JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
That's not how firearm safety works. At. All.
Not directed @Gunner3456

There were a number of posts about the actor checking the prop. In theater, they have to trust a lot. If you make a movie about poisoning someone, do the actors test to make sure it is not real poison?
Do they trust the halter/harness will work?
That the stunt man will not hit them (Dave Batista suffered a broken nose making a Bond film)

There are many felony convicted actors. They can't even hold a real firearm. The Armorers are responsible.

I saw a tv show, probably Michael Bane, a while back talking about the production with weapons outside the USA. The prop houses often get destroyed weapons back. Those on the set will bring live ammo as they have no other way to ever shoot a gun. And there are usually hundreds of people involved.

--- ---- ----

@sobo made a joke about not making movies with guns.
But, for all the Anti's in the business, until they stop making movies and TV shows about/around/featuring guns, I can't believe their cause -- hypocritical.

--- --- ----

This event is a tragedy and it needs to be investigated by police as if it was some conservative white guy shooting 2 POC.
ie not like the investigations into the riots all summer.

Baldwin, being the anti-gunner he is, handles guns in the line of his professional work, but appearantly have never been taught the fundamentals of handling a firearm…

I wish him no ill, but at 63 years old, he apparently has zero common sense. Somebody send him an Eddie Eagle booklet…. So he don't off his next cinematographer…

Well, since it has become known that he was a producer, and therefore probably responsible for the budget, and therefore possibly for cutting the budget and hiring non-union people to replace the union people after they walked out - maybe yeah.
Maybe, yeah...
I usually try to not assign blame just because I disagree with or dislike a person or their views, so I will hold off on judgement until the facts come out. Even the "live" round may not have been an actual live round. Have to wait for the LE reports/investigation.
Typically, me, too. But he is a producer of the film, and so he bears a portion, and I would suggest a large one, of the blame (or credit) for what happens on his production company's sets.

He should have checked it out himself, made Damn sure everything was correct. I hope he goes up the river or at least gets sued to total poverty

@sobo made a joke about not making movies with guns.
But, for all the Anti's in the business, until they stop making movies and TV shows about/around/featuring guns, I can't believe their cause -- hypocritical.
Eee-yup! Hence my joke, which was meant to capitalize upon Hollyweird's hypocrisy.
I made sure that everyone knew it was a joke by my addition of "/sarc" as my conclusory statement.
This event is a tragedy and it needs to be investigated by police as if it was some conservative white guy shooting 2 POC.
ie not like the investigations into the riots all summer.
Agreed, but it probably won't be...

We have been dancing around it, but HE is the one that has taken a public position on firearms. If he had never done so, I would agree that we wait to pass judgment.

BUT, since the esteemed Mr. Baldwin seems to have no problem opining about firearms, the scrutiny and derision are much deserved.

I didn't read all 9 pages so I assume someone already posted this article about how there were 3 accidental discharges prior to the fatal shot and the regular union crew left the set beforehand due to poor working conditions. Sounds like they had multiple issues with safety etc especially having to do with firearms. Accident waiting to happen it sounds like. Here is article in case it wasn't already posted FYI:

8BB10498-6600-423A-86DE-7A661079639F.jpeg
EFC1354C-F484-408D-89BD-CD8245A1C718.jpeg

Last Edited:
On a tangent; I started to wonder what the impact would be if Hollywood severely limited making movies where guns play a primary role, such as many westerns, military conflict movies (other than historical), etc.

Would it benefit gun owners? I don't think so.

Most movies produced today have much less display of smoking tobacco. While there is a LOT of other societal pressure against smoking today and in recent past, there also is a LOT of societal pressure regarding guns, and has been for a few decades. Not having guns in movies and TV shows would probably have an impact on the popularity of the "hobby" of gun ownership and shooting.

Might not benefit gun owners, but it might make Hollywood a little less hypocritical. That's the only benefit I can see of it...

Jesus......Accidental (negligent?) discharges? You couldn't make this up. Anything else be coming out in the next 24 hours?

How about these dem controlled states make an emergency law that all actors, and any one else that ever touches gun on movie sets, must go through a formal gun safety/training class. The actors, etc, would pay for it themselves. Sounds like the perfect thing for those dem law makers in these states. They love that kind of bubblegum!

You can bet Traffic Court Floyd, Penny Hot Potato, Tina Kotex, Gin Rummy Burdick, and their ilk are preparing their howler monkey routine so they can propose a new law making live fire training mandatory for gun possession.

Sheesh, 3 previous accidental discharges, union crew leaves that morning and they replace with other crew, doesn't look good for whoever was running that show. Crew shouted "cold gun" when gun was not only hot, it was hot with real bullet instead of blanks! The "cold gun when it was actually hot" mistake happened 3 times earlier before this one.

Ridiculous negligence imo. If u don't take gun safety seriously and don't respect them, someone could end up dead.

AFE28E01-C58A-496C-A220-9EE22214A288.jpeg E707146D-21DF-4058-823F-09B0CDB2DEE7.jpeg 2883D5EB-70F1-4423-A8E4-43B85E39767A.jpeg

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads