JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Walmart sent out an email a few hours ago stating they are changing the age to purchase firearm to 21.
Plus will be removing all assault style rifles from stores. Even airsoft/B.B. gun assault style guns.

They are now also on my list that I Will no longer spend my money at.

"Going forward, we are raising the age restriction for purchase of firearms and ammunition to 21 years of age. We will update our processes as quickly as possible to implement this change," a statement said.We are also removing items from our website resembling assault-style rifles, including nonlethal airsoft guns and toys," Walmart said. "Our heritage as a company has always been in serving sportsmen and hunters, and we will continue to do so in a responsible way."

Serving sportsmen and hunters my bubblegum. More like appealing to the left.

Last Edited:
Wife worked for Albertsons for 32 years now works for Safeway. Wanna guess how many times a year I am in a Walmart LOL. Screw them

Walmart sucks. My wife used to work there. Remember when they promised that by 2017 all their employees nation wide would get a pay raise to $12/hr minimum? Ya that never happened. They keep people limited to part time, keep wages down, and did indeed encourage employees to utilize welfare. Most of her coworkers were shocked she was married, and married to her son's father no less :rolleyes:

I used to give Walmart the benefit of the doubt. But I saw how they actually treat employees. I say screw em. She works now for a sporting goods store half mile from home. Better pay, better hours, better coworkers, better discount. Company sells lots of gun goodies. Lots of ARs, and no way they are caving to leftist pricks like limpDicks Sporting Goods.

How come on guns it's ok to discriminate by age? The reasoning is some of these shootings are done by under 21s.
Let's see, I'd guess most mass shooters are white. Is Wal-Mart gonna stop selling guns to whites?
Don't the Muslims have a little problem with terrorists amongst them?
I don't hear anyone talking about stopping gun sales to that group.
This doesn't make sense from a side that is always against any form of profiling.

Age discrimination
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Pub.L. 88–352, 78 Stat. 241, enacted July 2, 1964) is a landmark civil rights and US labor law in the United States that outlaws discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex or national origin.

But wait - you are thinking then why 18?
Perhaps, except when codified in the law?

But wait - if you are under 27 just try and rent a car. 18 can legally enter a contract - the age for car rentals is the private business' That has been around for decades.

I had the same thought - but I don't think you will win the law suit.

They also want to drop the voting age ...

Personally, someone in the military should be allowed to own fire arms, consume alcohol, consume tobacco and vote - what ever their age.

Age discrimination
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Pub.L. 88–352, 78 Stat. 241, enacted July 2, 1964) is a landmark civil rights and US labor law in the United States that outlaws discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex or national origin.

But wait - you are thinking then why 18?
Perhaps, except when codified in the law?

But wait - if you are under 27 just try and rent a car. 18 can legally enter a contract - the age for car rentals is the private business' That has been around for decades.

I had the same thought - but I don't think you will win the law suit.

They also want to drop the voting age ...

Personally, someone in the military should be allowed to own fire arms, consume alcohol, consume tobacco and vote - what ever their age.

That's federal law, what we're talking about is state law, ORS 659A.403 - Discrimination in place of public accommodation prohibited - 2015 Oregon Revised Statutes

Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, all persons within the jurisdiction of this state are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation, without any distinction, discrimination or restriction on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age if the individual is of age, as described in this section, or older.

(2)Subsection (1) of this section does not prohibit:

(a)The enforcement of laws governing the consumption of alcoholic beverages by minors and the frequenting by minors of places of public accommodation where alcoholic beverages are served;

(b)The enforcement of laws governing the use of marijuana items, as defined in ORS 475B.015 (Definitions for ORS 475B.010 to 475B.395), by persons under 21 years of age and the frequenting by persons under 21 years of age of places of public accommodation where marijuana items are sold; or

(c)The offering of special rates or services to persons 50 years of age or older.​

It's age discrimination, pure and simple. Class action lawsuit should fix them. They should have their FFL revoked. No guns, no ammo sales. That should soothe their fragile sensibilities.

Interesting. But, not sexy enough.

I would figure that the SCOTUS is more interested in a case of forcing people to bake a gay wedding cake vs a gun case.

Aloha, Mark

The only thing Walmart has in common with guns is be sure your wearing one if you dare enter after 11pm at night.

I can't belive there all doing it. I used to buy a lot from bimart and even some from Fred Myers.
This is only helping further the push to change the laws.
If you can join the military at 18 then you should be able to buy a freaking rifle at 18. This is beyond ridiculous.

I will start with this. I hate new laws they are all stupid!!!

But we have to keep in mind that things are changing. 18 year old kids are not the same maturity as we all were when we were that age. As for the military thing. I served and I know that feeling but there are kids out there at the age of 20 I wouldn't want handling a gun.

Again just a thought and I hate new laws!

The LEFT has successfully indoctrinated a lot of those kids through the, "public education system."

Yup.....I guess I saw it coming. It really gained momentum during the VN War. And, appeared to solidify with the election of Clinton. Maybe for some of you, the observation came later. But please understand that, I grew up in the Democratic People State of Hawaii.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews