JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It is my sorrowful duty to pass on the news that our good friend SgtNambu has lost his battle with cancer and has passed away! Steve was a good friend to many here, we have shared many laughs and always enjoyed Steve's sense of humor, and wisdom, he will be missed greatly!
I knew Steve personally, he was a wonderful friend who was always kind and generous with his time, his sense of giving, and his infectious laugh, if you didn't leave with a smile on your face, something was wrong. Steve had been facing this battle for almost a year, yet he had the strength and courage to share his journey with all of us, and we in turn shared hope and prayers with him, something he was very proud of and would share all that with any who would listen, it couldn't have been an easy thing for him to open up about his battle, but he did! There is such a feeling of family here on NWFA, and we all will be feeling sad at the loss of such a friend. This family has lost one of its greats, and I am deeply saddened by his passing, but I know that SgtNambu is standing before our Lord and will soon pass through the gates of Heaven!

God Speed my friend, death isn't the end, only the beginning of the next journey!
Amen

Final details of arrangements for Steve will follow!

That was a hard phone call, and I'm still not sure what to say here.

I had the pleasure of calling Steve my friend. I will miss him dearly. I wish I had more words, but I just don't right now. :(

RIP @Sgt Nambu. Godspeed, SIR!

Sarge you will be sorely missed... I'm glad you got the time with your grand children you made it you goal and got far and fought so hard rest now it's unfortunate I didn't get to meet you in person but we had alot of great convos my thoughts and prayers to your family RIP Sarge

Dang, this is sad... I dont think ive ever met him personally but I swear a third of my likes seemed to come from him. He was always pleasant on the forums and I had no idea what he was going through. Im a hardcore introvert and i cant help it but being welcomed in the forum by people like sgtnambu just keeps me going every day. May he rest in peace and may God welcome him with open arms. I also pray that one day I can be as cool to others as Steve was with forum members.

I had the pleasure of meeting @sgtnambu at the recent Lucky Lab meetup. We sat together for most of the night, and I felt privileged to hear a bit of his story.

As all of you I've met thus far, he was a strong, courageous, yet loving man. I'm certain I'm better for having spent even a little time with him.

RIP

I met Sarge on another forum. He was a decent man. His morals where strong, his love of country and family shined through in his posts. I will miss his teachings. My prayers go out to his family and friends as they deal with this loss.

When I read his post the other day about being in the hospital I was deeply troubled. It really bugged me and I kept hoping for a good outcome, but being the realist I knew it was not likely.

May the grace of our Creator bless you as you bend your knee to him and receive that " Job well done Sir, you may pass this western gate " . To his family he was a stand up guy. I never met him, had a few PM's with him and would have gladly driven to break bread with him.

If there is a service, please let us know and if within the length of my cable tow I would like to attend.

RIP.jpg
If only RIP was meant to read "Return If Possible"... Sgt Nambu

I believe that he was prepared to meet Jesus. This is all that matters. Our time on earth is transient at best. How we love our God and one another is what gives our life meaning.

Even now, I raise my eyes to the heavens and praise God For His gift of men like Steve. His pain is over and he awaits the resurrection.

PRAISE GOD IN ALL THINGS!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews