JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking of discrimination and boycotts.....
Today, I went to Washington Square Mall and parked at the JC Penny's end of the mall. You know....near Dick's.

LOL....I had no desire to go into Dick's Sporting Goods.

Aloha, Mark

Speaking of discrimination and boycotts.....
Today, I went to Washington Square Mall and parked at the JC Penny's end of the mall. You know....near Dick's.

LOL....I had no desire to go into Dick's Sporting Goods.

Aloha, Mark
Another retailer that was driven out of the gun business.......JC Penny.

Another retailer that was driven out of the gun business.......JC Penny.

I went into JC Penney today. That was actually the main reason for the visit to the mall. IMHO, JC Penney has fallen a long way (I worked there long ago) and if it fails.....so be it.

I saw two female employees that were wearing long black coats covering their typical red attire that everyone else (associates) is wearing. It was as if, they were trying to hide from the customers. They seemed to be following each other in and out of the dressing room making no effort to pick up the clothes that had fallen to the floor and/or were draped over racks (not on hangers). At one point, I also saw one associate dragging a dress along the dirty floor.

Additionally, I saw two other female employees that were pushing a clothing rack. Really, two of them to pushing one rack. One was dressed in gray and one in black. Just guessing from the headdress, it's probably a religious thing. Maybe, the color of their clothes is also religious thing too? So, no red, like what the other employees are required to wear. At first, I thought they were thieves pushing the rack full of clothes as they were approaching the door. But....maybe that's just me.

Then, OK, Ok, ok.....maybe, it's because it's the weekend. But, there were hardly no employees on the floors straightening things up. Example: Shoe Dept. I observed that the women's shoes were haphazardly strewn all over the sales floors. Looking across the isle at the men's section. Well, things were much better. LOL....maybe, it's more of a comment on women and their shopping habits? So, moving along.....

Restrooms.....OMG! I was at the elevator looking at the store directory (looking for a restroom). In writing it said that women's restrooms were located on the second floor and men's restrooms were located on the first floor. But, the picture symbols next to the words indicated that both men and women's restrooms were on both floors. So, I went looking on the first floor for the men's restroom. I found a woman's restroom. There was a sign above of the door, prominently displayed. As for the men's restroom.....OMG.....I was having trouble find it.....and it was getting closer to that time. Around and around I went. I saw, no prominent overhead signs. So, I asked the first male employee I found. His response was, "Sorry, I don't know, it's my second day here." He called out to a female employee and she responded where it was. Really....that was so discreet. Anyway, I finally found the men's restroom. It's in the corner.....no large overhead sign. Only "restroom" above the door header.

So then......JC Penney. Yes, good help is hard to find. And perhaps the ones you have aren't even worth that much. But, this is an honest review. What happens next, is your move.

Aloha, Mark

Discrimination is legal as long as it isn't applied to a protected group. 18-20 year olds are not a protected group. You are correct about race, sex, religon, and parties listed in the constitution.

What is interesting though, is that Oregon has a law protecting people from discrimination based on age for legal activities. If the provisions also allow for attorney fees to be paid by the offending party, I suspect some rather lucrative cases to evolve. WA sadly, does not appear to have a similar prohibition on age discrimination.

I went into JC Penney today. That was actually the main reason for the visit to the mall. IMHO, JC Penney has fallen a long way (I worked there long ago) and if it fails.....so be it.

I saw two female employees that were wearing long black coats covering their typical red attire that everyone else (associates) is wearing. It was as if, they were trying to hide from the customers. They seemed to be following each other in and out of the dressing room making no effort to pick up the clothes that had fallen to the floor and/or were draped over racks (not on hangers). At one point, I also saw one associate dragging a dress along the dirty floor.

Additionally, I saw two other female employees that were pushing a clothing rack. Really, two of them to pushing one rack. One was dressed in gray and one in black. Just guessing from the headdress, it's probably a religious thing. Maybe, the color of their clothes is also religious thing too? So, no red, like what the other employees are required to wear. At first, I thought they were thieves pushing the rack full of clothes as they were approaching the door. But....maybe that's just me.

Then, OK, Ok, ok.....maybe, it's because it's the weekend. But, there were hardly no employees on the floors straightening things up. Example: Shoe Dept. I observed that the women's shoes were haphazardly strewn all over the sales floors. Looking across the isle at the men's section. Well, things were much better. LOL....maybe, it's more of a comment on women and their shopping habits? So, moving along.....

