JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One issue I have that plays into this. I'm soon out of the reloading game. I have 25 sleeves of 1000 large and small pistol primers as well as 22 1lb jugs of unopened powder.

Unique, L'il Gun, TrailBoss and Titegroup. I have no idea what "Fair Market Value" is. If I look at what these things are selling for today, am I gouging? If I cut that by 25% am I fair or an idiot?

Probably going to take to my LGS and have him sell it for a 50/50 split. Less headaches.

Teach friends to reload? That might be one good use of it. I have plenty of everything and I give some to the officers here at work. I also offer to teach friends how to load on my equipment for their new firearms.

Jon

On the subject of gougers, I despise people who take advantage of others, but I also have a hard time expecting anyone to ask less for an item than the market is willing to bear. Growing up I was reminded constantly that an item is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it (usually after showing my dad values of my baseball cards in the Beckett). It's definitely upsetting when costs go up by double or more seemingly overnight, but who hasn't been told they should be stocking up on ammo for as long as they've been a gun owner? Most of my gun owning friends ignored my advice and now they're in a bad spot. Just kinda spilling my thoughts as they come, no real point :D

Can't wait till we get the ability to post auctions here, that should be interesting :)

All of the suggestions have good and bad points. Myself, I go in a different direction. I would like to see a feature added where the member profile would show how many other members have ignored you. When a flipper logs on and sees 24000 ignores, they might rethink their approach. B-)

elsie

What if this was not about ammo but it was about FOOD? Would we be happy with people marking up a can of beans several hundred percent? Would we just put them on the ignore list or just let them charge whatever they wanted and pass them by?

I think that some of us, or maybe just a few of us, or maybe just me feel that reasonably priced firearms and ammo are as important to this nation and its liberties as food is to the body.

On the subject of gougers, I despise people who take advantage of others, but I also have a hard time expecting anyone to ask less for an item than the market is willing to bear. Growing up I was reminded constantly that an item is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it (usually after showing my dad values of my baseball cards in the Beckett). It's definitely upsetting when costs go up by double or more seemingly overnight, but who hasn't been told they should be stocking up on ammo for as long as they've been a gun owner? Most of my gun owning friends ignored my advice and now they're in a bad spot. Just kinda spilling my thoughts as they come, no real point :D

Can't wait till we get the ability to post auctions here, that should be interesting :)

Asking what the market will bear is totally different than taking advantage of the inexperience/ignorance/stupidity (lumped together, but not the same.) of those who feel they are against a wall.

I wouldn't want to see anyone booted from this board. I wouldn't want to see it become a site that "nickels and dimes" you to death either.

But this board does provide a value platform for sellers. Is it unreasonable for the board to benefit in some way? A paid membership is not too much to ask for more than a few ads per month, is it?

I have no issues with the prices being asked. As has been said over and over again; "Don't like it? Move on". It just seems like some folks are doing more than just selling a few unwanted items. They actually have a "for profit" business going.

My father gave me a good piece of advice long ago, possibly unintentionally quoting Mark Twain, "The world owes you nothing." Clarifies a lot of things.

My parents and close mentors told me the same thing!

My late husband used to SAY those exact words too. I say the same thing.

Cate

I really don't understand why some people cannot learn to turn away. If you don't like the pricing, don't buy it! If you really need to add to your ammo inventory and are willing, buy it!
Just don't understand why the concept eludes some people.

I think it's the same reason the left has there social justice warriors. Same concept just different reasons. Still makes them look like whinny cry babies. The same people crying about ammo prices are the same people crying about people crying over cops killing people. They just want something to be upset about.

In normal times and instances it makes good sense to place an ad for as much as you can sell it for. Believe it or not there have been 1 or 2 reasonable ammo sales here in the last few days. I'm not desperate for ammo so I didn't call.

But unlike Craigslist, Gunbroker or the like, I can't see screwing over people while you may not personally know, but have a relationship with. I have met only thru some sort of sales transaction 4-5 members from the forums. Each time has been fair and a great experience.

For those one and done sellers. Hope it's worth it. But it's a small community. I like running into people I've done deals with because I don't screw people over.
It's just a shell game anyway.. if I sold my primers I wouldn't have any primers so..

I think it's the same reason the left has there social justice warriors. Same concept just different reasons. Still makes them look like whinny cry babies. The same people crying about ammo prices are the same people crying about people crying over cops killing people. They just want something to be upset about.

Oh, I see, in your eyes people upset about not being able to afford ammo, and venting about it are cry babies? Same as SJWs huh? I happen to have sympathy for the people can't find ammo. Pretty special person you are. You get to put people down for having an opinion on the current situation. Free speech for thee, but not for me? Bless your heart.

Oh, I see, in your eyes people upset about not being able to afford ammo, and venting about it are cry babies? Same as SJWs huh? I happen to have sympathy for the people can't find ammo. Pretty special person you are. You get to put people down for having an opinion on the current situation. Free speech for thee, but not for me? Bless your heart.
I think you may have taken his comment out of context a little bit. I may be wrong. Personally I agree with @Josh89

Im not restricting anyone's speech or telling them they can't opinions. I just think we all new this was coming and not being prepared for it and crying about isn't helping anyone. I was just getting into guns when sandy hook happened. I watched as all the stuff I wanted went way up in price. I didn't cry and bubblegum. I saved money and bought what I wanted.

ive seriously seen people on here complain about "cancel culture" then turn around and complain about how cheaper than dirt and other websites should be shut down. Well hate to break it to ya but that is pretty much the same thing.

