JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well..to be honest with you..this poor thing is still unfired.. Just got it.. I also have the original...:s0092:

Ha - same with mine. I ordered a bird cage for mine but haven't shot it yet. It looks good, but not sure what effect it will have.

Also, the bird cage fits my gun much better than the slant-brake that came with it. Better tolerances, I'd guess.

I love AKs.

Have a few and have had a few. I kinda get hung up on the thing "one is pretty much the same as the next" ...so I'm not much of a collector or connoisseur, just enjoy shooting them and think they're a fantastic firearm for their intended use.

AKMKP03.jpg

Hey guys, if I were to sell my Romanian SAR-1 right now, how much would I expect to get from it? Its decent condition, probably around 800 rounds through it. Havent kept up with the AK market for along time.

Hey guys, if I were to sell my Romanian SAR-1 right now, how much would I expect to get from it? Its decent condition, probably around 800 rounds through it. Havent kept up with the AK market for along time.

Do a search on Gunbroker.com to get an idea. AK's around here seem to be going for $600+ No telling what kind of krazy prices we'll see as we get closer to Inauguration Day.

I'll play.
My one and only (so far) is a new IO Inc, plastic furniture, got it a couple months ago for $499 at a local shop.

These things (IO Inc) are supposedly all US parts, which some may say it isn't an AK unless its made in __ (com-bloc country). Well whatever, an AK is an AK more or less, and I wanted to be sure to get on this bandwagon before it got away.

It has Tapco G2 trigger group, and plastic Tapco mag. I bought one used com-bloc steel mag with it from the store, and some Wolf HP.

Just recently ordered 3 new Bulgarian steel mags, and a 700rd tin of Romanian ammo, so there is my com-bloc stuff for it :).

I have yet to take this baby out, so looking for a good place that allows center-fire rifle in Portland metro area...

@ Linux Knight

I have the exact same gun and got it for the exact same price...Gun Broker perhaps? :s0131:
I love it, it's shoot great, have had ZERO problems with it, ran at least several hundred rounds through it, no matter what magazine I put in it, they all fit good and tight, no slop. Very nice buy in my opinion. It seems a little nicer to shoot than the Lancaster Arms AK I picked up for about $100 more.

Hope you have the same good experience.

@ wavo:
Yes it was The Gun Broker in Clackamas where I got it.
Only issue really, is the muzzle brake is missing. I'm looking around for a good one, seems like a few places online have the regular slant brake for $10 or so.
Should I try to contact GunBroker about it, or possibly IO Inc? Or just buy one?

Otherwise appears to be in excellent condition, mags all fit fine.
The Tapco plastic mag, when inserted, doesn't allow the mag release lever to "click", but it holds in there firmly. All of the steel mags "click" like they should.

Hey Linux Knight,
It's funny I had to go look at mine to see what kind of muzzle break it had, and realized it's just like yours as well. It needs a slant break or something, let me know what you find. I bet your best bet would be to get it from IO. I ordered a few mags from them and they were reasonably priced. I doubt the Clackamas Gun Broker would have them there. After I bought my AK I sent my house mate to buy the 2nd one (the one you got :s0114:) and they said the IO's were just a special one time thing since they were out of their regular WASR type AK's.

I'm sure once you start inserting mags and use the gun it'll loosen up a little bit, some of my mags are VERY tight and I was concerned if there was such as thing as too snug, but they've all fired fine :)

I have several AK. They seem to be the rifle I shoot most often these days. I prefer the Yugos. They seem to be the best design and construction of the breed.

Anyone wants to put together an PNW AK shoot, please count me in.

@ wavo (or anyone else who might know):
One other thing- on the IO Inc website (and others that talk about it), I couldn't find for sure if the barrel is chrome lined. The manual mentions something about the barrel having a chrome finish or something similar, but doesn't explicitly say "chrome lined".
Do you have any insight into this? Can I shine a light down the barrel and tell if it is chrome lined or not?

Note that these AK's from IOI are supposedly all US parts.

Wasr-10/63 here :D

Brand new for $450 at The Gunbroker in Woodburn...the day after the election, lol.

Shoots like a dream, especially if you've done nothing but shoot old worn-out military ARs for the past two years or so.

(don't get me wrong, the AR's all fun and stuff...I just get lazy and don't wanna clean it between each magazine)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top