Restrooms.....OMG! I was at the elevator looking at the store directory (looking for a restroom). In writing it said that women's restrooms were located on the second floor and men's restrooms were located on the first floor. But, the picture symbols next to the words indicated that both men and women's restrooms were on both floors. So, I went looking on the first floor for the men's restroom. I found a woman's restroom. There was a sign above of the door, prominently displayed. As for the men's restroom.....OMG.....I was having trouble find it.....and it was getting closer to that time. Around and around I went. I saw, no prominent overhead signs. So, I asked the first male employee I found. His response was, "Sorry, I don't know, it's my second day here." He called out to a female employee and she responded where it was. Really....that was so discreet. Anyway, I finally found the men's restroom. It's in the corner.....no large overhead sign. Only "restroom" above the door header.

So then......JC Penney. Yes, good help is hard to find. And perhaps the ones you have aren't even worth that much. But, this is an honest review. What happens next, is your move.

Aloha, Mark
I haven't been in one for probably 4 decades but I know they have been near death several times. In my experiance with retailers like Walmart (that we frequent more) the stores seem to take on the flavor of the community they are in. The ones in bad areas are poorly managed, dirty and disorganized where stores with better zip codes are the opposite. I worked my way through collage selling cameras and later guns at Kmart. We had frequent inspections (akin to the military) and I am sure at that time a store found in that type disarray would immediately have a new manager and management staff......so, I don't understand it.

While no one might have been drafted in the last 40 years, my son had to register for the draft less than two years ago, when he turned 18.
Because they can still bring it back. Whether or not they will... High chance they won't, there's no need for it. Or at least they don't see a need for it.

I am glad he is on here looking for 18-20 year olds that he can help with this BS rule... as i said in my other posts if these corporations are allowed to keep doing this with no fall out or push back then it will not be long before the state changes the law to 21 and up.

all persons within the jurisdiction of this state are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation, without any distinction, discrimination or restriction on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age if the individual is of age, as described in this section, or older.

Can we please return to the Original Thread Topic of
Age discrimination at Dick's , Walmart , Fred Meyer and Bi-Mart...

We also need to not have talk regarding the issuing of hunting licenses for the lawyers and the homeless or any other group or person...at the very least its in poor taste...Does not reflect well on us as a whole here at NWFA etc...
We also need to watch what we say as it can be used against us at a later date

Thank you,
Andy

The point of my post is that by requiring registration for the draft, the Federal government had determined that all males of 18 years of age are considered eligible to take up arms in defense of the nation. Not age 21.

18yrs_3-2-2018_homepage_950x290.jpg
Brownells new banner on the homepage. Love it!

Why is no one protesting the federal 21 year old minimum handgun exclusion? I think many people here just like to hear themselves talk. When you look at the bottom lines of the offending companies at the end of the year......there will be no difference. Most of you offended gun ho protesters don't do the shopping for your families in any event. Good luck getting your wife to drive another 5 miles for products with higher prices.

Why is no one protesting the federal 21 year old minimum handgun exclusion? I think many people here just like to hear themselves talk. When you look at the bottom lines of the offending companies at the end of the year......there will be no difference. Most of you offended gun ho protesters don't do the shopping for your families in any event. Good luck getting your wife to drive another 5 miles for products with higher prices.
I do my own shopping. If I let someone else do it they would get the wrong cup ramen. Nah, I just like making sure I don't get bad fruit or veggies. As well as the right bread. Now if I could find a way to not run out of lard and eggs so damn fast.

But as for handguns I do not like it being 21. But that law was made I wasn't even born. However, in my state if a sheriff would be willing to grant the purchase permit an 18 year old can still buy a handgun from a private party.

I do my own shopping. If I let someone else do it they would get the wrong cup ramen. Nah, I just like making sure I don't get bad fruit or veggies. As well as the right bread. Now if I could find a way to not run out of lard and eggs so damn fast.

But as for handguns I do not like it being 21. But that law was made I wasn't even born. However, in my state if a sheriff would be willing to grant the purchase permit an 18 year old can still buy a handgun from a private party.
You are an exception (we already knew that) but 70% of a family budget is spent by the wife in typical families. I bought my first handgun at 18.......before the law changed. The main thing I am calling for here is more responsibility on teenagers families in making sure there kids are responsible and stable before unleashing them on the rest of us. Guns are not the only issue there either, cars, alcohol, the common issues teens have trouble with. Parenting is woefully lacking in today's society and that is the root cause of many of these tragedies.

He wasn't inconvienenced, in fact he would be proud to serve. I was pointing out that the government feels that 18-year-old males are expected to serve in the armed forces if the country needs them, so denying them the right to own a firearm at that age is a contradiction.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top