JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why is it a 'horrible' prospect?

Nothing anymore difficult about it than .45 ACP, .38/.357 etc.

Been loading it 'forever'.

That makes two of us. Even today I'm generally the only one picking up brass at the range with plenty of "competition shooters" running hundreds of factory rounds thru their Gucci guns. Learned to stock up on components since the '90's and never slowed up volume shooting during the '03, '13 and Great 2020 Ammo Shortages. Loading a 5 cent cast bullet on top of a 3 cent primed range pickup brass case just makes good sense whether a factory round costs 15 cents or 60 cents.

My name is nammac and I'm a brass ho... :s0140:

Also pick up brass left behind by others, have stocked reloading supplies over the years. A pound of powder here, a thousand primers there, a box of projectiles over there, it's all added up and paid a dividend in these lean times...

with plenty of "competition shooters" running hundreds of factory rounds thru their Gucci guns.
I have met SOME 'competition shooters' and my takeaway with them is guns are not really the interest but it's more about getting to the 'finish line' in the shortest time possible.

Sure, they have their Gucci race guns or whatever but it's more about the end result in competition than a say, a real interest in guns as tradition, history and just relaxing, target shooting, plinking etc., and reloading is something that does not even 'resonate' with them. They just buy cases of ammo for the competition and that is the extent of it with them.

I am sure this is not the case with all 'competition shooters' but I have met a few who it seems to be.

Last Edited:
It's all about whatever 'trips your trigger' (no pun intended!)

I can take say 20 - 30 rounds out for a Winchester or other lever, and maybe the same for a couple other guns and spend a relaxing afternoon in the woods for a walk shooting at random targets, maybe some paper punching to get 'dialed in' but that is where my 'head is at' when it comes to shooting.

On the Cabelas ammo shelves today the only cartridge I saw for sale was .260 Remington.View attachment 805140View attachment 805141

Thank you for your pictures and update.

My husband gives me reports from various stores when he goes 'looking' even though he is not buying.

One store had 1 box of shotgun shells. THAT was it and it was the other day - last week. I believe that one was at one Walmart store close to his gym which he passes on his way HOME.

He picked up some Ocean Spray juices that they do not carry at the other stores around here and he swings by the ammunition department to SEE what they have or rather do NOT have.

On a couple of other trips... he looks at everything (Mainly EMPTY SHELVES, almost EMPTY shelves or some lowly odd ball products that never sell.) at several stores around here which are not that far from our home and on our way to and from some of our other normal stops.

Take care.

Cate

Different people I guess. A threat of a tax didn't compell me to start reloading and casting bullets concurrent with owning my first guns when I was 16.. a Hi-Power, a BLR and an 03-A3, it was the desire to shoot regularly for the rest of my life.
To me it's like someone knowing they have to eat for the rest of their lives and not having a frying pan and a can opener because there's no punitive tax on eating at restaurants yet.

Well, if they put limits on the amount of ammo you can purchase in a day, I want to open a few drive through kiosks (like the old photo developers) with basic but good coffee, simple and cheap breakfast sandwich, and ammo.

Every day before work, like minded folks can swing though and get a cheap breakfast, simple coffee, and 50 rounds of ammo.

Probably close to what dutch brothers would be for a fancy coffee.

Well, if they put limits on the amount of ammo you can purchase in a day, I want to open a few drive through kiosks (like the old photo developers) with basic but good coffee, simple and cheap breakfast sandwich, and ammo.

Every day before work, like minded folks can swing though and get a cheap breakfast, simple coffee, and 50 rounds of ammo.

Probably close to what dutch brothers would be for a fancy coffee.

I wont be wearing a bikini!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads