JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I couldn't believe these prices... How do people afford to shoot anymore.

We used to be able to buy a box of trap loads for $4.95!

Granted, some of these are non toxic and they do cost more, But enough is enough

20231104_122901.jpg

20231104_122908.jpg 20231104_122943.jpg 20231104_122954.jpg

It is getting to the point that people are going to have to resort to slingshots.

The $9.99 for target loads ain't bad for my area...granted I remember when they were much less...
Along with any other caliber or loading.

Yes prices are high...and yeah it makes it difficult to shoot a lot ...or get into a new caliber.
Not a surprise...prices have been shooting up for years now.
Andy

OP, did you have to blow the dust and cobwebs off to see those prices? My guess is that they will sit and sit asking that much. Dang, that is higher than Tommy Chong, LOL

Dude your preaching to the choir, I almost only shoot .22 LR/ 7.62 x 54R / though you can still get milsurp 7.62x 51 NATO for pretty cheap 77/80 cents a round, lololol if thats cheap.

That's exactly why in 2019... when shelves where overflowing everywhere and prices dipped below 2008 pricing you were supposed to buy up everything you could find by the pallet. 😁👍

These ammo scarcity/price gouging cycles are nothing at all new. People might say, "no one needs to stockpile 10's of 1000's of rounds" and think you a loon... but they sure do come in handy holding you over when the economy is in the crapper and you're unable to feed your habit hand to mouth.

Granted though. As of late the market/price recovery times have been getting shorter and shallower. Catalysts (IE., elections, world happenings, 2A attacks, etc) have been rolling in at an accelerated pace.

Last Edited:
Prices are really a mixed bag out there right now. Some stuff is cheap, some stuff isn't. I try to stick with shopping for the cheap stuff and leave the expensive stuff for the rich.

"Free" government provided health care, condoms, sex changes, food-stamps, section-8 housing, $700 hammers, and supplying gangsters who are running foreign governments with weapons and cash aren't ….. "free".

Outrageous consumer prices is how it all gets funded (in addition to printing money out of thin air).

I couldn't believe these prices... How do people afford to shoot anymore.

We used to be able to buy a box of trap loads for $4.95!
Yes I remember. Walmart had 100 packs of the crummy Winchester ammo for $15.

I used to love shooting trap. I would go out every weekend with an 870 and hold my own against $1000 shotguns. Then everybody got married and had kids and there was no time.

"Free" government provided health care, condoms, sex changes, food-stamps, section-8 housing, $700 hammers, and supplying gangsters who are running foreign governments with weapons and cash aren't ….. "free".
Salem residents just voted down a proposed payroll tax the bulk of which was earmarked for homeless services. Providing the homeless with services as a way of ending homelessness is like handing out full size candy bars to discourage trick or treating.

Everyone is struggling with rising prices and the globalist utopist Marxists are still dreaming up more and bigger giveaways. What will they do when everyone is eventually on the dole, who will they take money from then.

Actually, I don't think $10 a box for target loads in 12 or 20 ga. isn't all that bad. A 25# bag of shot costs $55 and up at present. Primers $7 per hundred. Etc.

I used to love shooting trap. I would go out every weekend with an 870 and hold my own against $1000 shotguns. Then everybody got married and had kids and there was no time.
This happens. Same scenario for me. A friend and I went out trap shooting in the early 1970's. That caused me to start reloading shot shells. I got married in 1974 and suddenly I was in a new lifestyle. It didn't take long for our trap shooting to fall by the wayside.

Last Edited:

Outrageous consumer prices is how it all gets funded (in addition to printing money out of thin air).
Plus $2200, free phone, medical and housing for every single "migrant" that comes across our boarder. Family of 8? No problem, you qualify for $17,600 per month +:mad:

Actually, I don't think $10 a box for target loads in 12 or 20 ga. isn't all that bad. A 25# bag of shot costs $55 and up at present. Primers $7 per hundred. Etc.

This happens. Same scenario for me. A friend and I went out trap shooting in the early 1970's. That caused me to start reloading shot shells. I got married in 1974 and suddenly I was in a new lifestyle. It didn't take long for our trap shooting to fall by the wayside.
"I got married in 1974 and suddenly I was in a new lifestyle"

New Lifestyle: "Where do you think you're going"

Old you: "I'm going trap shooting with the guys"

New Lifestyle: "Oh no you're not"

I got married in 1974 and suddenly I was in a new lifestyle"

New Lifestyle: "Where do you think you're going"

Old you: "I'm going trap shooting with the guys"

New Lifestyle: "Oh no you're not"
There is a lot of truth in what you say. In my case, it was largely self-imposed because of self realization. My wife wasn't narrow about such things and has always given me a pretty long leash. Maybe that's a contributory cause to our next wedding anniversary being the 50th. Some wives are insecure about their husband's activities but mine hasn't been. We've been pretty well matched as to financial matters. She has never exercised any oversight over my spending, so long as the bills are paid.

Prices. I decided it was time to change the oil in my air compressor. I was out of compressor oil, so I stopped at Harbor Freight to buy some the other day. It was near $10 for 32 oz. Then I paused to think about vehicle engine oil and it's up there as well.. Which doesn't encourage people to change oil regularly as they should.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews