JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If they do pass this, and make it a de facto ban on 1st times and make buying EXTREMELY hard, then run off most FFL's, will people wake up yet? Sadly it often seems that it will have to get exactly this bad before people begin to stop making excuses and pay attention. One side has made it clear for a LONG time what they really want, no common folk able to have a gun but, criminals can have all they want. For a LONG time a LOT of people have called those who say this tinfoil hat types. Maybe it really has to get this bad before people wake up? :s0092:

Mean while: House Democrats' 'Assault Weapons' Ban Prohibits Semiautomatic pistols too. See Breitbart July 23, 2022.
I've seen the bill they are trying to push through and it requires mandatory turn in and I just laughed at that as there's no department that would enforce that since it would possibly get a lot of them killed.

Exactly what I was thinking. A license to purchase smacks to me as an infringement of a constitutional right. What if someone can't "pass the test" (whatever might be in said test) to get the license? Seems to me that they would be denied their constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

And then add in that whole thing about firearm registries being, like, totally illegal and all...
@arakboss thanks for taking point on this.

We need you to share your input on the measure's contents.

The Secretary of State has formed a committee to write an "explanatory statement" for the voter's guide, supposedly to describe what the ballot measure does.

We need your comments to go to that committee. The committee is scheduled to meet to accept public comments on August 3rd, but you may email comments now to [email protected]

It is essential that the committee hear from gun owners in Oregon. We know the Secretary of State has stacked the deck so it is critical that voters actually know what they will be voting on.

Do NOT send comments opposing the measure. That will not matter. What we need are emails pointing out what is actually IN the measure so we can at least try to get an honest assessment of what the measure does. Just pointing out that the measure is a bad idea does not help.

Please contact the committee and point out any or all of the following facts about the measure and ask that they be included in any statement published in the voter's guide.

If seems to me that minorities, low income, and other people might be unfairly discriminated against by this licensing requirement. It may be harder for them to attend, they may be intimidated by language barrier, may not be able to afford, etc. etc.

Therefore access to self defense for certain classes, races, etc. would be infringed.

That's what they're trying to do since that's their end goal.
This reminds me of Carol Bowne in New Jersey. That commie state also requires that you get permission from the Chief LEO prior to purchasing a firearm. Carol had an abusive ex who was stalking her, so she got a restraining order and applied to purchase a pistol. New Jersey requires that the Chief LEO respond to purchase permit request in 30 days and Carol was hoping for a response sooner given her situation. The Chief LEO could give two bubblegums and Carol was murdered in her driveway by her ex all after the 30 days. Of course a pistol locked in her house would not have been any good to her coming home from work and getting ambushed in her driveway.

Last Edited:
What a shame 2000 hours of service performed during my youth through our church's Pro Deo Et Patria program (For God and Country), fortified with 4 years of military service, during a particularly perplexing time, along with the now seemingly abstract constitution in my hand, would be worthless as a "permit" to buy a gun in the minds of many.

The proliferation of jackals whos sole existence seems to be creating hate, chaos and disorder seems endless.
All peoples really do need to spend as much time, actually thinking about, and minding the country, (if not more) as they do minding their own lives, or eventually they'll not be allowed much say about either.

I've seen the bill they are trying to push through and it requires mandatory turn in and I just laughed at that as there's no department that would enforce that since it would possibly get a lot of them killed.
They will "ask for" that of course but not get that yet. Assuming too many people keep their head in the sand we will soon enough see them get to that point. They will NOT need to send people around to take the stuff. Many seem to have already forgotten two weeks to slow the spread. They will pass a law making stuff no longer legal. Most will just cuss and swear and turn the stuff in. Those that do not will proudly now have something they can no longer take out in public and they best not use in a defensive shoot. It will not matter to the law makers. They could care less the criminals have guns, they will still have another win.

How is passing a test (written or live fire) in order to the Constitutionally-protected right to "keep and bear arms" different from, for instance, passing a civics test in order to vote?

How is paying a fee to get a license to "keep and bear" a firearm different from paying a fee to be able to vote?

Once the Bruen Decision was entered, certain rights were defined in the right to keep and bear arms. This was well-publicized. No one can successfully claim that it is unreasonable to expect them to be aware of this.

