JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
No no no no no no no no no no, don't tell him that! Let him run his big phuq'n mouth all he wants.
When the case goes to trial, it's gonna be glorious to watch the prosecutor wipe the floor of the courtroom with him! :s0140:
This!

Cate

Whoever is coaching him simply doesn't understand what a SA revolver is.
I was reading some opinions on this incident and one grabbed my attention. Baldwin was using a Pietta-made replica and some genius wrote that ALL single-action revolvers since the 70s have a transfer-bar safety.

Wrong-O, Mary Lou.

Just for my own edification, l got out my own Pietta made Cimmaron pistols and guess what... ? They have a floating hammer-mounted firing pin. Obviously, my NM Blackhawk has a transfer bar. Duh. I guess dude lives in a world where all hoglegs come from Ruger.

I was also unable to replicate what Mr Baldwin is asserting. Unless his gun was seriously broken, there's absolutely NO WAY that he didn't touch the trigger. All of this is no surprise to any of us here, especially those who enjoy SA pistols.

One thing l also noticed is that it takes some level of concentration to skin one of these things crossdraw without putting your finger into the trigger guard. It's not hard, but it's a little awkward. Keeping your thumb away from the hammer is instinctual but if you're clowning around with the hammer (as he was reportedly doing) WHILE your finger is on the trigger... BANG.

Again... these are all things we already know and are easily demonstrated and repeatable. That's what makes @awshoot 's post so spot-on. Why would they think this coached "strategy" wouldn't be torn to shreds in the investigation and trial? Are lawyers THAT freaking stupid?

I will expand.

To gun people, what Alec did borders on the inconceivable -- not totally inconceivable because from time to time we hear stories of the "I didn't think the gun was loaded" type, shake our heads at the vast stupidity required for such things to happen and applaud the conviction that inevitably follows. To most gun people, the Four Rules rank higher -- way higher -- than the Ten Commandments and to violate them is a sin so great that a good analogy escapes me.

This is our context. It is not universal.

I was talking with a friend who is not a gun person who got shockingly angry at me when I suggested Alec should be charged. The argument was that he was told the gun was safe, we all rely on experts to get through life, and he should be allowed to rely on the gun experts who handed him the gun. I tried to say "... but the four rules ..." It simply did not matter to this person. I tried "... inherently dangerous/strict liability ..." same thing with the person growing more angry, literally mad at me: "what justice would be served if he was prosecuted for relying on the experts ... people aim guns at people in movies all the time ... I'm sure he feels sick about this accident ... he certainly didn't mean to hurt anyone" and the like.

I was sitting there thinking "are you kidding?? Four Rules!!" and it was like we couldn't even communicate. In my mind, the rules present a wall so high and insurmountable that conviction is a given -- he had a gun in his hand and bullet went through two people -- done and done, convict him and grimace when he gets probation. To the person I was talking to this was an infuriating position.

If this case goes to trial (big "if") -- there will be 1/3 to 1/2 of the jurors (maybe) who are inculcated into the Religion of the Four Rules. If it goes to trial, there will not be a conviction because most of the jurors will be like my friend, incapable of understanding that when frequently handling deadly weapons amongst others also handling deadly weapons, the Four Rules aren't just some little quirk of gun culture, they are foundational to allowing us to exercise our interests on the gun range without risking our lives. That is why they mean so much to us -- without them, we'd all be dead ten times over. But people who don't shoot don't get that.

What they don't get is personal responsibility for their actions.

The gun doesn't know you are playing make believe.
This is literally true. The person I was talking to deeply believed that Baldwin was not at fault because he was told the gun was unloaded. In the gun community, that excuse would be met with more scorn than someone saying "yeah -- I meant to kill him and take his wallet" because the latter criminal act doesn't violate the four rules. It may be immoral to intentionally destroy a person, but it doesn't actually break the four rules and even if we think the perp should fry, he hasn't violated a sacred trust in the way an idiot with a gun does when they break the rules and injure or kill another stupidly, but unintentionally (*).

(*) Even if they don't hurt anyone, it's still a violation of a sacred trust.

The five stages of fing up are:
  • denial.
  • anger.
  • bargaining.
  • depression.
  • acceptance

You're #1, retard!
I think we saw ALL of those playing out, almost in sequence, during "The Interview".

