JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It seems to me...

That it would be best to not mix and match firearms.
Keep one for only "stage work"...and a separate one for "recreational shooting".

And just like wives and girlfriends...may the two never meet....:D
Andy

One thing that's bugged me from the start.

Why was there ANY real ammo anywhere near the set?
That's what is going to make the negligence lawsuit so much easier. One of the (unsubstantiated) rumors circulating (and probably true) is that set staff used to live fire the weapons off-hours for fun.

That's what is going to make the negligence lawsuit so much easier. One of the (unsubstantiated) rumors circulating (and probably true) is that set staff used to live fire the weapons off-hours for fun.
Sounds like a bunch of liberal Californians with little to no gun handling experience playing with them while away from their overly restrictive state.

Sounds like a bunch of liberal Californians with little to no gun handling experience playing with them while away from their overly restrictive state.
Agree and if you look at the many photos of the armorer, as well as the crew, they look to be "playing cowboy" a lot. Nothing wrong with that as long as they are using firearms safely. To non-gun poeple they probably think of the guns as a toy.

My guess is an idiot crew member, or scab crew member, was playing with one of the guns shooting it and forgot it was loaded and put it back on the rack with the others. Then neither the prop person, nor assistant director, nor balwin checked the chamber. And of course balwin pointed the gun right at the camera and the person behind it. Multiple failures/negligence by poeple with no respect for guns it looks like to me.

Some background for those of y'all that care, especially after skimming the thread. I worked as a professional stagehand for 11 years in my prior career.
With regard to your experience did you ever find that guns (and other weapons) used in movies to be somewhat 'trivialized' or otherwise not taken seriously by the actors?

My point being I somehow 'get the feeling' that with extreme anti-gun actors they might only see the 'prop' (real or otherwise) as inconsequential, and not 'worthy' of their care or consideration - especially with safety. I have often wondered about this in general and not just because of this issue.

1) "There's also this ... one source who was on set and familiar with the goings-on of the crew tells us that when cops showed up, they found live ammo and blanks were being stored in the same area -- another possible explanation for how an actual bullet slipped got in the gun."
This goes from mere negligence to egregious negligence. When I was in the Gunsmithing program @ Lassen Community College no live ammo was allowed anywhere in the shop and this is S.O.P. in any situation in which people are handling firearms.

2) "If he doesn't get criminal charges he's still going to get his arse sued off by the relatives of that woman in civil court."
And so is everybody else who had anything to do with it. The ambulance chasers are rubbing their hands over this one. It will be the source of income for legions of lawyers who aren't even born yet.

3) "Still despise the guy but this is not what i wished for him. (That had more to do with vultures eating on him, but that's another post)"
Eaten alive by pigs is another nice daydream...

4) Thell Reed's daughter must have been around guns since she was born. Gun safety should have been so ingrained that she couldn't forget any aspect of it
A news report expanded on point 1 above. That pistol had been used by some people who worked on the set to target shoot in their 'off' time, and that both live and blanks were found kept 'in the same area'. I still remove from the room any live ammo whenever I clean a pistol, shotty, or a rifle.

Now that the Gabbi saga is over I guess this will be the next thing reported on ad nauseum!

An ATF asst director stated that it appears that the dead lady had been shot with a live round (probably never checked or cleared after the fun times). Based on the fact that it went completely through her and struck the asst director.

Last Edited:
As to Alec Baldwin, I despise his politics and his anti-gun ranting and his vile comments. That said, I do feel for him because he will now live with the fact that he has killed someone, and it was an accidental killing of a friend of his. Its the thing that keeps us clearing every weapon we pick up, every time we pick it up. This should not be a humbling event for him, instead it should be a life-altering event for him. Killing someone who 'needs' killing and shooting a friend are 2 different situations and are not comparable to me.

Still despise the guy but this is not what i wished for him. (That had more to do with vultures eating on him, but that's another post)
I have to disagree on one point, it was a negligent killing that could have been avoided.

Seems the victim was a decent person (didn't have 18 criminal convictions). She also wasn't high on a toxic dose of fentanyl and resisting arrest for passing counterfeit currency. Yet, somehow, I don't anticipate seeing heroic murals of her likeness in every city across the country. Nor do I expect the shooter will see a day behind bars.

Last Edited:
Let the OP here be a lesson.

Sh!t happens ....it can happen to all of us.
When sh!t happens when handling firearms , it can be simple PITA , like a Remington Thunderbolt going click , instead of Pow...
Or it can be life threatening or deadly.

While most of us here at NWFA will not be in the same situation that Baldwin is / was in....
We do as a general rule , handle firearms often.

Check and re-check that what you are doing is safe....
And leave the sh!t happens moments to the appropriate times...like after eating at Taco Bell.
Andy

Let the OP here be a lesson.

Sh!t happens ....it can happen to all of us.
When sh!t happens when handling firearms , it can be simple PITA , like a Remington Thunderbolt going click , instead of Pow...
Or it can be life threatening or deadly.

While most of us here at NWFA will not be in the same situation that Baldwin is / was in....
We do as a general rule , handle firearms often.

Check and re-check that what you are doing is safe....
And leave the sh!t happens moments to the appropriate times...like after eating at Taco Bell.
Andy
No.
Sh!t does NOT {happen}.
First you Phuk up, THEN sh!t happens.

Joe

With the exception of several Obvious Trolls Obviously Trolling(the ignore function on this site works REALLY well!!!) this particular sh!t wouldnt happen to any of the people here.
Not a SINGLE one of you has given the slightest impression that you would, like the flaming Hollyweird lib-turds, cause this type of sh!t to happen through your general, or particular, phukuppery.

Joe

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews