JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hopefully things come back and they get caught holding $40-50 boxes, that we can get for $10-15 again.
I'm sitting on and not been shooting hardly at all, but still payed my dues at the gun club to help them.

You were saying....

But they are entertaining. I just sit back with my coffee or beer and watch. :s0059:

Please educate me. If I wanted to sell a firearm, where could I advertise it for free to a large, local audience of potential buyers.
I wasn't satisfied by the "Let Me Google That For You" results. They kinda sucked but still makes a good point. Selling something is never free. Maybe a listing at your range or choice? The seller will always have to do some legwork.

Define large. Define local. This forum has a fairly small active group from what I see and it's locality is the entire nation plus other countries as we do have a guy from the UK here. Selling here isn't exactly "free" if you want to make more the X listings.

An FFL I know well likes auction arms for one. Free. He sells stuff for customers there all the time despite having no real storefront. You'll probably get a large local audiance just by putting an ad in your local paper or at your LGS.

I know if I drop something off at my LGS for consignment or just tell the other FFL about it word travels fast and covers probably 100,000+ people quickly. In a large city like yours it'll be a lot more and local!

Think outside the box. I know it's difficult and can hurt but it is a good thing.

Luckily I bought enough that I don't need to pay the gouging prices. Been reloading lately also. The high prices still irritate me, even though they happen every time a gun grabbing democrat takes power.

I to am irritated every-time an event makes gold prices jump. The high prices irritate me, even though I had a fair chance to buy gold last yr at the lower rates. People are bad people if they dont sell me the gold I want now at last yrs prices. AKA "The Gouger"

I've been getting unsolicited PMs from folks wanting to sell stuff too.

I'll be darned. You really get people sending you PM's out of the blue, offering stuff? Or are these people you've bought stuff from before who think you might want something they've gotten later. I'd be surprised to get that kind of message traffic.

Armslist...now that you have to pay to list, i noticed that WA state had over 60 pages of ads now after the change they only have 30...

Yes, Armslist is pretty dead these days. And, if I'm not mistaken, there is a charge for a potential buyer to message you. I've paid the $6.95 fee for a little while with very limited success.

I also have a hard time expecting anyone to ask less for an item than the market is willing to bear.

This. Time changes circumstances. People who bought stuff years ago and want to sell now at contemporary prices shouldn't necessarily be seen as pariahs. I'm thinking that if you sell at "good guy" prices, there is every chance that what you sell will be churned by the buyer at a higher price. It's unrealistic to expect seller no. 1 to want to potentially give that up.

As for the so-called flippers buying current production and quickly reselling. They likely have some costs beyond those which they pay for their product. Like driving all over Hell and half of Georgia to find stuff. And waiting in long lines to get and pay for it. Which some of us are unwilling to do.

One forum I used to visit years ago only let paying members post in the classified, they ended up with the same 15 to 20 people selling stuff. You could answer ads and buy just by being a non paying member but couldn't sell anything. The classified section was pretty slow.

Gunboards allows access to trader only after 20 "valuable" posts or something like that. You don't pay, but you have to contribute something to the threads. I guess the mods decide if it's something valuable. I like that model.

I'm not going to read through the last 4 pages, so if this is a duplicate my apologies. What about being able to filter classifieds by length of membership? Then if people want to filter they can. That's filter, not sort, just to be clear. Also I get that it's not perfect but it might be a lot less complicated and mostly address the issue for those who care. Just a thought.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews