JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I did a lot of searching and couldn't find this info. I know near the original start date there was a 30 day stay, but that's the last I heard, and it's been more than 30 days.

Do we need a permit to buy guns yet?

I want one more shotgun but refuse to get a permit. Is it too late?

If not, is there a set date?

114 implementation is entirely on hold. So, no, no training/certificate is yet required.

Next movement in Federal court might be in March, and IIRC the Harney judge is set up to be reactive. Arnold v Brown, assigned to Judge Joseph Raschio. That one argues the Oregon Constitution right to bear arms.

From January ...

The state has said it won't be ready to support a permitting program until March 7.

Raschio said he would hold a hearing on a preliminary injunction regarding the permitting requirement within 10 days of the state informing him that a permitting process is in place and ready to operate.

Last Edited:
Yeah... there aren't hardly any measure 114 threads so info is hard to come by. ;)

If you''re buying from a LGS there shouldn't be any problem. If you are looking to have a firarm shipped into a local FFL for a transfer then it would be a good idea to check with your preferred FFL and verify they are accepting those types of tranfers.

Many are restricting what types of transfers they will process.

Some are also honoring the 3day law and others are not. Since the states petition to appeal Saint Raschios stay on 114 is still pending, and may be released any day now, completeing your purchase at your earliest convenience is likely a wise idea.

From what I've heard and read, the permit to purchase part of it is pretty much on hold until March 8th. Because the state can't get the provisions in place to offer the permitting process until then (at the earliest). Because it would be deemed a violation of the 2nd amendment to enact the restriction before someone could even begin the permit process, it could be longer before it takes effect.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews