JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ive seriously seen people on here complain about "cancel culture" then turn around and complain about how cheaper than dirt and other websites should be shut down. Well hate to break it to ya but that is pretty much the same thing.

I'm calling BS, show me where anyone says CTD "should be shut down". Personally I think any buy from that s-hole organization is an idiot and deserve what they get and so do many other but no one is saying they should be "cancelled".

Don't buy their shiit and keep scrolling. You realize that just makes the rest of our prices more appealing, right? Your attendance here is not predicated on your contributions or the stimulating quality there of. Non contributing members are just as welcome as Diamond and lowly Gold supporters like you and I. If you're upset you don't get enough benefit over a non contributing member, that's a personal issue. Our perks are clearly outlined in the subscriptions particulars, but it sounds like you're upset these plebeians get to occupy the same forum as you. If they weren't asking what YOU would consider gOuGiNg prices, you'd have no issue with them being here, I figure. Just another color square avatar. For all you know they could very well transform into a Diamond supporter and do clean ups every weekend. Unlikely, but possible.

Lighten up Francis, It's the internet.

EDIT:

I just upgraded to Platinum so now that I contribute more, can I complain about other lower tier members not contributing enough?

Why a sad day? Because people can't leave laughing face emojis in the classifieds? I'm personally glad that Joe removed that, keeps the drama to a minimum.

Been said a MILLION times, don't like the asking price just move along.............
That last part. Too bad the same 'rule' is not applied to speech here....especially when the name who shall not be named is mentioned in context with a discussion. Seems as though the invisible phantom people supposedly offended should also....just move along.

The seven million new gun owners didn't know this was coming, nor do they deserve it. And undoubtedly, there are millions of gun-owning Americans who could not afford to start stockpiling ammunition pre-pandemic, pre-civil unrest and pre-election stupidity.

Seems as though anyone who even brings up the issue of ammo unavailability or prices is "whining" or "crying."

Anyway, it's hard to respect the guys selling 9mm FMJ for a dollar or more per round. I'm selling off ammo, mostly to guys I work with, and to a few friends of my kids' but pretty much for what I paid for it (OTD, with tax) in an effort to give to my community. I'm sitting on enough ammo that if I flipped half of it by advertising on-line, I could buy a new truck with cash. But I'm more interested in helping out those truly in need.

By the way, tying the ability to post classifieds to post count (speaking of post count, I've been here from the beginning but have always believed in read more, post less, so don't judge me by my meager post numbers), website donations or length of time on the board seems a tad discriminatory but mostly doesn't recognize the fact that most members can probably detect the gougers and those who use the forums only to make money.

Very good post. RE: Your long time membership and low post count. I knew there were things to be learned from folks like you!

And you make a great point for not requiring minimum post counts.

A couple weeks ago I had an interesting experience on the road. I was in the left hand turn lane, waiting to turn onto a street. It was dusk, my lights were on, and I was waiting for a line of oncoming traffic to clear before I could make my left turn. The last car in the line, about 100 yds out started flashing his lights at me, and when he got closer I could see him flipping me off. He slowed down as he passed me, and yelled at me to turn off my effin' high beams. I yelled back at him "hill".

The road where I was waiting to make my left turn was down slope, effectively pointing my headlights of my truck up a bit, and probably seemed like I had my brights on to that guy. I didn't get mad at the guy who flipped me off, it just reinforced the point that we shouldn't get all bent out of shape about situations where we don't have all the information.

I recently placed some ads in the ammo classifieds here, at market prices based on completed auction prices on gunbroker (ie. what people are actually paying for ammo right now). The retail prices on ammoseek seemed really absurd so I thought the gunbroker prices were a better indicator of true market price. I've owned this ammo for over 5 years, some maybe 10 (just sitting in my ammo storage cabinets).

I am selling this ammo (and some firearms) because my company recently shut down and I could use the cash. Is this wrong? What is the right price to sell things at, if not market price? Should we have state dictated pricing, like the former Soviet Union? Are you going to tell me what I should sell things for? Can I tell you what you should sell your things for?