Continuing to submit the Initiative changes the status of those involved from political activism to criminal behavior.

Everyone who donated funds to finance this initiative, registered this initiative, and certified each signature sheet (after the date of the Bruen Decision), and any organization that paid wages/salaries of anyone listed above are involved in a conspiracy to deny Constitutional Rights, a Federal crime. Individual signers may not be conspirators, but simply fell prey to the conspiracy.

All of the instructors for the "live fire" training have to be "Certified" by law enforcement? Does that mean they have to be DPSST Instructors?

Am I reading this correctly?

How is passing a test (written or live fire) in order to the Constitutionally-protected right to "keep and bear arms" different from, for instance, passing a civics test in order to vote?

How is paying a fee to get a license to "keep and bear" a firearm different from paying a fee to be able to vote?
Sadly the constitution only "works" as long as people controlling things allow it to work. Our rights mean nothing more than some black robe tells you they mean. Again has everyone already forgotten the two weeks to slow the spread? Really?
Those in power can literally do anything they wish. There are only two things stopping them. Black robe's further up the ladder pulling them back or voters firing them. Since voters seem all to willing to let this go I would not hold your breath waiting for the courts to save us. They "may" but, it tends to take a LONG time.

Sadly the constitution only "works" as long as people controlling things allow it to work. Our rights mean nothing more than some black robe tells you they mean. Again has everyone already forgotten the two weeks to slow the spread? Really?
Those in power can literally do anything they wish. There are only two things stopping them. Black robe's further up the ladder pulling them back or voters firing them. Since voters seem all to willing to let this go I would not hold your breath waiting for the courts to save us. They "may" but, it tends to take a LONG time.
Bruen holds the "Black Robes" to a very close standard. It removes the "trade-off between rights and public safety" standard that was the excuse for infringement. They may try to pull another excuse out of the rear area of their underwear, but it is more difficult now.

If seems to me that minorities, low income, and other people might be unfairly discriminated against by this licensing requirement. It may be harder for them to attend, they may be intimidated by language barrier, may not be able to afford, etc. etc.

Therefore access to self defense for certain classes, races, etc. would be infringed.
That's the message that's more important to drill home. You beat them with their own wokeness. Facts are, these provisions absolutely target marginalized communities the most, just like the original nature of gun control in the US - to keep guns out of the hands of dark skinned people.

Even The Poors on this site will be less impacted because they've already got their channels to get training, etc, and already own what they need to for the next two years of litigation before it all gets tossed. But the black and brown folk are f**ked. And as a gun community we need and want them to have the same rights, full stop.

That's the message that's more important to drill home. You beat them with their own wokeness. Facts are, these provisions absolutely target marginalized communities the most, just like the original nature of gun control in the US - to keep guns out of the hands of dark skinned people.

Even The Poors on this site will be less impacted because they've already got their channels to get training, etc, and already own what they need to for the next two years of litigation before it all gets tossed. But the black and brown folk are f**ked. And as a gun community we need and want them to have the same rights, full stop.
Yep they are going to respond if they are shown to be discriminating. They won't respond to the things that we care about such as right to self defense, 2A, etc.

Years ago when I still had Facebook, I tried engaging Lift Every Voice. One lady who was the most friendly laid out their position "A member of our congregation who was in the 101 Airborne said that no civilian needs an AR-15 because they are weapons of war". That was it, no discussion, their minds were closed.

I started posting defensive gun use stories instead. They took them down and banned me. They are Lift Every Voice except those that oppose us.

Years ago when I still had Facebook, I tried engaging Lift Every Voice. One lady who was the most friendly laid out their position "A member of our congregation who was in the 101 Airborne said that no civilian needs an AR-15 because they are weapons of war". That was it, no discussion, their minds were closed.

I started posting defensive gun use stories instead. They took them down and banned me. They are Lift Every Voice except those that oppose us.
This is funny because the 101st ABN isn't even a Airborne unit anymore. Hasn't been for awhile lol.

They dont have PIR or paratroopers like the 82nd. I digress..

Engaging LEVO is a serious brain drain. They cite studies that are horribly researched open sourced papers. Its sad..

Sort of like Facebook fact checkers

1658693489732.png

That is why I left.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR