JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Oh just quit making movies like this anyway! The actors have made their political leanings well known through the media. So I don't want to watch your arse-face on the screen any more any way. Add to that the terrible, terrible crap, no talent writers that come up with these stories that rely on special effects to bring people in rather than good story telling. Screw 'em!

Look at Alec Baldwin? Believable as an old West cowboy? :s0140:

Alec Baldwin Calls for Mandatory Police Presence to Ensure Weapon Safety After Shooting

We don't have enough cops for the cities.
The OT they would rack up on a shoot would be a plum duty assignment.
But of course, we could search on police-involved shootings ... leaving loaded guns behind ... etc.
Behind a paywall/signup wall so I didn't read. This sounds to me like he is trying to divert blame from himself.

It appears to me he is trying to say, "guns are bad and should only be around when there is direct police supervision", ie "it's the bad guns that caused the problem, not my negligence."

But if he was factual he would say, "I as producer was responsible for making the set safe, hiring people that knew what they were doing, and fixing the problem of an unsafe set after employees complained about accidental gun discharges."

"Furthermore I hired an armorer with almost no experience, an assistant director (who handed me the loaded weapon) who has been fired for having an accidental discharge on previous movies, and I hired scabs instead of fixing the unsafe conditions which made my crew members refuse to work due to it being an unsafe set. "

"And finally, like a complete dumbas!, I as an actor did not ensure the gun was safe, pointed it directly at 2 poeple, then pulled the trigger, killing one and injuring another."

That would be an honest accounting. And if he were an average joe he would be up for manslaughter already.

Last Edited:
Look at Alec Baldwin? Believable as an old West cowboy? :s0140:
Yeah, I'm buyin' it. :rolleyes:

Nd9GcTxmRSHkEoY9ONiWTCFEzI1wIeNKalKJJ6IZg&usqp=CAU.jpg

Clint Eastwood's 6 Best Cowboy Roles in Film | Sideshow Collectibles

Nd9GcTSMkANVfJxe4ot723VqLNfHIvzzaufrZ9OIg&usqp=CAU.jpg

Sam Elliott's New Ranch - C&I Magazine

Nd9GcS9SpJJmHE26NwMH8AV_NF9SV3EGjjIEmYqOA&usqp=CAU.jpg

Nd9GcQndCWv9a9ByBYr0sRyBf8xAhNOjM9noNLnxw&usqp=CAU.jpg

You know, something else just occurred to me. Right now, the local police and DA have to decide whether or not to charge him. By saying "hire more police" he is telling that police department that they should support him because he is promoting more $ for more police. The police Union would support this like crazy I think.

As much as I hate to say it, this may have a big impact in his favor because right now the police and DA are sitting on the fence about whether they should charge him. Again it pains me to say it but someone is giving him smart advise in this regard. This is a calculated political move I think designed to make them not charge him and it likely comes from others not him. His reactionary Twitter responses show what he really thinks I'll bet, versus these calculated press releases.

Last Edited:
You know, something else just occurred to me. Right now, the local police and DA have to decide whether or not to charge him. By saying "hire more police" he is telling that police department that they should support him because he is promoting more $ for more police. The police Union would support this like crazy I think.

As much as I hate to say it, this may have a big impact in his favor because right now cuz the police and DA are sitting on the fence about whether they should charge him. Again it pains me to say it but someone is giving him smart advise in this regard. This is a calculated political move I think designed to make them not charge him and it likely comes from others not him. His reactionary Twitter responses show what he really thinks I'll bet versus these calculated press releases.
I agree that it could be a political move, in fact coming from him and at this time it almost has to be, but I'm not sure it'll be very effective.

"Furthermore I hired an armorer with almost no experience, an assistant director (who handed me the loaded weapon) who has been fired for having an accidental NEGLIGENT discharges on previous movies, and I hired scabs instead of fixing the unsafe conditions which made my crew members refuse to work due to it being an unsafe set. "

I fixt it for ya... ;)

As much as I hate to say it, this may have a big impact in his favor because right now the police and DA are sitting on the fence about whether they should charge him. Again it pains me to say it but someone is giving him smart advise in this regard. This is a calculated political move I think designed to make them not charge him and it likely comes from others not him. His reactionary Twitter responses show what he really thinks I'll bet, versus these calculated press releases.
Interesting thought, but I think in reality it's quite a stretch.

Departments don't want to hire more cops just to have them shipped off to movie sets to babysit a bunch of self-absorbed thespians who can't be responsible for themselves.

And guess who gets the finger pointed at them if another "accident" happens? Not the studio, or the producer or the person that caused the harm, but the department that is providing the officer. Lawsuits galore that us taxpayers have to cover.

I don't see the Police getting behind that.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top