JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
You can bet Traffic Court Floyd, Penny Hot Potato, Tina Kotex, Gin Rummy Burdick, and their ilk are preparing their howler monkey routine so they can propose a new law making live fire training mandatory for gun possession.
What's wrong with being trained prior to being able to possess a weapon capable of producing casualties with little effort? You need a driver's license don't ya

Sheesh, 3 previous accidental discharges, union crew leaves that morning and they replace with other crew, doesn't look good for whoever was running that show. Crew shouted "cold gun" when gun was not only hot, it was hot with real bullet instead of blanks! The "cold gun when it was actually hot" mistake happened 3 times earlier before this one.

Ridiculous negligence imo. If u don't take gun safety seriously and don't respect them, someone could end up dead.

View attachment 1055620View attachment 1055617View attachment 1055616

"WELL, THAT'S NOT GOOD: Alec Baldwin's Movie Set Was Plagued by Gun Misfires Before Halyna Hutchins' Tragic Death. "There were at least two prior incidents of a gun being misfired on the set of the upcoming Western film Rust in the days leading up to Alec Baldwin discharging a prop gun on Thursday that killed the film's cinematographer and injured the director. . . . He said Hollywood propmasters will 'only put the amount of blanks into the gun that are meant to be shot in the scene… They're pretty strict, they'll always yell out, "Gun is hot!" before they hand it over to the actor. However, the source who was on set when Baldwin discharged the prop gun on Thursday said the cast and crew were told it was a 'cold' firearm during the rehearsal as they were setting up the framing. And despite Baldwin having recently gone through a firearm-safety training session, the source said safety protocols were all but ignored by both Baldwin and the responsible production members." "

Hmm maybe foul play.. Baldwin having a fling with Halyna Hutchins and she threatened to spill the beans hurt the other guy to seem less obvious 🧐
That would be one helluva shot, since he only fired the gun once and hit two people with the same projectile.
I don't think many of us here could pull that shot off...

Driving is a privilege

Gun ownership is a right

Uge difference…
Ya beat me to it...

And let me be clear: I see no problem with being trained in the use of firearms, just as I see no problem with being trained how to drive a vehicle.
However, in the case of a right, that training should be at the request of s/he/it/they who is to be trained, and not as a directive from the State.

"WELL, THAT'S NOT GOOD: Alec Baldwin's Movie Set Was Plagued by Gun Misfires Before Halyna Hutchins' Tragic Death. "There were at least two prior incidents of a gun being misfired on the set of the upcoming Western film Rust in the days leading up to Alec Baldwin discharging a prop gun on Thursday that killed the film's cinematographer and injured the director. . . . He said Hollywood propmasters will 'only put the amount of blanks into the gun that are meant to be shot in the scene… They're pretty strict, they'll always yell out, "Gun is hot!" before they hand it over to the actor. However, the source who was on set when Baldwin discharged the prop gun on Thursday said the cast and crew were told it was a 'cold' firearm during the rehearsal as they were setting up the framing. And despite Baldwin having recently gone through a firearm-safety training session, the source said safety protocols were all but ignored by both Baldwin and the responsible production members." "
Well, there ya go, guess monkeys cannot be taught after all…. Emphasis added for clarification.

Did a little reading on Bruce Lee's son.

In that accident, a fake live round was created. It was a case with a bullet, no powder. Yet, and this is where the mistake was made, the primer was real. It was made so that the close up on the gun would show real ammo inside. Apparently, somewhere along the way during the filming the fake round was fired. It squibbed the projectile in the barrel. Then a blank was fired behind it.

Im not sure what era this was set in, but I was thinking perhaps cap and ball revolvers might be used? If that is the case, I'm curious if a wad of some sort might be used to create a "blank like" bang. I imagine that could kill if hit in the right place. Perhaps @Andy54Hawken might have some insight to black powder style blank use?
So with a muzzle loader or with a cap and ball revolver , making a blank load is easy....

Pour your powder charge..
Then put a felt wad...or a bit of newspaper / toilet paper over the power charge...
Prime or cap...
Fire....

And yes the felt wad or paper wad will exit with some force and at times smoldering....
Care must taken , just as when firing round balls or bullets.
Andy

I really hope this is trolling

A0223657-313F-4764-B649-B418710725B9.jpeg

Wondering if it was a .45 Long Colt, that could explain the 2-for-1…
Could... I have a piece that fires a .45LC, and I often shoot FMJs with it.
An FMJ bullet could very easily go through Hutchins' shoulder and hit Souza in the clavicle with enough energy to send him to the ER.

I knew as soon as I posted my reply, that someone would pull out Quigley Down Under. :s0140:
But I don't think very many of us here shoot like ol' Matthew Quigley...

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews