JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have advice on options to sell a bunch of reloading components?
Mostly handgun but 30% rifle stuff
100,00 primers
60 lbs power
Several thousand Hornaday XTP bullets in 9mm, .357, .44, .45 colt, 10mm, 7mm, 7.62

Will sell some on this site but don't want to do a hundred different meet up's to exchange and was thinking of doing a table at a gun show.
Just looking for some suggestions and advice.
Thanks

You could do a show but that could cost more than you'd make. Another option is do lot sales of items that go together. You could also set a day a side to be somewhere for people to come to you to get it or multiple meetings at the same location at different times. But really how you want to do it is up to you.

Try the gun show table thing, and maybe dump the remainder off at an auction house. I assume the primers will be first to go no matter what venue you choose, so charge full price. Hopefully that pays for your time and investment. The auction scene can be hit or miss, but at least no leftovers to bog you down. If you've timed it right, a summer auction will be well attended.

100,00 primers
60 lbs power
Several thousand Hornaday XTP bullets in 9mm, .357, .44, .45 colt, 10mm, 7mm, 7.62

Will sell some on this site but don't want to do a hundred different meet up's to exchange and was thinking of doing a table at a gun show.
Thanks
100,00 primers
60 lbs power

Thanks
You could have minimum purchase amounts to cut down on meet ups. And have the buyers meet close to you so you don't have to drive far. Price the primers, powder and popular bullets on the high side and good prices on the less popular items. You don't want to get stuck with the harder to sell items.

You might consider selling items in batches.

Do a show if you want to save time and hassle meeting people. 100,000 primers will be like $7,000 at $70 a thousand. It will be the most efficient way to sell it and what you have left you can dump easy to other dealers.

I'm not sure what private gun stores are in your area but I'd call them. It will most likely NOT get you the maximum $$$ return but may offer a quick hassle free one and done way to move everything. If you invest your time and split it up you may get more cash out but it will require answering more questions, more calls, and you will likely wind up with some components in the end. Selling in today's crunch will assuredly have everyone trying to negotiate prices blah blah blah. It really comes down to how much time and effort you're willing to invest to move the items. Decide what your time is worth and go that route.

As another mentioned if you go to a show and do not want to sit all day? Chances are another dealer will offer you cash up front for it all. Will all depend on how much you want to get out of it. If you want to spend the day? Price it at going rate and later in the day drop it to what it takes to move it. Cost of the table will be nothing to what you will end up with. You should have an easy time of making sure you come home with nothing but a pocket full of cash. ;)

I would list it here or in a type of newspaper (Hard copy that has an online deal too.) in your area that has all kinds of things for sale.

Can you do a garage/estate/moving type of SALE and have one or more friends with you @ your home while you have the sale? You would not have to MOVE IT here and there and just have a designated garage or room or SPACE for your items for sale.

You might not have to wait a full day for ALL OF IT to sell since people may even want to BUY from you BEFORE the day of your sale IF they want something special or the ENTIRE LOT - some 'buyers' do this often from what I gather. They will CALL you and ask you if they can come over early. You can agree to this or not.

The BUYERS COME to YOU.

That way, you will not get tired of meeting people even for a short drive (Fuel costs!) and some of them might not even SHOW UP or 'string you along' with NO intentions of really buying any item from you.

I would NOT do the sale all ALONE in a garage or home unless you KNOW the people coming into your garage.

A yard sale even with a tent - canopy might present problems due to snow and rain in your area but it could work depending on the DAY.

You could have a table at a gun show but you might need another person THERE to keep an eye on things especially if you need to use the restroom. Some dealers and NON dealers do BUY from each other BEFORE a gun show even starts too! I have heard of that too.

Do you know any gun stores who may be interested in selling your items ON CONSIGNMENT or do a full BUY OUT?

What about PROFESSIONAL licensed reloaders looking for products?

What about regular reloaders who are ON this forum or ones who may read your ad in a paper?

When my husband sold some reloading products including a few dies AND some FACTORY CF and RF ammunition over the years that he was NOT going to use due to MANY firearm caliber changes and consolidation and due to going from RN to MORE HP RF ammo, our dealer and several of our close friends who WANTED and NEEDED some of his items bought them.

His prices were fair. My prices were fair. Most things were sold at our cost too.

Plus over many years, he and I gifted all kinds of gun stuff too.

So he asked people what they wanted and they could tell us or they could go into his boxes for magazines, books, holsters that he did not sell with a gun, etc. Plus some other things were gifted to shelters/soup kitchens especially ones that helped Veterans.

Best wishes to you.

Cate

Last Edited:
PS:

Original Poster,

I do not know what primers sell for in your area (If you can find any in stores or even online.) but if you have a fair price for them - I bet that you would sell all of them or most of them ON this forum.

My husband does not need or want any primers. I do not reload. He had them on hand BEFORE the craziness of several years - fake/real shortages.

My husband has NOT seen any primers for sale but ONE time in a ranch/farm store for several years, as in YEARS, around here - on this side of Western Montana. And that is for THIS time - run around stupidity going on with so called shortages!

The brand that he saw there was in CCI. I know because I asked him and I LOOKED at them in the bag.

This was many, many months ago. I CRS on the exact month!

They were NOT sold in large packages or 'bricks'.

He got one of each for his friend, he asked him if he wanted him to buy them for him FIRST, and his friend picked them up from us when he came to town.

Sold @ cost with the receipt and IN the bag. One pistol and one rifle for his friend.

My husband did not buy any for himself or go back to do this. Limits - 2 allowed. He did not want or need them so he LEFT them there.

But I bet that they were sold out FAST because the manager said that hardly ANYTHING came in and what came in were split up in TINY packages.

ADDED more here. My husband just got up for coffee and he told me that those CCI packages contained 100 primers in each pack. I thought that was what it was - 100 in each tiny package but I did not want to write this down WRONG to you. So that store ONLY ALLOWED you to buy 2 packages TOTAL and sold their CCI packs which only contained 100 primers each.

He almost ALWAYS (99%) bought his own primers in 1,000 (Brick?) and 5,000 (Sleeve?) packs. That is how I see them in his den. DESK/reloading bench on one shelf. If I used the words wrong in bricks and in the bigger package called sleeve - please forgive me.

He likes to visit gun stores at different times of day/evening just to LOOK so it is not only after his EARLY morning walk and gym time. He tells me what he sees in various stores and he knows some of the managers/clerks especially the older ones or regular workers.

Now, with VISTA's April 1, 2022 price increases in factory ammunition and reloading products... it will just continue ON just like INFLATION is with food, fuel, electricity, building products, all other products, RAW materials if they are out there, etc.

Best wishes to you with your sale no matter HOW you do it.

Old Lady Cate
ADDED more.

Last Edited:
If it's a lot of work to try and list it all separately, and your ok with having a lot of people come to your place, post here about a garage sale.

As another mentioned if you go to a show and do not want to sit all day? Chances are another dealer will offer you cash up front for it all. Will all depend on how much you want to get out of it. If you want to spend the day? Price it at going rate and later in the day drop it to what it takes to move it. Cost of the table will be nothing to what you will end up with. You should have an easy time of making sure you come home with nothing but a pocket full of cash. ;)
I was thinking that this would end up being the wholesale delivery for all the regular vendors. They'd be on those primers like seagulls on a McDonald's bag.

Make it known that to buy primers, one must first buy projectiles.

I was thinking that this would end up being the wholesale delivery for all the regular vendors. They'd be on those primers like seagulls on a McDonald's bag.

Make it known that to buy primers, one must first buy projectiles.
I agree, OP should limit primers to those who purchase a certain amount of other items or something like that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top