JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will do that.
She did say that she was making a slideshow that could post be posted here so I will be checking into that.
Will keep y'all posted. Maybe have our own short memorial for Steve at a park near Vancouver that day to hoist a beer in his honor, nothing fancy. I have no idea where or if you guys are interested. Let's hear some suggestions.:)

Thanks for standing in on behalf of NWFA members Caveman, we certainly appreciate it. I'm guessing it may be a bit much for the family to have a bunch of folks they haven't met themselves show up during a difficult service. I can respect that. Please express our warmest condolences and prayers to her and the rest of the family.

What he said^^^.

He joins my list of great people on here lost too soon. I miss all of them still.

Well dang, don't make me bring my boat down so that we can have a flotilla memorial for Sarge....:eek::eek::eek::p

Plus I'm talking about hoisting a beer, not a free for all, I'd risk it.....:p

All I saw was 'free' and 'beer'.

Okay, so free beer on the Caveman. I'm guessing he'll provide some good smoked Kokanee to go along with it.

What a great guy!

:p

20180520_201404.jpg My wife and I arrived about 20 minutes after the start at 1 pm and walked in at the end of the storytelling and the dinner bell was rung so I did not get to make a speech as planned.

I did meet with Etta, Steve's wife and she was so grateful that I was able to make it. I told her that the members from NWFA & SM offered their thoughts, prayers and support for her loss and that Steve touched so many lives there.

She lamented on and on about how Steve loved the blog (as they called it), would always show her posts and just burst into laughter all of a sudden. It was a good thing for him during the latter days coping with his life battle. She is such a caring lady. I mentioned that if she needed any expert advice for anything to please reach out to Ura-Ki or myself.

I did not get a chance to talk to Ian (his son) but engaged in good conversation with Stacie (his DIL), she is a card ill tell ya. She was the POC for the family and she too told of how Steve loved being involved with NWFA and Survival Monkey.

I did give Etta & Stacie a copy of my speech and asked that they read them at their leisure, they were thankful.

What a long day it was on the way home, 2 hours of stop & go traffic.

I am proud to had been chosen to represent the community with my limited abilities but was worth it to meet Steve's family.

Rusty, Etta said to tell you hello and sent prayers for your mother.

Last Edited:
Missed Steve by an hour at the Lucky Lab shindig a few months ago. He was the main reason I wanted to go.

He was always a gentleman, reasonable and insightful in what he shared, and funny as hell.

NWFA is certainly diminished without him, but also richer for what he instilled here in others.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top