JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Somewhere along the line this handguard and its fellow barrel nut got separated. There is no brand name on the HG so I cannot replace the nut.
Does this HG look familiar to anyone? It has 2 parallel holes on each side and on the bottom. 6 screws in all.
I'd appreciate any help.

9D6381B3-3149-4605-9548-D2354CE7571E.jpeg B8BC5229-37F6-46E1-97E7-FA193CCCD4E4.jpeg 2495CC50-579B-40A8-8200-2CC8F85E5B61.jpeg

The three indent pattern somehow looks a little familiar, but no idea where I might have seen it. You may have some luck picking up a steel nut from your local gunsmith shop and then drill and tap it.

Looks like a chinesium though and could be easier just to replace it with something of similar quality. (Although I really hate timed HG's)

IE:

I've had it around for so long that I just don't remember. Doubt I'll toss it out bc you know the very next day I'll come across a lone barrel nut in the bottom of a box………

This prezactly why I toss all of my miscellaneous AR pieces/parts in the same bin, so the don't get lost. Like my brain, some parts are just too small to be out on their own.

I don't know if they still do, but Tupperware® used to make what they called a blanket box; 14"x17"x 5" plastic box that is perfect for holding my AR 'spares' and extras.

Actually, I would avoid Optics Planet. I mean you can use them for research purposes, but I do not recommend buying from them. Optics Planet advertises and sells items that they do not stock. So, when you order from them. you are actually buying from somebody else, through them. And they commonly will email you back with an 'out of stock' note well after your order placement, when you think it's on the way already. Very frustrating.

Actually, I would avoid Optics Planet. I mean you can use them for research purposes, but I do not recommend buying from them. Optics Planet advertises and sells items that they do not stock. So, when you order from them. you are actually buying from somebody else, through them. And they commonly will email you back with an 'out of stock' note well after your order placement, when you think it's on the way already. Very frustrating.
I don't shop Cheaper Than Dirt nor Optics Planet.

I'm sorry, I thought you were asking where I thought that handguard came from. It looks like an optic planet handguard because I bought one a couple years ago. If you prefer, I guess it must be a BCM because you clearly only buy high class stuff! Lol.

I'm sorry, I thought you were asking where I thought that handguard came from. It looks like an optic planet handguard because I bought one a couple years ago. If you prefer, I guess it must be a BCM because you clearly only buy high class stuff! Lol.
Sorry did not mean to sound unappreciative. No matter what brand it is I probably won't buy a new nut for it. Guess I need to search deeper into my parts drawer. Your advice was exactly what I asked for and I thank you for that. My bad, sorry.

Interesting. I've bought from OP regularly for years and never had an issue.... so long as you pay attention and verify item availability. If it doesn't show "in-stock" I don't buy it no matter what the "expected" availability is.

IE.. 5-7days may turn into 6-8 weeks... or... never... and they will eventually cancel your order from their side.

Live and learn... "in-stock" only.

I've ordered 'in stock' items, only to have OP notify me a week or two later that it just went on backorder or not in stock status. At my usual places; if it is not in stock, you can't put it in your cart (electronically speaking).

And, what I was referring to as far as research; you can go on OP and find an item, then see from them who the actual manufacturer is. Then go straight to the MFR. or another vender.

I've ordered 'in stock' items, only to have OP notify me a week or two later that it just went on backorder or not in stock status. At my usual places; if it is not in stock, you can't put it in your cart (electronically speaking).

And, what I was referring to as far as research; you can go on OP and find an item, then see from them who the actual manufacturer is. Then go straight to the MFR. or another vender.
Hmmm. When I'm looking to research an item or searching to buy something... I always know who the mfg is before I search. I don't see how using OP to tell me who makes what it is I'm searching for helps. How does that work?

Just put in a generic description... IE., "AR-15 lapping tool" then see how many mfg's of an ar-15 lapping tool OP stocks to reseach further? It seems like a general internet search would produce more results than limiting it to only the brands OP carries.

Availability... I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but along with checking availiability on the items description page, it's also good to refresh your shopping cart and check it again right before placing your order. I've noticed it can change just during the time it takes to actually "buy" something. Especially on hot ticket/price items.. in-stock inventory and pricing can fluctuate by the minute.

YMMV

To the original poster, I was just teasing, if I had one of those I would gladly send it to you. The real problem is you might pay $25 for the nut, when you might buy the whole unit at all for 70.

To the original poster, I was just teasing, if I had one of those I would gladly send it to you. The real problem is you might pay $25 for the nut, when you might buy the whole unit at all for 70. Truth be known I ordered from optics planet and got my order in a week.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top