JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
man i love opening a new can just to see what crawls out cuz it never ceases to amaze me lol its cool most of you i enjoy reading what your thinking but the reason i posted this was just to throw out ideas that condoms can be used for when in survival mode and of course to get some of those funny comments about the fact that it was a condom and where it went from their idk

so.....it seems to me the most useful task for the condom is to start a fire........too bad we live in the bubbleguming PNW. 80% of the year your bubblegum out of luck starting a fire with a condom

Actually, when we taught extreme cold weather survival we used condoms at night to urinate in and then tossed them out of a nice warm sleeping bag, called em arctic turnips! sounds funny but better than crwaling out of your frozen over hideout or shelter and then having to rewarm after pissing in the snow.

... a supply of Kotex® pads makes very effective compresses, esp. for larger wounds. Practice tying them in place w/ mini-bungee cords. A life saved could not care less about the brand name. Very effective mouth-filters in place of a gas mask.

Just a note from recent personal experience: It is surprisingly hard to find non-lubricated condoms in retail stores. I looked in two local grocery stores, including a Fred Meyers, as well as a Walgreens, and didn't find a single non-lubricated offering on the shelf.

Another thing, in a longer-term survival situation: You don't want a pregnancy on your hands! In all seriousness, if you were going to be in it for a long time and were lucky enough to have a female-bodied person present who wanted to have sex with you, a pregnancy would greatly compromise your survival prospects. Lots of medical/travel/food concerns come along with that. Just saying.

Josh

man i love opening a new can just to see what crawls out cuz it never ceases to amaze me lol its cool most of you i enjoy reading what your thinking but the reason i posted this was just to throw out ideas that condoms can be used for when in survival mode and of course to get some of those funny comments about the fact that it was a condom and where it went from their idk

Mark W. you must be a unimaginable bubblegum-tard. He makes a post with useful information and little humor and the first thing you do is jump on him.
Yes, it is possible to start a fire with a condom without dowsing the flame. I have done it before out of my own interest and to hone my survival skills.
Lighten up people.

Hahaha!!
I would agree, you can use a rubber for just about anything and some things you havent thought of.
People do cut them into thin strips and make flies for fly fishing out of them.
This is a good thread, even with the laughs. A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road...

OK - here is a somewhat weak but viable use for a condom - not sure if I'd bother but you could fill it with sand and use it as a sand bag, or you could cut the tip off and use it to hold your kotex in place over an arm and it would keep it dryer in the rain than just tying it in place. You could also use them on an udder when milking a cow and have a simple catch and carry method for taking the milk on the road with you. Just a few simple ideas.

Actually, when we taught extreme cold weather survival we used condoms at night to urinate in and then tossed them out of a nice warm sleeping bag, called em arctic turnips! sounds funny but better than crwaling out of your frozen over hideout or shelter and then having to rewarm after pissing in the snow.

So like with other uses in life.... It is fine and dandy, until it breaks, then you have fluid in places you dont want...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top