JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Softball rehearsed interview.

Why not ask a question like....

A bullet came out of a gun that "you" were holding, how is that not your fault?

Yeah, but he didn't check the cylinder, so as Hillary Clinton would say, "What difference at this point does it make?"
Clinton_what difference.jpg

I heard the first story was the assistant director took the pistol off an unattended cart, shook it (presumably heard the BB rattle of the five dummy rounds), said "cold gun" and handed it to AB. And since it was reported that the live round had the same Star Line Star brass as the dummy rounds, then AB would have no reason to suspect that there was any live ammo even if he inspected each cylinder.

Yeah, I know, would you trust that they were dummies if you had to hold the pistol to your head and pull the trigger?
Except that the industry term "Cold gun" refers to no rounds of any kind in the gun, including blanks. Which makes sense since they would almost never have live rounds on a set. So if he heard a rattle, he'd have said "Hot gun".

Except that the industry term "Cold gun" refers to no rounds of any kind in the gun, including blanks. Which makes sense since they would almost never have live rounds on a set. So if he heard a rattle, he'd have said "Hot gun".
George Clooney on "cold gun":

"First of all, I've never heard the term 'cold gun,'" he said of the doomed safe word that Baldwin believed meant the Colt .45 he fired would not have live bullets.

"I've never heard that term. Literally, they're just talking about stuff I've never heard of. It's just infuriating," he said.

This is absolutely the best video I've seen so far on this subject.
Really like Kevin's videos... always very informative.

I just wish I could still get USCCA carry insurance... :(

Thanks, Jackboot Jay and Sideshow Bob... you phuq'n moronic asshats... :mad::mad::mad:

If Baldwin had been pointing that pistol at his own head and blew his rum soaked brains out, you'd be hearing a different story about what a wonderful guy he was and someone on the film crew would already be in jail for negligence.

When was this? This is sounding like great news for us CC peoples!

I want to say early this year but I could be way off.
That would make sense. Other providers of CC insurance in WA were all tossed out back in late 2019 (October, IIRC).
Sideshow Bob, in a covert partisan conversation with that assclown Kreidler (WA State Insurance Commissioner), basically told Kreidler to find some backdoor avenue to make CC insurance illegal in the state. Same way that asshat Andrew Cuomo got NRA CarryGuard and other CC insurances kicked out of NY State a few years before it happened here. Glad to hear that someone, ANYONE, made it through that gauntlet.

Last Edited:
Again... these are all things we already know and are easily demonstrated and repeatable. That's what makes @awshoot 's post so spot-on. Why would they think this coached "strategy" wouldn't be torn to shreds in the investigation and trial? Are lawyers THAT freaking stupid?
AB lawyers must believe that all Americans are tuned to movies of badazz wester gunfighters fanning the hammer of their trust six-gun. Therefore the jury will believe that's how the gun works. But the prosecution's weapons expert is going to tear it up in court.

I had a S.A. revolver as a teen, I recall that if i held the trigger , I could fan the hammer and shoot all six rounds, Did A.B. have his finger already on the trigger, when he pulled the hammer back?. kinda assuming he did.
Yeah, I think so too. Easy mistake. Too bad he won't admit it!!!

Devil's advocate here, if AB did check the cylinder and found what looked like to be six "Dummy rounds" should he have insisted that they all be ejected?

But if it was not unusual to have "Dummy rounds" in the revolver prior to a shot and if AB had no reason to suspect that there were any live rounds on the set, would it still be unreasonable to continue practicing with the "Dummy rounds" in place?

I heard the first story was the assistant director took the pistol off an unattended cart, shook it (presumably heard the BB rattle of the five dummy rounds), said "cold gun" and handed it to AB. And since it was reported that the live round had the same Star Line Star brass as the dummy rounds, then AB would have no reason to suspect that there was any live ammo even if he inspected each cylinder.
Gun guys know that you violate the Four Rules at your own peril. And others peril. Complacency kills or injures.

Baldwin claims that relying on armorer/AD/etc for a "cold gun" is a thing. Yet there is an ample amount of statements from industry insiders that it's not a thing. They indicate that the industry follows the same safety rules as we do, each person that handles a gun checks it, always points it in a safe direction, etc, with the addition of cheating camera angles, using remote cameras, or using clear bulletproof shields when close angles/camera shots are required. This industry practice is why such incidents are so rare... with 100yrs of TV/movie gunfights where nobody got hurt/KIA. *

And my understanding of the practice with dummy rounds is that the primers are supposed to be either drilled or removed (you still wouldn't want a dummy rd with a bb in it to fire a live primer!)(in addition to the steps already mentioned. But blanks/dummies on the set were supplied haphazardly/sloppily. Armorer's dad said he grabbed up some dummy reloads for the set).... making it quick and easy to check by going to half cock, opening the loading gate, and rotating the cylinder to visually inspect for live primers... Star Line brass or not, and no need to rely on shaking the gun. This would have been a better procedure than blindly accepting that the gun was safe/harmless.

(Paraphrasing): "She made me point it at her". Sure Alec. You are such a weak man that you always break safety rules if told to do so. Nice try.

In the long run, he was responsible for safety in his gun handling both as an actor, and as a producer... there were many things in the chain of errors that led up to this death, and he did have influence/control over many, despite his lame claim that he was only a "creative producer".

* Actors rely on guidance from unions regarding gun safety/handling: https://www.actorsequity.org/resources/Producers/safe-and-sanitary/safety-tips-for-use-of-firearms/

Baldy almost attacks Reporter outside his home, reporter questioned him "Did you pull the Trigger?" And Baldy lunges! Repeat of his past temper tantrums, YUP! He sure is his own worst enemy, and now, it really needs to cost him, his freedom for one!

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top