JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I just creatively produced something in the master bathroom...
But, but, but... I tried to creatively produce one, too!

Participation Trophy.png

But I pushed really really hard!

solv3nt is gonna show up in this thread any minute, and y'all know what that means... :s0087:

Airline joke told to me by a Northwest pilot.

The perfect layover:

The Flight Engineer finds a crummy looking place that serves a great steak dinner for next to nothing.

The First Officer hooks up with the most beautiful stewardess in the Company, and spends the whole layover in a hotel room, calling in room service when necessary.

The Captain has a successful bowel movement.

Devil's advocate here, if AB did check the cylinder and found what looked like to be six "Dummy rounds" should he have insisted that they all be ejected?
Yes!

Be absolutely sure what type of 'rounds' are or were in there.

Cate

I don't think he has a future. At least one major Hollywood wokie has come out against him. I will bet his interview will turn more against him.

I commend GC for coming out early and talking about this shooting.

I remember when he made his first comments about this and what he said got more popular and 'around in the news'.

The same thing goes for several conservative actors that I have paid attention to in the 'news'.

I liked George C. in several movies over the years too.

I realize that he and I DIFFER a LOT in many political issues but I did enjoy some of his movies.

Almost all of our movies and tv shows have been donated to our library shy of some Classics.

I do not regret my husband buying them super cheap at Walmart and we enjoyed most of them no matter who was in it.

However, many of the last movies and tv shows (Shy of a FEW of them in both formats.) that so many people raved about no matter WHO was in the movie... we did not think that they were 'great' or as great even though several R and L people raved about them.

I watched some movies with GUN ACTION in them that were more modern - newer releases over X amount of years but even those got KIND OF STUPID and extremely senseless over and over again.

Maybe it was or is the LACK of a good plot, the acting and how they film them. Plot, acting and method of filming! Sometimes it is all 3 of those things!

Some types of filming really bother my eyes and I can't stand watching them. I literally LOOK AWAY from the screen on our boob tube. My husband does the same thing. It bugs his eyes. My late husband used to say that some types of filming on the boob tube and in movies were VERY OBVIOUS to see where it bothered older people but younger people were NOT bothered by it at all. They were hypnotized by the 'programming' and as I always say, "They don't call it programming for no reason!" And he said that long before he died too. I am not talking about cartoon types of modern film now. Whatever they do and where it flashes all over or speeds up and the lighting goes crazy for their 'action'. Ugh. Beats me and I do not want to sidetrack this any longer.

I wanted to mention GC and commend him.

Plus since we are talking about GUNS used in movie plots AND what AB did.

Most of you know how I feel there so I will not repeat how I feel that AB still IS and WAS responsible plus with EVERY SINGLE THING that went DOWN the fateful day. Older posts of mine on here.

Sorry for the sidetrack.

Cate

So if you were at a gun shop or a friend's house, and they wanted to show you a gun, and they checked the gun and found it safe before handing it to you, do you still check the gun yourself upon receiving it? There's the answer to your question.
YES and yes. I already wrote about this HERE or elsewhere. Vice versa!

That goes for my late husband, my MT husband, my military and law enforcement friends - dead now or alive, my other BEST gun buddies dead now or alive, at private and public shooting areas, in MY home, on MY property, in and out of my former vehicles, camper, in my former state, while visiting other states as a guest where we shot, ranges - former ranges in other states and at my own back east and out here, at PRIVATE - INVITE ONLY Sportsman's Clubs - even my own back east, on BLM land in CO, all indoor and outdoor shooting ranges, etc.

When I have a GUN that I show them or let them shoot, I empty it and show it to them EMPTY - UNLOADED and they totally check it out too. Vice versa! And that goes for LONG term active duty or retired military people - CLOSE FRIENDS and my VERY close - best friends in peace officer work and other peace officer friends in ALL AGES. Old and young!

Cate

Last Edited:
@Catherine1

Hi Cate!

1. I also have a prob with TV/movies that have fast cuts, jerky action, flashing lights, etc. Have always thought it's due to the nervous system slowing down with aging. But then, most of it is garbage today anyway.
2. I check every gun handed to me even if it was just checked right in front of me.
3. I'm a proud deplorable that will never forgive her for Benghazi and for selling her position to become filthy rich. They even sold nights in the Lincoln bedroom that belongs to us not them. And they took the Haiti money and built what, five houses? I could go on and on. Just deplorable!!

Last Edited:
Short and mild diversion for sanity's sake. We're back on the road again, now...

Thread drift-Batman.jpg

@Catherine1

Hi Cate!

1. I also have a prob with TV/movies that have fast cuts, jerky action, flashing lights, etc. Have always thought it's due to the nervous system slowing down with aging. But then, most of it is garbage today anyway.
2. I check every gun handed to me even if it was just checked right in front of me.
3. I'm a proud deplorable that will never forgive her for Benghazi and for selling her position to become filthy rich. They even sold nights in the Lincoln bedroom that belongs to us not them. And they took the Haiti money and built what, five houses? I could go on and on. Just deplorable!!
On the sometimes light aversion ... there were more than a few who got sick in the 'new' Cobra gunship simulators back in the early '80's due to the frequency of flicker with the video. The sim companies changed the flikker speed and the problem was resolved. Our entertainment industry using old camera's especially with darker and lighter backgrounds.

On Brandon's Sister ..... I doubt she will ever face justice in this world! Such a shame on us!

On the sometimes light aversion ... there were more than a few who got sick in the 'new' Cobra gunship simulators back in the early '80's due to the frequency of flicker with the video. The sim companies changed the flikker speed and the problem was resolved. Our entertainment industry using old camera's especially with darker and lighter backgrounds.

On Brandon's Sister ..... I doubt she will ever face justice in this world! Such a shame on us!
60 hz flicker gives some people severe headaches. 60 hz used to be the standard refresh rate for computer monitors.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR