JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yeah. Now that it was determined to be a live round how in the hell did he kill the cinematographer? Why was it even pointed at her?

He's going to spin this into blaming the gun to deflect blame. The anti gun left will turn him into the victim and elevate him as their poster boy.

1) "You would think an experienced actor like Alec Baldwin would know better than to point a potentially dangerous object at somebody else & pull the trigger--why isn't Alec in jail?"
Because he is a luminary and spokestwit for the Woke Weltanschauung.

2) We should keep in mind that the facts will not be known for days at least, and suppressed once they are.

Damn, a live round!?!?

Baldwin will be living with that for the rest of his life. As will the person that F'd up the prop gun.

Should be an interesting story to why the hell there was live ammo on a movie set.

Perhaps this will be the tipping point for Hollywood to live up to their ideological views and stop using firearms in movies.

Why was it even pointed at her?
My guess. It was a scene where he pointed the gun towards the cameras. If you have ever seen a behind the scenes, you'll notice there are tons of people behind the camera. I remember watching behind the scenes of the Matrix. Especially the lobby scene. Guns were pointing everywhere at tons of folks behind the cameras.

At the very very least, I'd like to see the adjudicator require him to dress up as Eddie Eagle and teach gun safety to children in California public schools and the videos then be aired on national television by The Ad Council.

Well his past proclivities might offer an explanation for this but who in the heII loaded the live round in the gun?

Guns on a movie set are supposedly handled by 'armorers' who are experienced in the handling of them - so how did the live round slip by?
Shiit! ALL people who handle guns/ firearms, of any kind, should follow the four basic rules. I don't care if it's an effing NERF gun!

I'll tell ya' what is needed now? Firearms safety/handling classes for ANY actors that are in movies with any gun. They should make even non gun handling persons in a movie that has guns go through a class. Let's get to teaching these "entertainers' what we all learn about firearms handling. It may help keep them from sounding so incredibly ignorant when they speak on gun topics too.

He's going to spin this into blaming the gun to deflect blame. The anti gun left will turn him into the victim and elevate him as their poster boy.
Oh man - this was my first thought exactly.

The interesting part will be is how will the antis twist this into a 'gun' issue? It was not intentional (that we know) it was a movie set - therefore fictitious, with no basis in reality so 'technically' this is entirely a negligent, lack of safety issue and NOT a 'gun crime'.

My questions (may have already been asked here):
  • Is Alec familiar with firearms, or was he given some basic instruction? If no, why not and why didn't he request it?
  • Was it one shot or two shots?

Prop masters union claims Alec Baldwin
fired LIVE round and not a blank at female
cinematographer on set of his new Western
movie Rust: Actor 'asked "why was I handed
a hot gun" after accidentally killing
her and wounding the film's director

"A movie prop masters union has told members it was a live round and not a blank that Alec Baldwin fired at a female cinematographer on Thursday in New Mexico, killing her and wounding the movie's director in a tragic on-set accident. Halyna Hutchins, 42, died shortly after being shot by Baldwin around 1.50pm Thursday at Bonanza Creek Ranch, near the city of Santa Fe in New Mexico, where they were filming the movie Rust. Joel Souza, 48, the film's director, was also hurt and spent several hours in hospital, but was released later the same evening. Police have disclosed few details about the shooting, saying only that ... "

Love the headlines.

Misfire? really?

"Oh my: One dead on Alec Baldwin set over prop-gun "misfire" (Updated)"

---

Alec Baldwin "Discharged" Prop Gun That Killed 'Rust' Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins & Injured Director On Set

The castmember, now identified as Baldwin, was unaware of the type of ammunition in the gun, we're told. A rep from the production said that "Production has been halted for the time being" on Rust and that "the safety of our cast and crew remains our top priority."
Remember, guns don't kill people -- gun control advocates kill people

Last Edited:
Is Alec familiar with firearms, or was he given some basic instruction?
This is NOT his first movie with firearms involved however I highly doubt he has ever been given any instruction, or if he did his arrogance and narcissism most likely precluded him from ever taking it seriously or learning anything from it.

My guess. It was a scene where he pointed the gun towards the cameras. If you have ever seen a behind the scenes, you'll notice there are tons of people behind the camera.
This is true and a likely possibility and if it was in fact what happened then then the movie industry is guilty as a whole for failing to follow the rules of firearm safety. They are obviously not taking it seriously or have the deluded illusion because these are 'prop guns' they are not necessarily 'real' and not capable of causing injury or death.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top