JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Ammunition Price Hikes Imminent As Commodity Prices Soar

Price hikes will begin on April 1 for Vista Outdoor ammo brands, including CCI, Federal...
Why do they always announce price hikes ahead of time but rarely announce price reductions ahead of time?

I doubt the average buyer is going to notice these increases from the manufacture as the retail sellers have already far exceeded these levels of increases. Whether these increases get passed on or not depends on whether the ammo is selling at current prices.

The one upside to price of materials, if there is one, is the brass will go up too. I have so much 9mm brass I stopped saving it a long time ago. Would police my own at the range only to give to others if one wanted it. Lately have started another bucket. May have to pile some up and sell as scrap. Get enough to take the Wife to dinner :D

Why do they always announce price hikes ahead of time but rarely announce price reductions ahead of time?

I doubt the average buyer is going to notice these increases from the manufacture as the retail sellers have already far exceeded these levels of increases. Whether these increases get passed on or not depends on whether the ammo is selling at current prices.
Sportsman's will "pass them on" never met a price increase they would not support.

Ammunition Price Hikes Imminent As Commodity Prices Soar

Price hikes will begin on April 1 for Vista Outdoor ammo brands, including CCI, Federal...
3E30BF74-2605-45E5-B3C4-A9A0397FC636.jpeg

This is simply ridiculous! :confused:
Damn loaded 9mm ammo got so cheap I stopped bothering to roll it any more. Have enough supplies that if I "had to" I could keep shooing it for years. So not wanting to leave the brass I would police most of what I dropped and hand it to others who wanted to roll. With the price scrap is going for I started another bucket. When I get a couple 5 gallon pails of the stuff will have to see what its going for and see if its worth taking it to the scrap yard.
I was for a good while buying that steel case stuff Winchester makes. It was a little cheaper. Then one day I had some MAJOR problems with some to the point I did not trust it. Sadly I had several hundreds of rounds that I had dumped from the boxes into containers so no way to know if it was from the same lot. So I tossed it all and that was the end of me buying that stuff. :mad:

Damn loaded 9mm ammo got so cheap I stopped bothering to roll it any more. Have enough supplies that if I "had to" I could keep shooing it for years. So not wanting to leave the brass I would police most of what I dropped and hand it to others who wanted to roll. With the price scrap is going for I started another bucket. When I get a couple 5 gallon pails of the stuff will have to see what its going for and see if its worth taking it to the scrap yard.
I was for a good while buying that steel case stuff Winchester makes. It was a little cheaper. Then one day I had some MAJOR problems with some to the point I did not trust it. Sadly I had several hundreds of rounds that I had dumped from the boxes into containers so no way to know if it was from the same lot. So I tossed it all and that was the end of me buying that stuff. :mad:
Load 9mm was the second cartridge I started loading, after .45acp. I didn't relate cheap from pricey. If i loaded it I was saving money is all I knew. The few places I shot outdoors became void of brass after Sandy Hook. And now, the only brass anywhere is what people miss.
If I find brass on the ground, I drop to my knees like I found gold nuggets laying around. It's a compulsion.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top