JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
His Only Hope - Change of Venue!

Screenshot_20211112-173943_Twitter.jpg

Yeah, but he didn't check the cylinder, so as Hillary Clinton would say, "What difference at this point does it make?"
I would say that if there is anything besides air in the cylinders, you pop them all out and inspect them. Obviously it takes up to 10 seconds with this type of revolver, which is a lot compared to double actions, but not that much. 10s spent in exchange for a life is time well spent.

Also, I've heard that dummy rounds have a hole drilled in the side. That doesn't make any sense to me if time efficiency is an issue. All they need is to have someone load cases with a bullet but with no primer in them. These would be large pistol primers and so the gaping maw at the bottom of each dummy would be super obvious. You wouldn't even have to eject them.
But if it was not unusual to have "Dummy rounds" in the revolver prior to a shot and if AB had no reason to suspect that there were any live rounds on the set, would it still be unreasonable to continue practicing with the "Dummy rounds" in place?

Not that ever watch it anyway (except for a few YT clips) but, uh, does AB have a future on SNL?

I mean I HOPE they never create a skit out of the RUST tragedy.
I don't think he has a future. At least one major Hollywood wokie has come out against him. I will bet his interview will turn more against him.

But if it was not unusual to have "Dummy rounds" in the revolver prior to a shot and if AB had no reason to suspect that there were any live rounds on the set, would it still be unreasonable to continue practicing with the "Dummy rounds" in place?
So if you were at a gun shop or a friend's house, and they wanted to show you a gun, and they checked the gun and found it safe before handing it to you, do you still check the gun yourself upon receiving it? There's the answer to your question.

I think what happened here is ample evidence that it would not be reasonable to assume anything after you've handed off a firearm to someone else. Every single time it comes into your hands after someone else handled it, you check it.

Even that blue check George Clooney sounds like a gun guy (from the NYPost article linked above):

"Every single time I'm handed a gun on a set — every time — they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I'm pointing it to, we show it to the crew," he told Maron.

"Everyone does it. Everybody knows," he said.

do you still check the gun yourself upon receiving it?
Yes, unequivocally.

I once posted about this being done intentionally by a 'new friend' I was getting to know - and I passed his 'test' when he handed me a revolver with six empties in it.

A neighbor came over yesterday with something 'new' on his hip and I asked him what it was. He pulled it, removed the mag & cleared it but I double checked it anyway. It was a 9X18 Makarov he had just gotten in a trade.

Last Edited:
Realistic looking Hollywood dummy rounds are emptied of powder and then a bb is inserted into the shell casing before the lead bullet is seated.
That way you can shake the ammo and know for sure that it's not loaded with powder.
These type of rounds are generally used in a firearm that have the barrel plugged.

Absolutely. They had just come back from lunch. The guns changed hands several times. And again, why NOT check it? Takes virtually no time. Especially when even the IDEA that he was to point it towards her was brought up.

But he was told the gun had no rounds in it. If he had checked, anything in the gun would be suspect and should have been removed. Also, you don't fire blanks at people either. They can be dangerous too. So yes, it would be unreasonable.

But he was told the gun had no rounds in it. If he had checked, anything in the gun would be suspect and should have been removed. Also, you don't fire blanks at people either. They can be dangerous too. So yes, it would be unreasonable.
I heard the first story was the assistant director took the pistol off an unattended cart, shook it (presumably heard the BB rattle of the five dummy rounds), said "cold gun" and handed it to AB. And since it was reported that the live round had the same Star Line Star brass as the dummy rounds, then AB would have no reason to suspect that there was any live ammo even if he inspected each cylinder.

Yeah, I know, would you trust that they were dummies if you had to hold the pistol to your head and pull the trigger?

I heard the first story was the assistant director took the pistol off an unattended cart, shook it (presumably heard the BB rattle of the five dummy rounds), said "cold gun" and handed it to AB. And since it was reported that the live round had the same Star Line Star brass as the dummy rounds, then AB would have no reason to suspect that there was any live ammo even if he inspected each cylinder.

Yeah, I know, would you trust that they were dummies if you had to hold the pistol to your head and pull the trigger?
I heard the AD checked three of the rounds but not all of them. I suspect there's a lot that has been heard that's wrong by all of us.

Here's the indisputable fact though. The gun was in Baldwin's hand and the bullet went through one person and into another. All the rest just adds color to the story but ultimately, the fact he shot them is all that should matter because if he'd spent 10 seconds checking the gun or didn't aim at her -- nothing would have happened to anyone.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads