JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
if you put water in them you can use them like a magnify glass and make a fire if you know any other uses for survival besides the obvious plz feel free to add to the thread

some other uses i found from more internet surfing
Water container
Cover the barrel of a rifle in order to keep debris out
Use as a sterile dressing to cover a wound
Use as sterile gloves to tend a wound
Blow it up and use as fish bait
Blow it up and use as a bobber while fishing
emergency cap to keep heat from leaving the body
pillow

exactly how would you start a fire with water in a rubber?

you would only need what 10 rubbers to cover your fingers while not the rest of the hand. I'd rather put a couple pair of latex gloves in my kit.

Sterile dressing? rubber? how you going to hold it in place.

Fish bait? What kind of fish go after a Brautwurst sized food?

Bobber OK sure I can see how that would work until the hook touched it

Emergancy cap on WHAT? not getting a condom over my head and if you did how long before the thing cut off the supply of blood to the skin?

Pillow Ok not even going to think about that

so the instant the fire busts into flame the condom busts and puts it out COOL

By your logic, this wouldn't work either...

148090_Full.jpg

I think the intent of this thread was that a condom can be of multiple uses, uses minimal space and is very affordable and lightweight. All Mr. Hunter, here, is trying to do is find tools that have multiple uses. Instead of buying one thing for every task, why not buy one thing for multiple tasks? Condoms and trashbags are some of the most useful and underatted survival tools.

True, matches and magnifying glasses are better fire starters than a condom filled with water- but I can also point out many knives that are better than the knife on a leatherman multi-tool. A condom is just that, a "swiss army knife" of tools. They do many jobs fairly well and decrease the amount of overall weight and density of having to carry multiple tools for each job versus having to carry a tool for each task.

I think there are many much more practice ways of doing things but if you were totally screwed and didnt have your gear with you, its good to know you can use the old condom in your wallet to light a fire or wear as a hat. Though the bow-method seems like it would be a more reliable way to make fire. And there are a lot of things i can find in the wild that id rather use as a hat.

Just guessing here, but to use it as a fishing lure, i'd tie off the open end (so it didn't fill with water while being pulled along) while it was *ahem* limp, then have it drag behind the hook, thus hopefully looking like a waterlogged worm. Not speaking from experience though.

I don't think I will be rushing out to use a condom for the mentioned uses while camping, but for survival??? I don't see the harm in throwing a few in the kit. What if that magnifying glass breaks or you snag your last lure? Very lightweight and can be useful. Better to have it and not need it then the other way around. Besides, in a SHTF situation the last thing you want to deal with is child birth. Got that equipment in your kit???

Emergency cap ?? I don`t think a condom will stretch that far,however I have been accused of being a Pecker Head....

On the lighter side do you know why the Army issues camofladge condoms? So the enemy can`t see you cummin`

This thread reminds of the case of a baby boy being born without eyelids, they did a circumsion on him and used that skin for his eyelids. It went well but he did grow up cock-eyed

Makes sense. When you assert your authority over weaker people and form your own dictatorship within the borders of what used to be America, you're not going to want to catch anything from the spoils you seize from other communities. Don't be this guy.

The_Postman_43026_Medium.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top