JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. He decides when we come in, and when we go out. Blessed be the Name of the Lord Forever.

As someone else mentioned I feel like half my likes came from Sgt. Nambu, and he seemed like a great guy.

Grass.jpg Welcoming.jpg

Would it be unpatriotic or even against the law if we were to purchase an American flag and each one of us sign it?? Then @Ura-Ki or @Caveman Jim could deliver it to the family.

A poster of an American flag, signed then framed might be a better idea

Excellent idea!!! I will pass this idea on to the family contact.
I've seen those flags made of wood and will dig into the process & if my abilities prevail I will build it.

Awww...Noooo!
I have been busy with work and family lately so I missed this news :(

I really, really hate cancer. That disease has robbed me of way too many people way too early. My condolences to Steve's family because of the void his passing will leave. Steve doesn't need our sympathy; he is in a place where he is without pain and enveloped by the love of God.

I try to remember something I heard a long time ago, an old Indian

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice"

The fact that we are all crying and Steve is rejoicing speaks volumes of the man and a well lived life.

Wow. At a loss for words right now as I finish reading all the heartfelt comments that were left here. I never had a chance to meet Steve in person, but I know from the words on this page that he was highly respected in our community and will sorely be missed.

I remember when I first read about his battle with cancer and sending Father, prayers for our friend. I also remember feeling a sense of relief when we thought that Sarge was out of the woods. My heart hurts for Sarge, his family and our family. God bless you Steve.

It is my sorrowful duty to pass on the news that our good friend SgtNambu has lost his battle with cancer and has passed away! Steve was a good friend to many here, we have shared many laughs and always enjoyed Steve's sense of humor, and wisdom, he will be missed greatly!
I knew Steve personally, he was a wonderful friend who was always kind and generous with his time, his sense of giving, and his infectious laugh, if you didn't leave with a smile on your face, something was wrong. Steve had been facing this battle for almost a year, yet he had the strength and courage to share his journey with all of us, and we in turn shared hope and prayers with him, something he was very proud of and would share all that with any who would listen, it couldn't have been an easy thing for him to open up about his battle, but he did! There is such a feeling of family here on NWFA, and we all will be feeling sad at the loss of such a friend. This family has lost one of its greats, and I am deeply saddened by his passing, but I know that SgtNambu is standing before our Lord and will soon pass through the gates of Heaven!

God Speed my friend, death isn't the end, only the beginning of the next journey!
Amen

Final details of arrangements for Steve will follow!
The post I read last week said he got the a ok from his doc ?

Rest In Peace, Sarge. I rejoice in the knowledge you are in Paradise. And I pray for peace for your bereaved loved ones left behind. God bless you, sir.

I thought the Sarge was a real great poster here. I was going to the Carson gun show because Lilhigbee had posted it up on the board. Sarge had said he was going to be there. I was looking forward to meeting Sarge. When I was at the show I got around to Lilhigbee's table and he said "Come here" and put me and Sarge together. Sarge was pretty happy with the neatest, unique, little old .22 rifle he'd just acquired. Happy to have met Sargent Nambu!

His last few months was a hellava battle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top