Obvious denial.
Anger over someone else's incompetence: "l was TOLD... ". "How did a live round get onto the set?".
Bargaining: "l would do anything in my power... ".
Recreational weeping speaks for itself. There will be more at his sentencing hearing.
Acceptance will have to wait for his post mortem memoirs. Or maybe he'll write an OJ-style "If l Did It" how-to manual...

Last Edited:
I will expand.

To gun people, what Alec did borders on the inconceivable -- not totally inconceivable because from time to time we hear stories of the "I didn't think the gun was loaded" type, shake our heads at the vast stupidity required for such things to happen and applaud the conviction that inevitably follows. To most gun people, the Four Rules rank higher -- way higher -- than the Ten Commandments and to violate them is a sin so great that a good analogy escapes me.

This is our context. It is not universal.

I was talking with a friend who is not a gun person who got shockingly angry at me when I suggested Alec should be charged. The argument was that he was told the gun was safe, we all rely on experts to get through life, and he should be allowed to rely on the gun experts who handed him the gun. I tried to say "... but the four rules ..." It simply did not matter to this person. I tried "... inherently dangerous/strict liability ..." same thing with the person growing more angry, literally mad at me: "what justice would be served if he was prosecuted for relying on the experts ... people aim guns at people in movies all the time ... I'm sure he feels sick about this accident ... he certainly didn't mean to hurt anyone" and the like.

I was sitting there thinking "are you kidding?? Four Rules!!" and it was like we couldn't even communicate. In my mind, the rules present a wall so high and insurmountable that conviction is a given -- he had a gun in his hand and bullet went through two people -- done and done, convict him and grimace when he gets probation. To the person I was talking to this was an infuriating position.

If this case goes to trial (big "if") -- there will be 1/3 to 1/2 of the jurors (maybe) who are inculcated into the Religion of the Four Rules. If it goes to trial, there will not be a conviction because most of the jurors will be like my friend, incapable of understanding that when frequently handling deadly weapons amongst others also handling deadly weapons, the Four Rules aren't just some little quirk of gun culture, they are foundational to allowing us to exercise our interests on the gun range without risking our lives. That is why they mean so much to us -- without them, we'd all be dead ten times over. But people who don't shoot don't get that.

:Slow Clap: :s0155:

tumblr_ltd82kj92I1qmviqno1_400.gif

I had a S.A. revolver as a teen, I recall that if i held the trigger , I could fan the hammer and shoot all six rounds, Did A.B. have his finger already on the trigger, when he pulled the hammer back?. kinda assuming he did.

Last Edited:
I had a S.A. revolver as a teen, I recall that if i held the trigger , I could fan the hammer and shoot all six rounds, Did A.B. have his finger already on the trigger, when he pulled the hammer back?. kinda assuming he did.
That's exactly what it sounds like. I've seen several videos of Piettas and non-Piettas where, with the finger off the trigger, if you pull the hammer back but stop before it clicks into full cock, and release the hammer, it will catch on the half-cock notch.

Anyway, Alec is probably being literally honest to point of deception when he says "I'd never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger." He probably had the gun holstered, not pointed at anyone when he pulled and held the trigger so that when he released the hammer, it blew past all the safety notches it would hit if the trigger was not depressed, and fired the chambered round.

Even if we assume the gun was defective and the hammer would not be held by the sear or the half-cock notch or the notch that keeps the hammer off a live primer before you get to half-cock, dropping the hammer in SA pistol is still far active on the shooters part than aiming a defective self-firing gun at someone. The issue is in the aiming at someone.

If the lowlife MFer had shown even some kind of remorse, or at LEAST admitted that he had a part in it I MIGHT MAYBE MIGHT have a tiny little bit of respect for him in this one situation. I've always strongly disliked him, so maybe not.

But he didn't. He blamed everything and everyone else while mentally and verbally excusing himself from any wrongdoing.

He's a scum POS.

But he didn't. He blamed everything and everyone else while mentally and verbally excusing himself from any wrongdoing.
AND - what's worse is he came up with the 'I didn't pull the trigger' part until later so that in itself is shows he is totally disingenuous and will say anything to his benefit.

This is a good example of 'the guilty coming to their OWN defense before they are accused'

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads