JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice - how do you like that gun? I came real close to buying one, but got distracted by something else. They looked like real nice builds (a little pricey, but nice)

The fit on the gun is spectacular. They didn't mangle any rivets or use beat to tar kits so I'm pretty happy with it. It's right up there with my home build battlefield pickup AK as far as "favorite AKs" go.

My new personal favorite in 5.45!
IMG_3025.jpg

I bought a mak90 back when they were on sale for $299 at Milne's gun shop in Medford. Chinese SKS's were on sale for $79 then, too. I ended up selling the mak a couple of years later during financial hardship. It was a lot of fun and I'd like to have one again.

I've posted previous pics before, but I just got the (Top Rifle) 22" Saiga back from the shop and
I've added a buffer as well as the Texas Weapon Systems "Dog Leg Rail".. less a visual aid (Scope, Red Dot..etc..) I still need some sort of US forearm, the TAPCO on I have just doesn't cut it, so I put the old one back on, I also intend on mounting a Bipod. I'd like to get some sort of shock absorbing stock, but I've yet to find one that's US made.

The bottom is of the 16" Saiga .308 with the ACE internal adapter and skeleton stock. Also, I've added an internal buffer. I'm still waiting on the DPH quad rail and the ACE push button folding mechanism. :s0155:

But these are my two safe queens. Yes, an AKM can be a safe queen. :D
I use and abuse my AR 15 like some do with their SKS or AK!

000_0010.jpg

Last Edited:
Here is my S-7.62x39. She isn't as purdy as some of the wood clothed Russians out there but she gets the job done.

Shown with a UTG quad rail. (It isn't the best, but it works)
Ergo grip
G2 double hook (internals)
Tapco Buttstock
and a Surefire mag.

000_0015.jpg

AK fan as well, 3 Valmet M-76, 4 Galil Golani, a Daewoo K2, Sig 556, Sig 556 pistol which uses the AK gas system. I don't know if the last three rifles could be considered a variant of AK, but since it uses the gas system, I just classify them as such. Joe

I have more than a few AK's. I love them all. From my first WASR to my Polytech Legend's and all in between. The ones that get shot the most are the underfolder's. Polish and Yugo's being the most prevalent.Milled are my favorites. I just bought a MAK 91, which is a post ban version of the polytech national match. Oh and the brand new Saiga's in 308 and 12 gauge. Easily brought back to the evil profile in a 922 compliant form of course.
So many AK's,So little time.

Zul, nice rifle!! Damn right it counts!! And I'll put mine up to back You up!!!:s0155:

2q3cge8.jpg
It didn't come outta the box like this. But refinishing this rifle was actually pretty easy and a bunch of fun.

I had a SWEET 7.62 PolyTech side folder I bought brand new in the box for $250 back in 1990... sold it to my brother in law a couple years later for $500... wish I had it now!!

I rekon Galil's count... they ARE an improved AK after all!! :D

Here's my .308... got my sights on a .223 Golani as well... then I'll get a couple more "proper" AK's as money/time allows!

FinishedGalil-3a.jpg

Jeh44 and Stomper.. after looking at your photos I might have to roll my tongue back up!

I've recently became quite interested in the Golani/Galil versions.
And if I could find an affordable 7.62 galil version.
Forgive my lack of knowledge on Israeli arms.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top