Yes, I am aware that there are people who buy and sell ammo (and video cards, and PS5's) to turn a profit in times of high demand and low supply, but in our free market economy that happens. My longwinded point is that you dont know what you dont know. Some people are trying to sell stuff to pay for diapers, others are flipping stuff. That is the free market economy, and you, the consumer make the call. Buy, or dont buy. That's it. There is no need to flip anyone off on the way.

PS. I recently became a bronze member because I got an email saying that ad revenue was down and that the forum needed some help to keep going. Honestly I dont use this forum much, but I do think its existence is important to share knowledge and provide an open marketplace. I probably belong to 20-30 other forums and facebook groups for my various hobbies and this is one of two memberships I pay for.

RENNER22. I hear you. I've been a member here since 2009 at least. Dont post unless it helps the conversation. (mostly) I got the same email. I remembered the guns I've bought from some good people. I have sold a few as well.

So, It didn't take a lot of thinking to become a diamond supporter. I had a listing here that sold on another site. I will donate more to this site anyway, as soon as we settle up on the $. I have 2 more listed here. One is sold, just setting up the meet. Ice and snow postponed our meet today. This site will be getting a cut of that too.

The third one. Lots of offers. But nobody following through. But, it will sell. More $ to this site.

This is a good place. I don't watch the news, this site keeps me up on the 2A attacks.:eek:

Free ads for supporting members. Charge non-supporting members for ads. That may turn them into supporting members even if all they do is sell in the classified.

I think that only supporting paying members should be allowed to place a for sale add. Any member could access the classified form and buy items, but only paying members can sell.
This is how it is at Blade Forums, the largest knife forum site.

I'm
I think that only supporting paying members should be allowed to place a for sale add. Any member could access the classified form and buy items, but only paying members can sell.
This is how it is at Blade Forums, the largest knife forum site.

It's been considered, but honestly our biggest draw is the free classifieds and it definitely keeps traffic headed here. It's not gonna happen. I know because I proposed it a couple years ago to Joe and he advised me it's not an option.

IMHO, This thread contributes less than an ad for an overpriced classified item. But whatever.

Yup. These rant threads are even more "feels" than the overpriced stuff people get so upset about. Huh. It's the internet. If I got all fired up over everything I read on the net that upset me I'd be dead from a heart attack.

Free ads for supporting members. Charge non-supporting members for ads. That may turn them into supporting members even if all they do is sell in the classified.

Probably not. then they will sell elsewhere and your classifieds die. This would result in less traffic from people who come mainly for classified. It's not necessarily a bad thing but gatekeeping is.

Probably not. then they will sell elsewhere and your classifieds die. This would result in less traffic from people who come mainly for classified. It's not necessarily a bad thing but gatekeeping is.
Probably true, but there aren't many platforms left where you can sell firearms and related gear. Especially at the local level.

I've seen this tried before. As most folks do not want to pay to talk about stuff and occasionally sell and item it all fell apart. Ended up as less folks in the end.

Am I the only one that finds it irksome when people set up shop on the forum and contribute nothing?.
Just looking in the ammo classifieds, and one person who signed on about eight weeks ago has ten separate ads flipping ammo.
Nothing contributed, neither financially , or intellectually.
Only uses the forum to flip and gouge.
Rant off.
Best,
Gary
There should be a fee for each listing if not a contributing member. Bring up the "new" page. Some days it seems to be 75% classifieds. We're all bro's here. So why the GunBroker prices?

Am I the only one that finds it irksome when people set up shop on the forum and contribute nothing?.
Just looking in the ammo classifieds, and one person who signed on about eight weeks ago has ten separate ads flipping ammo.
Nothing contributed, neither financially , or intellectually.
Only uses the forum to flip and gouge.
Rant off.
Best,
Gary

You were saying....

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR