JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well goldarnit, so sorry to see this. I haven't read the whole thread yet but I will.
I was lucky enough to meet Steve a few times. I wish there could have been many more.
He was always there/here with an encouraging word, very often with wry humor just to keep it brotherly/personal.
If there's one thing I could say about him, he had class.. he was a classy fella and I'll miss him.

Steve had helped me on a couple projects, the moral compass was something that stood out for me.
Didn't see this until now, rest in peace friend you wont be forgotten, your lessons you shared either.

Damn. He was one of those only on nwfa characters. One who, before I signed up as a member, always looked forward to hearing his input and learning a bit of wisdom.

RIP Steve, you will be missed but I know the world is a better place because of you.

Does anyone know which type of cancer he was fighting? Being kind of a cancer junkie, it would at least let me know what he fought - I think we all know how he fought.

Moderator at www.cancerforums.net

It is how Steve fought. God was in charge and at the helm. This is the assurance that I have. He is awaiting the resurrection and safe in the bosom of Abraham. "There is no sorrow on earth that heaven cannot heal".

You can take that to the bank!

I don't know how I missed this announcement. I am devastated. Steve was a great guy. We never met in person, but we had many conversations here. I'm so glad he got to meet the twins. We're all mortal. We will all leave this earth someday. I think I'll be lucky if I can say I did it right, like Steve did. What matters is that we loved, and he did. I will miss him greatly.

Somehow just caught this this morning. Lost another good one. Never met the fella but his loss is felt, if only for the selfish reason that I wont get to meet him, or even see his "likes" or his occasional bits of real (the kind that you gain though experience) advice.
Ride the sky in peace.

Well folks, I received a reply from Stacie this morning she regrets to inform me that Steve's Memorial service in Vancouver will be a small and informal gathering with only a few invitations for our membership.
I do hope that I can represent NWFA but I cannot promise not to have a wet face during the affair.

If there is anything any of you wish for me to convey to the family, besides the obvious, please start a convo to express your wishes.

Dang it I can't seem to type right now.

Last Edited:
Thanks for standing in on behalf of NWFA members Caveman, we certainly appreciate it. I'm guessing it may be a bit much for the family to have a bunch of folks they haven't met themselves show up during a difficult service. I can respect that. Please express our warmest condolences and prayers to her and the rest of the family.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top