JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel bad now about my wimpy supply of ammo. I'm going to have to go and buy more ammo. You guys are no help to my wallet.
Basic input and output.

Every time I can afford to shoot I buy supplies even if I don't go.

At some point I'll have time and by then I've collected enough for 5-6 range trips.

That's how I do it at least.... even considering when I'm reloading

I had several surgeries, one on each arm/wrists that kept me from depleting my supply for over a year. The ammo seems to multiply in the night when I don't pay attention.

We really need a decent shooting range in the St Helens area. Clatskanie is quite a drive and hit or miss on how many people are using the range at any given time.

I feel bad now about my wimpy supply of ammo. I'm going to have to go and buy more ammo. You guys are no help to my wallet.

My gunz feel lonely without their food so I bought a Colonial 50 so they have a safe space....:D:D:D

20190130_120211_001.jpg

Damn, the thought of lifting a can full of ammo out of that ridgid thing makes me cringe. Talk about early onset back problems.

If on a budget, and space/structure allows, consider a construction site style "job" type box.

More useable space, easier to move (empty) than a typical safe, can be bolted to a floor or studs.

Of course layered security is always best anyways, as "job boxes" are easier to get into...still takes the dirtbags time, that's where layered security wins. Let them waste time on something less valuable than the firearms collection/PMs or whatever else is in the true safe.

Job boxes are handier for storing bulk ammo vs a few boxes of various specialty stuff in each and every caliber, just due to there lateral vs horizontal layout of safes.
im pretty sure a jobox locked and bolted to the floor would be more secure than 90% of the major store gun safes.

im pretty sure a jobox locked and bolted to the floor would be more secure than 90% of the major store gun safes.
It would certainly have the "in plain sight" approach. As gun safes, scream, guns. And tool boxes well, hold tools.

Columbia County Firing Range Complex
We really need a decent shooting range in the St Helens area. Clatskanie is quite a drive and hit or miss on how many people are using the range at any given time.
Someone needs to talk the new Sheriff into opening up the "taxpayer-paid-for" Columbia County range off Route 30, to all residents. Set up some rules and maybe $60 a year. Contract a retired SM to "police" the place. CCL required perhaps? Indemnity waiver?

Last Edited:
Columbia County Firing Range Complex
Someone needs to talk the new Sheriff into opening up the "taxpayer-paid-for" Columbia County range off Route 30, to all residents. Set up some rules and maybe $60 a year. Contract a retired SM to "police" the place. CCL required perhaps? Indemnity waiver?
I shot competition there at the Snowflake Shoot many years ago. It is a very nice range for pistols.

My better half said that's she is glad she isn't the only wife that has to put up with a gun nut and ammo cans all over the place. My ammo cans serve as as a waist high, 3'x 8' divider between the kitchen and dining room. But she put her foot down when I wanted to trim our house in OD green.

They had three of those at the Costco by my house last week.
I was thinking about getting one.
I went yesterday and they were all gone.
THATS WHAT I GET FOR THINKING.

That's a great deal on the safe.
My safe is getting too crowded and I need another one, or an additional one.
I have been using my old stack on rifle safe for a ammo safe, but I have to stack it high
Mine too im thinking again.
Lol I might get a small one for pistols .
Or just bite the BULLET AND GET A GIANT ONE.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top