it should have been.

Inspection & safety systems.

Yah, heard first day of service.

I'm going to lean more towards incompetence, not of the specific operators mind you.

More of a general upper level incompetence to get some form of high speed rail system in place, without actually spending the monies on where it should have been.

Inspection & safety systems.
But they had to have done test runs with passengers. Then they have a derailment on the first day?

I'm not making light of the people who died, were injured or otherwise victimized by this tragedy, but even the Simpsons parodied public officials buying into this type of ego stroking nonsense (albeit this was not a monorail) years/decades ago.
il_570xN.647434168_cf5d.jpg

Yah. There was likely 3x the monies needed to set up the appropriate systems, but beurocrats down the line likely put there hands in the pot and spent it on "girls and blow".

Just like Nancy Pelosi's husband got the California high speed rail contract (just a coincidence :rolleyes:) it makes you wonder who's spouse or relative got the contracts for this.

$799,999,999 spent on the new station.... and $1 spent on the train and tracks.

The responsible bureaucrats are now going to spend many additional millions trying to discover what went wrong, blame anyone but themselves, and in the end add the word "memorial" to the station's name, redefine "high speed" as under 30 mph and declare things fixed. :mad:

You must also consider how much $$$ went into politicians pockets.:eek: Yes, bribery runs rampant in the political workings.:mad::mad::mad:

Ask Patty Murray how she made her money!!!

<broken link removed>

I was almost on that train...

Yikes!

The past week seems like a few Bruce Willis movies.

?Invincible
&
Die Hard (the airport one), with Atlanta blacked out. (How the frak can that happen??).

--and no I don't mean to make lite of the loss of life/injuries up Wa way. Heartfelt sorrow and prayers to those lost and there families, as well as those recovering.

Reports now indicate that the train was going 80mph in a 30mph zone.

Google Maps shows a curve in the track just prior to the bridge, so if they were 167% over the speed limit then we shouldn't be surprised why the train jumped the track yesterday. Image here: Google Maps

My sister was returning home yesterday, on her birthday no less, on a train from Seattle to Portland. Her train was supposed to be the next one down the line. There were a few anxious moments while we were finding out which train was what.

I heard talk of the operator not slowing for a corner may have been the cause.

My condolences to all that lost loved ones.

Over here in Yoorup, where overspeeding into a bend caused a massive loss of life in Spain a couple of years back, this kind of incident is very rare.

In Spain, the engineer had ignored the signs, causing a horrendous high-speed derailment into a concrete retaining wall, and 79 people lost their lives.

Here in WA, you would seem, pending the investigation, that your engineer did the same thing, since there is a 30mph sign sited around half a mile downline, and another one clearly visible on the new helicopter footage that has to be less than a couple of hundred yards from the tangent/curve intersection.

The most amazing thing is that only three poor people died in this horrendous wreck - a tribute to the construction of the cars.

We are very surprised over here that the ATC system was not yet functioning, as it would be here BEFORE any fare-paying passenger planted their butts on seats. THAT is going to be the hinge of the lever that will part Amtrak from many millions of $$$$ in the wash-up to this awful event.

RIP, passengers.

tac

You must also consider how much $$$ went into politicians pockets.:eek: Yes, bribery runs rampant in the political workings.:mad::mad::mad:

Ask Patty Murray how she made her money!!!

<broken link removed>

Isn't Patty Murry a "soccer mom in tennis shoes" and the very incarnation of Jimmy Stewart in Mr Smith Goes to Washington? I'm sure she just saved up like the rest of us to be a millionaire on her Federal salary...

... or got it from Bloomberg, Soros, etc. like the rest of them.

I'm sure that's their false flag to keep from exposing their BS crap job they did.

All night they are now repeating the speed problem. That he was supposed to be going 30 and was doing 80. Now liberals are saying they needed "safety equipment". What they were wanting was some system that would override the operator and slow the damn thing. So for all the money they are paying the guy driving they are saying they can't be trusted to slow down when they are supposed to. I suspect the operator will be facing criminal charges.

All night they are now repeating the speed problem. That he was supposed to be going 30 and was doing 80. Now liberals are saying they needed "safety equipment". What they were wanting was some system that would override the operator and slow the damn thing. So for all the money they are paying the guy driving they are saying they can't be trusted to slow down when they are supposed to. I suspect the operator will be facing criminal charges.

Heard fairy early yesterday that the trains are linked to computers through GPS and that the trains with these systems cannot go above recommended speed in cases like this. The system would over ride anything the conductor was doing to slow the train to proper speed. The problem here? This route didn't have the system in place. Yet, I guess. o_O

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top