JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
as you remember, the Tacoma Mall was the location for one of the first Mass Shooting in Washington State - a kid with an AK back in 2005
That one only had one "victim". Fool who walked up and tried to take the rifle away from the kid. It was amazing he lived since the Police left him to bleed out a long time. That kid just wanted attention. I am sure he is getting plenty of that in prison.

That one only had one "victim". Fool who walked up and tried to take the rifle away from the kid. It was amazing he lived since the Police left him to bleed out a long time. That kid just wanted attention. I am sure he is getting plenty of that in prison.
5 were wounded and he took 4 hostage during the stand off
he got 163 years, now in the Supermax in Colorado
he was charged with 8 counts of first deg assault,but this was back in the old days
today the DA in Tacoma believes in alternate rehabilitation other than incarceration

5 were wounded and he took 4 hostage during the stand off
he got 163 years, now in the Supermax in Colorado
he was charged with 8 counts of first deg assault,but this was back in the old days
today the DA in Tacoma believes in alternate rehabilitation other than incarceration
We are not talking about the same mall then. The kid who bought that Chinese made AK copy and went to the Tacoma Mall was randomly shooting stuff while walking along. One idiot with a CPL saw him, said when he realized it was a "kid" he could not bring himself to shoot him. So he put his gun away, stepped out and tried to take the rifle from the kid. Kid shot him multiple times. Kid then went into one of the large stores and made a lot of demands to see some Cop who he felt had "wronged him". Kid later went to sleep and the "hostages" took control of the gun. The hostages were being told by Police to stay put, Police would not allow medics in. The hostages finally told the 911 people they were going to drag the victim out even though they were being threatened with arrest, so SWAT stormed in and brought medics. Kid was sent to one of the prisons here in WA. Short time later he tried to escape with a fellow prisoner by ramming through a fence with a forklift. The other prisoner was shot and killed, kid gave up. So there has to be some other mall shooting you are talking about. The one here at the Tacoma Mall was VERY interesting listening to the Police melt down over how to handle it.

Edit note. I think I see what the confusion is here now. Wikipedia has an article on this and whoever put the info in there decided to change a lot of the story to make it better.

Last Edited:
We are not talking about the same mall then. The kid who bought that Chinese made AK copy and went to the Tacoma Mall was randomly shooting stuff while walking along. One idiot with a CPL saw him, said when he realized it was a "kid" he could not bring himself to shoot him. So he put his gun away, stepped out and tried to take the rifle from the kid. Kid shot him multiple times. Kid then went into one of the large stores and made a lot of demands to see some Cop who he felt had "wronged him". Kid later went to sleep and the "hostages" took control of the gun. The hostages were being told by Police to stay put, Police would not allow medics in. The hostages finally told the 911 people they were going to drag the victim out even though they were being threatened with arrest, so SWAT stormed in and brought medics. Kid was sent to one of the prisons here in WA. Short time later he tried to escape with a fellow prisoner by ramming through a fence with a forklift. The other prisoner was shot and killed, kid gave up. So there has to be some other mall shooting you are talking about. The one here at the Tacoma Mall was VERY interesting listening to the Police melt down over how to handle it.
same shooting
the kid was originally sent to Washington prison, but was transferred to the Supermax due to behavior issues

Yep after I checked to see if the info was on Wiki and that's where it got "embellished". Whoever put it in Wiki took a LOT of liberty with the story. :D
I have one of the old Chinese Type 56 made by Polytec - a fine firearm
can't say about the later MAK 90 by Norinco, used by the kid in Tacoma

P1020857 003.JPG

I have one of the old Chinese Type 56 made by Polytec - a fine firearm
can't say about the later MAK 90 by Norinco, used by the kid in Tacoma

View attachment 1822340
That site is famous for that as unless its changed anyone can just put anything up until someone else edits it. When that whole thing went down I was listening to it from start to finish and it was NOT our Police in their finest hour to say the least. I did feel kind of bad for the guy who sold the scum the gun too. Back then it was legal for us to face to face. That kid showed up after seeing an ad. Showed the seller a WA CPL he had forged. Our CPL's at that time were done on heavy paper stock and were a joke at how easy it was to make a fake one. So of course after the scum did this it I suspect ruined the guy who sold him the gun. The entire thing was one giant FUBAR. The guy who is now in a wheelchair for life soon changed his story also as he realized how really dumb he had been and is now paying for the rest of his life for that choice to play hero. I do hope they never let that little 💩 out of prison. He wanted attention, he can enjoy the kind he is getting now.

One idiot with a CPL saw him, said when he realized it was a "kid" he could not bring himself to shoot him. So he put his gun away, stepped out and tried to take the rifle from the kid. Kid shot him multiple times.
I never heard that part of it.

Won't lie, I'm with the kid on that particular one. DF too stupid to realize that age doesn't matter when there's a bad guy with a gun had his own FAFO moment.

I never heard that part of it.

Won't lie, I'm with the kid on that particular one. DF too stupid to realize that age doesn't matter when there's a bad guy with a gun had his own FAFO moment.
Sadly it put the guy in a chair for life. He days later changed his story because he could see how it made him sound. Mistake he will pay for the rest of his life sadly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top