Gotcha this for the vents
ee-vent-wrap-steadi-scent-air-fresheners-4-pack-35.png

Easy. Don't buy their sh**.

Word.

I sold a lot of .38spc ammo a few months ago at pre-panic regular retail. It was my choice, and it helped someone out.

Now....I have like 400 rounds of green tips. I'll probably never shoot them because my range doesn't like them being used. Today's pricing seems to be at LEAST a dollar a round. So if I list mine for that, am I ripping people off or is that what the new "regular" price is these days? And if @Joe Link will happily pay $1/round to get some but yet @v0lcom13sn0w thinks I'm gouging who is correct here? Should I NOT list them at today's prices so I don't hurt @v0lcom13sn0w 's feelings?

Of course, I pulled those names out of me arse, so no offense guys! :D

Ask what ever you want for your own property. IF it sells, two people are happy. Only people I see wining about "gouging" seams to be ones cought unprepared.

One issue I have that plays into this. I'm soon out of the reloading game. I have 25 sleeves of 1000 large and small pistol primers as well as 22 1lb jugs of unopened powder.

Unique, L'il Gun, TrailBoss and Titegroup. I have no idea what "Fair Market Value" is. If I look at what these things are selling for today, am I gouging? If I cut that by 25% am I fair or an idiot?

Probably going to take to my LGS and have him sell it for a 50/50 split. Less headaches.

Sell for what ever you want. (Unless you have some Varget, then $25 a lbs for me!) The whole "gouging" threads are so played out. The posters of "gouges are bad people" just 6 months ago were upset seeing a brick of primers for $75. Now those same peps would think anyone selling their $300 brick of primers for $75 was a saint. It's all perspective. Your not selling baby formula post a hurricane, your selling a discretionary item that no one needs to sustain life. Price as you wish its your property.

Example anyone: I want to buy 100 oz of gold at last yrs average price of $1300. NOT the current $1900 price. Your a bad person if you wont take a $60k loss and sell it to me at last yrs price that I COULD have bought at but did not, I instead bought a new pick up truck, 8 new guns, 4 suppressors and dropped stacks at the local bar on crappy Crown and Cokes for everyone. BUT your a BAD person if you don't sell me what I want NOW at last yrs prices. :rolleyes: aka. The "gouger"

The more the merrier. I believe we need to be as inclusive as possible. Some, hopefully all, of newbys will develop into stronger members of the community. "Come one, come all" I say.

Word.

Ask what ever you want for your own property. IF it sells, two people are happy. Only people I see wining about "gouging" seams to be ones cought unprepared.

Sell for what ever you want. (Unless you have some Varget, then $25 a lbs for me!) The whole "gouging" threads are so played out. The posters of "gouges are bad people" just 6 months ago were upset seeing a brick of primers for $75. Now those same peps would think anyone selling their $300 brick of primers for $75 was a saint. It's all perspective. Your not selling baby formula post a hurricane, your selling a discretionary item that no one needs to sustain life. Price as you wish its your property.

Example anyone: I want to buy 100 oz of gold at last yrs average price of $1300. NOT the current $1900 price. Your a bad person if you wont take a $60k loss and sell it to me at last yrs price that I COULD have bought at but did not, I instead bought a new pick up truck, 8 new guns, 4 suppressors and dropped stacks at the local bar on crappy Crown and Cokes for everyone. BUT your a BAD person if you don't sell me what I want NOW at last yrs prices. :rolleyes: aka. The "gouger"
Luckily I bought enough that I don't need to pay the gouging prices. Been reloading lately also. The high prices still irritate me, even though they happen every time a gun grabbing democrat takes power.

Ultimately I agree with Joe and the premise. It should be understood though, that the easier it is to flip ammo, the longer the 9am lines will be, and this site is making as easy as possible. There is no correct answer here, only opinions.

I just think we all new this was coming and not being prepared for it and crying about isn't helping anyone.
The seven million new gun owners didn't know this was coming, nor do they deserve it. And undoubtedly, there are millions of gun-owning Americans who could not afford to start stockpiling ammunition pre-pandemic, pre-civil unrest and pre-election stupidity.

Seems as though anyone who even brings up the issue of ammo unavailability or prices is "whining" or "crying."

Anyway, it's hard to respect the guys selling 9mm FMJ for a dollar or more per round. I'm selling off ammo, mostly to guys I work with, and to a few friends of my kids' but pretty much for what I paid for it (OTD, with tax) in an effort to give to my community. I'm sitting on enough ammo that if I flipped half of it by advertising on-line, I could buy a new truck with cash. But I'm more interested in helping out those truly in need.

By the way, tying the ability to post classifieds to post count (speaking of post count, I've been here from the beginning but have always believed in read more, post less, so don't judge me by my meager post numbers), website donations or length of time on the board seems a tad discriminatory but mostly doesn't recognize the fact that most members can probably detect the gougers and those who use the forums only to make money.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews