JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to get all legal on you guys but:

Graham v. Connor

Was the force reasonable given the totality if the circumstances? Hindsight or information gained after the fact is not admissable.

SCOTUS ruled that police have to make split second decisions and can only be judged on the reasonableness of their force based on the information available at the instant event.

CCer's are not LEO's.

Yeah, I know there's a segment of CCer's that feel compelled to step up to the plate when bad things are happening.

I'm not one of them.

Husband and wife fighting in the parking lot, a bank robbery going on, a liquor store being held up etc. is law enforcement's domain...Not mine.

My response: I am armed for my family and me. I'm not a LEO and I don't owe the world...I'm not here to right the un-rightable wrongs...

Bad stuff happening is not up to me to correct just because I carry a gun.

Owing the world at the potential loss of my life, liberty etc., is a dem/commie attitude.

It seems people need to watch a video regarding mass shootings.

How do you tell if the person is the shooter: they are pointing the gun without any regard for anyone's safety at other people, they are also probably shooting.

How do you tell if the person is likely a law abiding citizen responding to help. They are using muzzle discipline, not pointing the gun at anyone, probably not shooting.

A split second of delay to assess the situation further could have led to this civilian responder still being alive and possibly could have aided the police as an additional responder (more is better often)

Sad all around.

That being said, if he was originally involved in the altercation because of gang affiliation, then get the heck out of their and put the gun away to avoid getting shot.

If unfortunately, police (in my experiences) are taught to treat everyone with a gun as a bad guy.... because you know only bad guys own guns in this country. Heck, 10% of the population of Washington state have CPL's.
Actual targets used in training.

A52E249D-3A74-4FC6-A466-5BB699F48DC6.png AAEEA454-B5FE-4C2C-B461-0ADAEEC6035B.jpeg 8AD9F221-8B54-4C7C-8035-0625999A0E41.png

A split second of delay to assess the situation further could have led to this civilian responder still being alive and possibly could have aided the police as an additional responder (more is better often)

I have several family members who are police officers, having talked to them about similar scenarios, none shared this sentiment. They have no knowledge of your training nor can I imagine the liability should you be involved in a shooting afterwards.

Keep in mind, you don't have a union representative should you actually shoot someone, you aren't awarded similar protections under the law, in a shooting either.

What if you volunteered the help, the police obliged and you were shot in the process, by the bad guy or another officer that was responding that didn't know you were helping? Is the first police officer liable? The second?

You and I might agree that by you volunteering to help you were knowingly putting yourself in harms way. Would your significant other? The courts (civil or legal)?

The individual involved in this case may have been involved in the shooting or in some way party to those involved or they may have been a Good Samaritan trying to help. I'm not sure we'll ever have an honest account of the situation given how politicized these issues have become.

As repeated by other users, as a CCW my duty is to me and my family. It's sad that's the world we live in now, but I think that's the reality of it and I'd rather not be the test of it, as this person may have found out.

Step in, help with your gun assistance..., and then it turns out you were helping the criminal...oh great, just great...you read the situation wrong...

One of the many reasons carrying for your family and you 'only' is your best response.

With the extremely rare situation, say a child is apparently being abducted, and even then it's a crap-shoot, would I step in....I'm not your 'huckleberry' nor a 'knight errant' but a guy whose legally able to carry without the mandate to defend society...

Those who ridiculously carry a CHL or LTC badge are ludicrously foolish wannebe cops...they are not and they should not , please quit pretending you are if one...you are though laughable in your pretense...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top